Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Psycho Society posted:

So if anything the problem is acting like you have more privilege than you do? Maybe if his daddy was a little bit richer he could bribed Kim Jong Un through the chinese.

Uh...no? I'm saying he probably lived a life without facing any kind of consequence and he hosed up majorly here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I glad he dead

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

facebook jihad posted:

Uh...no? I'm saying he probably lived a life without facing any kind of consequence and he hosed up majorly here.

Maybe he was generally a good kid and didn't make all sorts of horrible brokebrain decisions before this one? I mean his friends described him as studious & quirky which I feel would be odd descriptors for a real bro's bro.

Just weighing in for the defense. You could be right.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

B. Birdsworth posted:

Maybe he was generally a good kid and didn't make all sorts of horrible brokebrain decisions before this one? I mean his friends described him as studious & quirky which I feel would be odd descriptors for a real bro's bro.

Look at what he is wearing in all these pictures he def made other horrible brokebrain decisions

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

B. Birdsworth posted:

To be fair, those are all statements after the fact. People have a tendency to romanticize the lost, even when we thought it was just for 14 years

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
That's just standard middle class Ohioan attire.

We're generally sturdy folk, present topic of conversation not included, if not the most fashionable

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

fruit on the bottom posted:

To be fair, those are all statements after the fact. People have a tendency to romanticize the lost, even when we thought it was just for 14 years

Yeah for sure, but if he were really the pee-pee-head bro everyone assumed he was I'd expect to see things like "vivacious" and "fun" and "loved life" etc, not studious and quirky and goal-oriented. Econ' s not a joke major where he was going too so the studious part checks out.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Kurtofan posted:

hum i have doubts about this confession

anyway china tried

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/877234140483121152

China's totally annexing the entire Korean Peninsula before Trump's second term ends :china:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

B. Birdsworth posted:

Yeah for sure, but if he were really the pee-pee-head bro everyone assumed he was I'd expect to see things like "vivacious" and "fun" and "loved life" etc, not studious and quirky and goal-oriented. Econ' s not a joke major where he was going too so the studious part checks out.

Ah, I get what you're saying now.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

gently caress da Mods posted:

Otto explored tthe world, he had just gotten back from backpacking across MExico, so it was on his bucket list...nothing nefarious, sorry u goons dnt leave ur houses?

I went to Cuba before it was "allowed"——its called adventures.

He would be alive today without that bucket list.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Blue Train posted:

Look at what he is wearing in all these pictures he def made other horrible brokebrain decisions

His attire gives off 'douchey southern university frat type with more money than sense' but maybe he was more of a goon than I thought. Who knows? His actions speak towards either way.

Maybe he stole the poster for the lols.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Goons have a pretty decent record for surviving prison torture.

Thanks, Caro!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
captain crunch couldn't save him

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

Toadvine posted:

That's just standard middle class Ohioan attire.

We're generally sturdy folk, present topic of conversation not included, if not the most fashionable

In the South, including where he went to school, that kind of attire is very fashionable and could absolutely be seen on a bro who never had to face consequences. One for the prosecution IMO.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
North Korea might not even be at fault, plenty of young people in the US go brain dead because of heart attacks/strokes, etc.

I feel like we should give North Korea some benifit of doubt, especially when they kept feeding and hydrating him after he was brain dead and his parents decided to let him die in the US and they couldn't find any signs of intentional injury.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Maybe being stupid enough to go to North Korea on vacation is enough to shrink your brain to the point where you die from it.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Young (and dead) pioneers

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
FADE IN

THE DMZ BETWEEN THE KOREAS - DAY

Vice President Pence visits the DMZ, and looks across with binoculars to see a young, white man flanked by two North Korean military officers

PENCE: Hey, isn't that the Warmbier kid?

Vice President Pence looks through the binoculars again, this time seeing one of the North Korean guards very obviously manipulating Warmbiers arm into a wave, as a slightly muffled voice echoes across the DMZ

Guard: Hello Mr. Vice President! It is me, Otto, the capitalist American pigdog! I am just fine, my brain is in working order, and I am being treated well!

Pence slowly lowers the binoculars and stares in disbelief as the two guards half drag the limp body of Otto down over the horizon

END SCENE

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Three Olives posted:

North Korea might not even be at fault, plenty of young people in the US go brain dead because of heart attacks/strokes, etc.

I feel like we should give North Korea some benifit of doubt, especially when they kept feeding and hydrating him after he was brain dead and his parents decided to let him die in the US and they couldn't find any signs of intentional injury.

Maybe his parents went "gently caress no, hes back" and killed him.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
They obviously hated him even when he was a babby "What can we call the little poo poo? Oh i know, 'Otto' lol gay name lol"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm weeping for the dweeby dystopian tourist, like I never wept for the victims of 9/11 - some goons

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

Three Olives posted:

It wasn't a stroke, but heart attack is possible. There's a condition called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy which is associated with sudden cardiac death in young people who are athletic. It's relatively rare though.

To give the Norks the benny of the D (which I do), given that they already said he got botulism, that still means they basically neglected him while he asphyxiated until his brain came apart.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Extremely safe tours. Visit places like Somalia, Libya, South Sudan, Cambodian minefields, ISIS controlled Iraq, and more. Very low mortality rate.

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

VikingSkull posted:

FADE IN

THE DMZ BETWEEN THE KOREAS - DAY

Vice President Pence visits the DMZ, and looks across with binoculars to see a young, white man flanked by two North Korean military officers

PENCE: Hey, isn't that the Warmbier kid?

Vice President Pence looks through the binoculars again, this time seeing one of the North Korean guards very obviously manipulating Warmbiers arm into a wave, as a slightly muffled voice echoes across the DMZ

Guard: Hello Mr. Vice President! It is me, Otto, the capitalist American pigdog! I am just fine, my brain is in working order, and I am being treated well!

Pence slowly lowers the binoculars and stares in disbelief as the two guards half drag the limp body of Otto down over the horizon

END SCENE

Go on.

WD40
Nov 25, 2005

Blue Train posted:

People had accepted his death and it was a complete surprise he came back

Woah, caro survived?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

WD40 posted:

Woah, caro survived?

Mistakes into miracles

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
And he has a blog.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm getting brain damage from reading the same posts on every page

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

It's good that he died.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
The idea that north korea doesnt know how to toruture without leaving damage or cant restrain itself from torturing people to death is pretty absurd. Sounds like he tried to kill himself and it worked sorta. And lol he probably did it because we lie constamtly about the regime and he thought he would indeed be tortured to death.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Heard that the norks made him read d&d

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

More like

Otto Warmbier - retired by North Korea?

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I think the greatest tragedy to come out of this is that we'll never get to see Otto Warmbier's face when he finds out that Donald Trump is president. Can you imagine waking up from a coma and wondering why Donald Trump is in the room and then they tell you that he's your president? I mean how many opportunities like that will there be?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

DogonCrook posted:

The idea that north korea doesnt know how to toruture without leaving damage or cant restrain itself from torturing people to death is pretty absurd. Sounds like he tried to kill himself and it worked sorta. And lol he probably did it because we lie constamtly about the regime and he thought he would indeed be tortured to death.

He was actually treated to the greatest shiatsu massage known to man. Upon realizing the errors of his Western ways and Dear Leaders Kim Jong Un's magnanimous gift his brain shut down out of shame

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

DogonCrook posted:

:chloe:

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
gently caress you haters, enjoy your basemnts.

Otto went out legendary.

RIP bro, miss you

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lil Peeler posted:

I think the greatest tragedy to come out of this is that we'll never get to see Otto Warmbier's face when he finds out that Donald Trump is president. Can you imagine waking up from a coma and wondering why Donald Trump is in the room and then they tell you that he's your president? I mean how many opportunities like that will there be?

Holy poo poo I never thought about it like this

RIP Otto

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

gently caress da Mods posted:

gently caress you haters, enjoy your basemnts.

Otto went out legendary.

RIP bro, miss you

hell yeah cracking out my next 12 pack in his honor

skid row bro otto!!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Otto died hysteric on the Juche Road

Witness him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I mean sheriff clarke let 4 people die one by dehydration and we nominated him to be the head of homeland security. Im getting some mixed messages here.

• Locked thread