Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Sloober posted:

Is it supported by Coca Cola and is the saltwater actually just saltier coca cola

That's the missing ingredient in Coke's secret recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Boon posted:

Or... Trump is unpopular in this heavy-R district but it's going to be a close race at best for the Dems... which it is.

mcmagic wants to make the claim that the Democrats should be winning these districts easily but his logic is absurd on its face.

I want to make the point that we aren't seeing huge spikes in democratic voters turning out because of how offensive Trump is.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
so when do we start to get some actual info on this dumb race

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Do you have Trump's approval in GA6?

I'm trying to find it but I can't, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start pretending his national numbers mean much here. Or even necessarily state numbers, although I wish I could at least find that as it would be a bit closer.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

mcmagic posted:

I want to make the point that we aren't seeing huge spikes in democratic voters turning out because of how offensive Trump is.

You're not making a good argument for doing so then, because a narrow defeat would indicate a strong over performance for Dems based on history and current national polling.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

If Dems could just get 40% turnout in a midterm election they'd sweep the House.

Think of how unlikely that is and how low that bar is.

That is American Politics, friend.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

mcmagic posted:

We did get pretty high turnout against trump, but in areas that were already solidly blue.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

skylined! posted:

After 7 eastern

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/sangerkatz/status/877257978864336896

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

skylined! posted:

7:01 pm EST.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Sloober posted:

Is it supported by Coca Cola and is the saltwater actually just saltier coca cola

I don't think so, there's a bit of empty space between the two that would make piping challenging.

Also I would assume that the fish water would be used for coca cola production.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If Dems could just get 40% turnout in a midterm election they'd sweep the House.

Think of how unlikely that is and how low that bar is.

That is American Politics, friend.

Correct, This is what is depressing me. I thought that how horrible this Regime is would get people who don't normally vote out to vote. That doesn't seem to be happening.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

skylined! posted:

Tomorrow morning

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

skylined! posted:

I'm guessing exit polling would be worthless with early voting being considered, but I'm surprised we don't have some exit polls pushing the horse race narrative.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Josh Lyman posted:

Do the Chattahoochee and Lake Lanier have fish?

That wouldn't be seafood. Fish but not seafood. Not from the sea.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

mcmagic posted:

Correct, This is what is depressing me. I thought that how horrible this Regime is would get people who don't normally vote out to vote. That doesn't seem to be happening.

You're also up against people who even though they worry about Trump, hate "demicrats".

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Crabtree posted:

You're also up against people who even though they worry about Trump, hate "demicrats".

Those people will vote no matter what... our side doesn't.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

That wouldn't be seafood. Fish but not seafood. Not from the sea.

Yeah but even then if it was coming from the Chattahoochee it'd be classified as "raw sewage" so you're both wrong.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Please god let A News happen to stop location chat.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Chard posted:

Location + food chat. The unstoppable derail.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mcmagic posted:

That's the history of progress for you. Just because nebulous bad is happening doesn't mean people will spend their time and effort to try and stop it.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

mcmagic posted:

Those people will vote no matter what... our side doesn't.

Coincidentally the side that is suppressed in myriad ways.

Funny that.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Chard posted:

We haven't even started in on who has the best BBQ in Atlanta, or Korean BBQ.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

mango sentinel posted:

Community Q, Honey Pig

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Chard posted:

There's been a mass shooting at Ava's near Market Street in Charleston. The place with the best biscuits in town.

I know a lot of people will say that the best biscuits are actually at The Taphouse, but they are wrong.

Ava's Buttered up biscuits are coated with your choice of cheddar, hot chocolate, maple bacon, cinnamon, sour cream and chives and you name it!

Might I add, they also have the classic biscuit too!

It's basically flavored biscuits and a great bakery good to munch on!

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/877266101381550082

Ossoff victory party not gonna be too lit at those prices

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sloober posted:

Ironically, it's supported by Home Depot.

mango sentinel posted:

Best BBQ is Community Q. They DEFINITELY have the best mac 'n cheese I've ever had anywhere.

I like Iron Age for Korean BBQ.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 20, 2017

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
oh no I feel the hope coming again

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/877262286053941250

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/877264125029752832

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

HannibalBarca posted:

I think cocktails cost more than $12 at that Westin.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Do you have Trump's approval in GA6?

Here's basically the most recent polling for GA-06 I can find. It puts Trump at 51% Approve/41% Disapprove, but it's from back in March. On top of that the pollster, Trafalgar Group, isn't particularly well rated by 538. They have been using them in their GA-06 Ossoff/Handel polling, but give the group a C rating so eh?

Probably too far back to really draw much in the way of conclusions ultimately. Anyways, the point is just because people from Country/Population A are predominantly one thing, doesn't mean people from District/Subpopulation B are the same. Scandinavians are generally tall as gently caress, but I wouldn't expect that out of a remote Norwegian village where everyone suffers from malnutrition.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

HannibalBarca posted:

well he ran on fiscal responsibility

Josh Lyman posted:

Best BBQ is Community Q. They DEFINITELY have the best mac 'n cheese I've ever had anywhere.

nobody gives a gently caress, dude

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I'm gonna say that I'm fine not wasting political donations on an open bar. Like, I donate to campaigns, but its not to stock the liquor cabinet.

Also, related to fundraising chat

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/877166715418931202

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Chard posted:

Somewhere, another withered and blackened finger curls toward the monkey's palm...

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Chard posted:

There was an explosion in Brussels, but it seems to be under control.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Push El Burrito posted:

It will if you use a sounding reed.

I suggest an oboe reed.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Ben Jacob has (mediocre) jokes
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/877267352391483392

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm gonna say that I'm fine not wasting political donations on an open bar. Like, I donate to campaigns, but its not to stock the liquor cabinet.

Also, related to fundraising chat

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/877166715418931202

Christ, why couldn't this have come last week for a 15-second commercial showing just this tweet?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

That's the history of progress for you. Just because nebulous bad is happening doesn't mean people will spend their time and effort to try and stop it.

This seems like more than just "nebulous bad" but maybe I'm overestimating the public.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HannibalBarca posted:

Candidate who ran on cutting government waste doesn't have open bar for victory party: News after the break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Debating whether or not to load up this PredictIt account and monetize my fatalism re Democrats

• Locked thread