Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Zigmoose posted:

How fast do you need to fly to avoid your own bombs? Bomblets might be a double edged sword on the Quad.

A 1 forward gets you out of bomb range, so I really doubt it. 1 speed template to deploy, 1 speed template is the same as the base length, and a 1 speed template for the maneuver. Range 1 is ~2.5 speeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Devlan Mud posted:

Make it Zuvio with a pattern analyzer and then ya got something!!

Quadjumper: •Constable Zuvio (30)
Spacetug Tractor Array (2)
Adaptability (+1) (0)
•Cad Bane (2)
•Bomblet Generator (3)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
•Cloaking Device (2)

30 points is a lot to spend on a Quadjumper but it's also extremely funny to me.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.

Strobe posted:

A 1 forward gets you out of bomb range, so I really doubt it. 1 speed template to deploy, 1 speed template is the same as the base length, and a 1 speed template for the maneuver. Range 1 is ~2.5 speeds.

Oh great! So anything but a reverse should be safe. Looking forward to trying it out.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Zigmoose posted:

Oh great! So anything but a reverse should be safe. Looking forward to trying it out.

Unless a reverse out the front guides

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dengar - K4, plasma, chimps, EM, Expertise, unhinged
Fenn - Autothrusters, PTL
Jakku gunrunner - Spacetug tractor, pattern analyzer, cloaking device, cikatro vizago (with any other 2pt cloak replacement)

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
People around here have been running this (I think it won or did well at a store championship in Wisconsin):
Jakku Gunrunner (15)
Cikatro Vizago (0)
Seismic Charges (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Cloaking Device (2)

Ketsu Onyo (38)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Dengar (3)
Glitterstim (2)
Gyroscopic Targeting (2)

Genesis Red (19)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (Cannon) (2)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Swap Glitter for Burnout SLAM if you need another point for initiative.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Dengar - K4, plasma, chimps, EM, Expertise, unhinged
Fenn - Autothrusters, PTL
Jakku gunrunner - Spacetug tractor, pattern analyzer, cloaking device, cikatro vizago (with any other 2pt cloak replacement)

In this list, I'd put a lot of thought into dropping the plasma torps in favor of title on Fenn and a bomb on the gunrunner (switch to scavenging crane after cloaking)

canyonero posted:

People around here have been running this (I think it won or did well at a store championship in Wisconsin):
Jakku Gunrunner (15)
Cikatro Vizago (0)
Seismic Charges (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Cloaking Device (2)

Ketsu Onyo (38)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Dengar (3)
Glitterstim (2)
Gyroscopic Targeting (2)

Genesis Red (19)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (Cannon) (2)

Total: 98

Swap Glitter for Burnout SLAM if you need another point for initiative.

Yeah this guy has the right idea! I saw this on reddit a week-ish ago and it looks like a lot of fun. No way am I buying a CROC right now though.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Lone wolf triggers constantly because Whisper should be flanking (set up in the middle-ish) while Kylo runs straight at them (after setting up at PS12).

I bring the two big rocks and one medium debris field. I try to put the two biggest obstacles in their corners at range 3 (instead of range 2). With 3-forward + boost on Kylo I usually get the engagement near that rock in a way that keeps them from making fancy maneuvers to turn in to whisper. I *want* them to shoot Kylo.

So this Whisper/Kylo thing is a fun list. My meta has a lot of high PS ships with a 2-3 bid at the moment though, so every match last night was scary. Dengar/Tel has a 2 point bid, but I won the roll. Dengar and 2 tugs has a 2 point bid, but I won the roll. Ketsu/Genesis Red/Tug has a 3 point bid, so he took initiative. The nice thing there is that Genesis' ability never triggered because I just didn't Focus with Kylo, and Genesis moves before Whisper.

Anyway, I went 2-1. I like that you can potentially use Kylo to get a Damaged Cockpit on other high PS ships (PS 10s or PS 9s with initiative), making Whisper free to be Whisper. It just takes some work to get in a position where you're ok with Whisper getting shot before she can shoot/cloak. That way you can shoot back, hopefully with Palp still and push that PS 0 crit though.

I'll probably keep with it for a bit. Nice work ConfusedUs!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyonero posted:

So this Whisper/Kylo thing is a fun list. My meta has a lot of high PS ships with a 2-3 bid at the moment though, so every match last night was scary. Dengar/Tel has a 2 point bid, but I won the roll. Dengar and 2 tugs has a 2 point bid, but I won the roll. Ketsu/Genesis Red/Tug has a 3 point bid, so he took initiative. The nice thing there is that Genesis' ability never triggered because I just didn't Focus with Kylo, and Genesis moves before Whisper.

Anyway, I went 2-1. I like that you can potentially use Kylo to get a Damaged Cockpit on other high PS ships (PS 10s or PS 9s with initiative), making Whisper free to be Whisper. It just takes some work to get in a position where you're ok with Whisper getting shot before she can shoot/cloak. That way you can shoot back, hopefully with Palp still and push that PS 0 crit though.

I'll probably keep with it for a bit. Nice work ConfusedUs!

I stole this from the internet so it's not my list in that sense. But it's totally something I could come up with! It's right up my alley.

Anyway the original version of this had Echo instead of Whisper with a whopping four-point bid. However, I found that without the extra focus from Whisper, it was much easier to lose the Phantom. And really, there's not much of a difference between having Echo vs PS9+ ships and having Whisper vs them, except that Whisper may win initiative.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Can you switch in Burnout SLAM onto a small ship using Cikatro Vizago? It's usually large ship only.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Can you switch in Burnout SLAM onto a small ship using Cikatro Vizago? It's usually large ship only.

Not sure.
The ruling we've been using locally in absence of an FAQ is that whatever you swap in must otherwise be legal on the ship

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

canyoneer posted:

Not sure.
The ruling we've been using locally in absence of an FAQ is that whatever you swap in must otherwise be legal on the ship

Oh, I read the list above incorrectly anyway. They meant swap out Glitterstim for Burnout SLAM on Ketsu, not the quadjumper. Silly me!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

canyoneer posted:

Not sure.

I don't think this even needs a FAQ.

Page 18 of the rules says "A ship cannot equip an upgrade that is restricted to other types or sizes of ships" and there's a similar line about faction restrictions.

Page 19 has a line about unique cards, so you can't double up on something unique like EMP Device.

It's pretty clear.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
I'm gonna blare a saxophone while playing this list.

100 points

PILOTS

“Whisper” (40)
TIE Phantom (32), Inspiring Recruit (1), Fire-Control System (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

“Countdown” (22)
TIE Striker (20), Adaptive Ailerons (0), Lightweight Frame (2)

Countess Ryad (38)
TIE Defender (34), Juke (2), TIE/x7 (-2), Engine Upgrade (4)

Cause it's a careless Whisper......... Yes I built this list just for that joke

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'm gonna blare a saxophone while playing this list.

100 points

PILOTS

“Whisper” (40)
TIE Phantom (32), Inspiring Recruit (1), Fire-Control System (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

“Countdown” (22)
TIE Striker (20), Adaptive Ailerons (0), Lightweight Frame (2)

Countess Ryad (38)
TIE Defender (34), Juke (2), TIE/x7 (-2), Engine Upgrade (4)

Cause it's a careless Whisper......... Yes I built this list just for that joke

I'd 100% drop Engine on Ryad for PTL and TwinIonEngine, and upgrade Whisper's crew to Kallus.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

I'd 100% drop Engine on Ryad for PTL and TwinIonEngine, and upgrade Whisper's crew to Kallus.

Don't have a punisher or a gozanti, so neither are gonna happen sadly.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I like TIE Punishers. They are adorable ordinance machines.

EDIT: Speaking of ordinance, let's clear out obstacles from the board!

Major Rhymer (26)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Seismic Torpedo (2)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Seismic Charges (2)

Tomax Bren (24)
Extra Munitions (2)
Seismic Torpedo (2)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Seismic Charges (2)

Countess Ryad (34)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Total: 99

IronSaber fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 20, 2017

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I'm thinking Stay On Target on Scum Nym with Genius and Bomblet Generator sounds like a good time. Dial in a three speed maneuver and you then have your choice of 7 total moves to slide around and put a bomb where you want it (including t rolls).

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I don't recognize this game anymore and the latest wave offers nothing for me thematically. The fact that Random Cartoon Video Game ship has edged iconic stuff like TIEs and alphabet wings out of "the meta" annoys me. More and more I feel like I am buying ships out of "obligation" so I have the cards just in case I need them for ~a build~. It feel like it's passed me by.

I am going to chill out and just play this casually with friends and acquaintances for a while without buying poo poo.

Sorry for this post.

:smith:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That reminds me how I was telling a buddy of mine that if anything this latest wave will probably result in a lot of early adopters quitting and possbly selling their lots for cheap on eBay/Kijiji etc so I've been keeping my eye out.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
If you're looking for a break from the game competitively, try Heroes of the Aturi Cluster. I'm looking to start at a campaign at my FLGS and hopefully that'll help keep me interested. My FLGS also from time to time does unique tournaments to avoid everything being meta lists and tryhardy.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I have felt the same, but for different reasons. I am on the opposite side where I don't care about the lore/story, and just want a good balanced game that rewards good plays. The game feels like it has shifted into heavy power-creeping where a list used by anyone can beat a great player. I haven't touched my stuff in almost two months and wonder how long I should sit on it hoping a strong FAQ or 2.0 rolls out before I give up.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Slandible posted:

I have felt the same, but for different reasons. I am on the opposite side where I don't care about the lore/story, and just want a good balanced game that rewards good plays. The game feels like it has shifted into heavy power-creeping where a list used by anyone can beat a great player. I haven't touched my stuff in almost two months and wonder how long I should sit on it hoping a strong FAQ or 2.0 rolls out before I give up.

Yeah this is kind of where I am. The competitive meta is going to be poo poo-awful for as long as I can see into the future - bombs, biggs, TLTs, spike damage being basically everything, netlist or GTFO.

I really don't hold with it, and I don't have time to obsessively practice non-netlists against netlists until I can reliably beat though, so I'm not going to be doing well in high level competition nor enjoying it, for quite a while.

I'll stick to club play and store champs and painting for a while.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I don't recognize this game anymore and the latest wave offers nothing for me thematically. The fact that Random Cartoon Video Game ship has edged iconic stuff like TIEs and alphabet wings out of "the meta" annoys me. More and more I feel like I am buying ships out of "obligation" so I have the cards just in case I need them for ~a build~. It feel like it's passed me by.

I am going to chill out and just play this casually with friends and acquaintances for a while without buying poo poo.

Sorry for this post.

:smith:

I started to worry when the Phantom was introduced.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I can understand what people are saying about the state of the game, but personally I don't think it is so bad. Personally I am doing well with BBYZZ and at tournaments the top 8 is not really dominated by one or two lists. Of course it seems the Australian meta is a bit weird compared to the US. Wave 11 is going to weird and I agreed that imperials need some help.

Strangely I am seeing a lot of top players taking Imps to the bigger store champs. Here are the top 2 lists from a 40 person store championship

Inquisitor (PTL, Auto, Title) - Omega Leader (Juke, Comms) - Patrol Leader (Vader)

Omega Leader (Juke, Comms Relay) - Carnor Jax (PTL , Auto) - Patrol Leader (Vader)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfQjJSKcwB8

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I wish I had more time to play. :smith: I just hope the game doesn't die on me locally.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

Inquisitor (PTL, Auto, Title) - Omega Leader (Juke, Comms) - Patrol Leader (Vader)

I flew this list right after wave 8 hit but it really didn't too well against in vogue rebel regen at the time. Might have to dust it off.

I still have fun at Xwing, but facing jumpmasters and Biggs Kanan gives me major douchechills. That fuckin dial man.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Madurai posted:

I started to worry when the Phantom was introduced.

Over 2 years ago? That's a long time to worry....

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

Over 2 years ago? That's a long time to worry....

Hasn't it been three years now?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hasn't it been three years now?

I was giving it the benefit of the doubt without looking it up...

We are all getting old.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

I flew this list right after wave 8 hit but it really didn't too well against in vogue rebel regen at the time. Might have to dust it off.

I still have fun at Xwing, but facing jumpmasters and Biggs Kanan gives me major douchechills. That fuckin dial man.

Might have to do with the caliber of players but both Foss and Reid beat jumpmasters and Miranda/Biggs lists with both of those lists. Think lots of TLTs would be a giant pain in the rear end for them though.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Hadn't noticed before but Carnor jax shuts down Kanan. :toot:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

hoiyes posted:

Hadn't noticed before but Carnor jax shuts down Kanan. :toot:

For one turn before he gets wiped out by the autoblaster turret.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

No normal Kanan build uses autoblaster. If they do, the imperial player just hangs out at range three and wins.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

No normal Kanan build uses autoblaster. If they do, the imperial player just hangs out at range three and wins.

Dumb question time. Say ghost has auto blaster equipped, but the docked phantom has a TLT on it. Can ghost fire the TLT on phantom?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

No. The phantom effectively does not exist while docked. It simply allows the Ghost title to function.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

No. The phantom effectively does not exist while docked. It simply allows the Ghost title to function.

Figured that was the way. Swear I had someone try that when I first started playing.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
It happens a lot as an innocent mistake, the ghost and phantom titles confuses everyone.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Three questions:

If you have an autoblaster and crit, the other person rolls an evade, do they cancel the autoblaster crit completely? IE, crits are bad for autoblasters?

Where's a good place to start looking for squad lists? Preferably a scum one with an aggressor. :v:

Is there any real advantage to large ships? I assumed they'd get more shots or something, but they seemed capped out at 3 like everything else.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes

Google list juggler

Large ships take up more real estate for blocking and move faster - i.e. A one forward equals a two forward for a small ship due to their base.

• Locked thread