Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
White Mage, Berzerker, Bard, Dancer

Yeah, great, a "BREAK RODS!!!" run where nobody can break a rod :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

KataraniSword posted:

Grind up four flame rings in world 1, your angry mans would appreciate the effort.
I will never grind up Flame Rings, that is insane. I have finished about six Fiestas now without a White Mage and never felt the need to heal with spells. This one is no exception; I have just obliterated Atomos.

I do grind for Reflect Rings most of the time, to be fair, but that is far less effort and has a far better payoff (immediately - hello 2k+ hitting Bios off three reflect targets).

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Shortest form, aka the stuff in !Mix that is absurd no matter what your team composition:

Turtle Shell + Maiden's Kiss: Succubus Kiss. Imagine if Drain had as much power as Flare. Yeah.
Dark Matter + Phoenix Down: Death Potion. Use this to murder things that can be murdered. (Good targets include Dragon Grass and the Seal Guardians)
Dragon Fang + Maiden's Kiss: Dragon Kiss. Makes a character Heavy (which gives them immunity to a lot of otherwise unresistable status poo poo) and Dragon-type. Can be used on enemies along with Dragon Whisker/Dragon Lance/Apollo's Harp for massive damage.
Phoenix Down + Potion: Resurrection. Because having Arise for free as early as World 1 isn't absurd.
Turtle Shell + Phoenix Down: Remedy. Cures pretty much everything that Dragon Kiss doesn't prevent.
Turtle Shell + Eyedrops: Hasty-Ade. It's Haste. That's all it needs to be.
Antidote + Maiden's Kiss: Levisalve. It's Float. That's all it needs to be.
Holy Water + Antidote: Samson's Might. Gives a character a temporary +10 Levels, to a max cap of 255. This is used in damage calculations, so it makes you murder better. It also makes your spells more likely to hit and the enemy's less likely to. (Hero Cocktails do the same thing, with !Drink, if you have that on a character for some reason.)
Dragon Fang + (Hi-)Potion: Dragon Power. See above, but +20 Levels. Twice as good, but needs a material you can't farm easily (or at all, before Drakenvale). The weaker version, in comparison, uses store-bought materials.

This will be very helpful to me. Can we get this and that goon Beastmaster guide somewhere in the OP for easy reference?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Austere things posted:

So, final tally ends up being Geo/Monk/Zerker/Zerker

Since that seems to mean nothing but lots of hits (and some occasional, mostly ineffectual, halfhearted spells) is my only hope for the last stretch of the game to grind up enough levels that the party can take hits to the face and continue on? I can't think of any really good synergy to use for this group, aside from slapping the hp+ on everyone to give them a bit of a boost, and I'm already assuming the triple crown is far, far out of reach of this group of punchy misfits.

You'd be better off giving your Berserkers Barehanded. It'll give them the strength of a Monk, which will boost the damage of their weapons a fair bit. HP+ shouldn't really be necessary for them since the Berserker's innate Stamina is only one point less than the Monk's, which means they already have HP that's comparable to the Monk. But unlike the Monk, Berserkers have access to heavy armor and shields, making them far more durable in the long run.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Simply Simon posted:

I will never grind up Flame Rings, that is insane. I have finished about six Fiestas now without a White Mage and never felt the need to heal with spells. This one is no exception; I have just obliterated Atomos.

I do grind for Reflect Rings most of the time, to be fair, but that is far less effort and has a far better payoff (immediately - hello 2k+ hitting Bios off three reflect targets).

This is the first time I grinded up for Flame Rings... it wasn't too bad as I could do most of it on Auto Battle while watching TV. The only other time I got Black Mage I also had Red Mage and Chemist, so I never really felt like I needed healing. Never gotten Knight or Ranger but I don't really feel like either would be worth the hassle for healing; it's probably easier to grind up enough Elixirs in the Wind Shrine.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Speaking of !Mix, I rather like this chart, which displays all possible combinations in a succinct manner.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

Chemist is very silly.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So my fifth job was White Mage, which replaced Bard. Not a bad trade off, even if bard can be better in the end. White Mage does mean more power for my ninja's throw scrolls along with my red mage's doublecast will actually be useful!

And I guess zerker can equip white magic for healing out of battle.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Rirse posted:

So my fifth job was White Mage, which replaced Bard. Not a bad trade off, even if bard can be better in the end. White Mage does mean more power for my ninja's throw scrolls along with my red mage's doublecast will actually be useful!

And I guess zerker can equip white magic for healing out of battle.

Zerky also really likes !White 6 for the magic boost. Rune Axe keys off of that stat for its attack bonus, so a white-slinging Berserker will do significantly more damage.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

KataraniSword posted:

Zerky also really likes !White 6 for the magic boost. Rune Axe keys off of that stat for its attack bonus, so a white-slinging Berserker will do significantly more damage.

That does sound nice. You know, Ninja, Zerker, White Mage, and Red Mage isn't a bad party. Red Mage isn't great, but it benefit a lot with the others. Probably won't need anymore rods, as scrolls are a slight trade off in damage for being way cheaper.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

OzFactor posted:

Well, you know who's good at getting anything they want in Karnak is a pack of overlevelled kids in wolf hats.

edit: come to think of it... why do the soldiers attack you in Karnak? The castle's going to blow up, so let's... try to kill these friendly citizens? I guess anything goes when the captain of the guard is some sort of famed serial killer.

They're under Exdeath's control, as demonstrated in the cutscene just before where a guard flips the "gently caress everything up" switch.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Fhqwhgads posted:

Don't I need to do Fork Tower in order to get access to the sub so I can do most of these extra areas? How do I do a mage tower with only phys jobs?

Anyone can do the magic half of the fork tower as long as you have a wall ring and bone mail. Then all you need to do is wait out Omniscient's MP total, then start wailing on him. If you hit him while he still has MP, he'll cast return, but if he has no MP then he won't be able to cast it.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what's better? a Ninja with !Black throwing scrolls or just using black magic

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
My final group was Monk/Berserker/Bard/Chemist

Bard's already gotten me through multiple boss fights just because of how bullshit Stop is and i dont even have the buff songs yet. Was kinda the only thing I had going for me until Chemist. Berserker's actually coming in handy as having one means I have somebody who can actually do damage

Chemist was a perfect pull since I didn't have anything else worth using as secondaries on Bard and Monk, so I can just have everybody except the Berserker run !Mix

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what's better? a Ninja with !Black throwing scrolls or just using black magic

Ninja wins until you get the Aga spells, as I recall. After that I think it's Scrolls for AoE and Magic for single target?

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Here's my fiesta triple.

And a true Basch never runs!

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
gilgabot is ignoring me, is it because i never finished last year's run?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Probably hit the tweet limit, like he usually does. Just check the actual fiesta site; either your own page when logged in, or the general Players page.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Supremezero posted:

Ninja wins until you get the Aga spells, as I recall. After that I think it's Scrolls for AoE and Magic for single target?

Pretty much, yeah. Scrolls also give you access to Water-elemental damage, which comes in handy every now and again.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Black/Summoner/Ninja/Dragoon is gonna take off later but not having healing is killing me at the Big Bridge. I might have to actually grind so I don't get whooped by Gilgamesh jumping

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Knight/Ber/Zer/Ker. I'm tempted to restart on SNES so I can get the magic underflow glitch that let me win last year with quadzerk.

Blue Link
Apr 22, 2014
Do not listen to Ondore's lies, for captain Basch is no coward!

derra
Dec 29, 2012
https://twitter.com/D_Amagai/status/877316370987352064

(Dancing Dagger to proc Chicken Knife Sword Dances) Omega's easier when you can tank an Earthquake!

Edit - I guess this counts for the "Triple Crown without an OP class" right?

derra fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 21, 2017

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I was grinding for Reflect Rings today and discovered Bio will heal Bone Mail wearers when I accidently targetted by Berserker mid-battle. Dunno if that's old news or not, but I figured I'd share it anyway just in case it helps someone out.

Also, I'll be back to tally up Brave Blades later tonight, but good job to everyone who's posted thus far!

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

Bad Seafood posted:

I was grinding for Reflect Rings today and discovered Bio will heal Bone Mail wearers when I accidently targetted by Berserker mid-battle. Dunno if that's old news or not, but I figured I'd share it anyway just in case it helps someone out.

Also, I'll be back to tally up Brave Blades later tonight, but good job to everyone who's posted thus far!

Out of curiosity, are you counting this as a per run completed, or one donation per goon?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

derra posted:

https://twitter.com/D_Amagai/status/877316370987352064

(Dancing Dagger to proc Chicken Knife Sword Dances) Omega's easier when you can tank an Earthquake!

Edit - I guess this counts for the "Triple Crown without an OP class" right?

Yes. Also you're kinda nuts.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

UberJew posted:

i rolled chemist so i guess i need to go read up on how to break the game
I haven't been using Chemist's !Mix much but one thing I'm kicking myself about the day after is that they can mix up Float which will make you immune to most damage tiles.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Turns out you can't take screenshots for PS1 games on Vita, so gently caress it, back to the bad mobile port. In any case, let's hear it for the boy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI7YHZVc7mM

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

another Basch if that is still a thing.

I wasn't even going to try to triple crown with Mime/Zerk/Beastmaster/Zerk.

Chadina
Apr 29, 2008

Rudicron posted:

Very well.
Inspired by Dragondarch's level-matching Goblin Punch shenanigans, one of my own FF5 memories, and the current hypothesis that #regpopular is weighted toward blue mages;

I pledge $5 for each Galuf who hits Exdeath with a level-matched Goblin Punch, to a maximum of $100 (for I am unfortunately not inordinately wealthy).

After all, what better way to protect your granddaughter from a tree demon, than with a magically enhanced punch to the face?

https://twitter.com/CrinklyJoe/status/877337882595254273

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Dwall posted:

Out of curiosity, are you counting this as a per run completed, or one donation per goon?
Per run. Picking the Brave Blade and keeping it at full power entails choosing it over the vastly more useful Chicken Knife on top of never running from a single encounter ever. If someone wants to subject themselves to that twice, sure, I'll donate for it.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

19+1 Basch's, who shall take the final victory over the Empire

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Bad Seafood posted:

Per run. Picking the Brave Blade and keeping it at full power entails choosing it over the vastly more useful Chicken Knife on top of never running from a single encounter ever. If someone wants to subject themselves to that twice, sure, I'll donate for it.

My current run is on track for Brave Blading but my Earth job came up Dancer and I have no one else that can use Knight Swords: Black Mage, Berserker, Ranger. Hrm..

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Sage Grimm posted:

My current run is on track for Brave Blading but my Earth job came up Dancer and I have no one else that can use Knight Swords: Black Mage, Berserker, Ranger. Hrm..

https://twitter.com/ff5forfutures/status/748314274376740864

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Pulled it off by the skin of my teeth! (I have no idea why the screen caps are so tiny) Even at lv52 NED was extremely RNG dependent for me. So many times would he get down to one piece left and then just chain Meteo/Comet on repeat and none of my guys could withstand that.

I was down to just desperation !Throw'ing every fuma shruiken and high damage weapon I had.

Also all Pianos and a full power Brave Blade

Next run will be Chaos I suppose?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I mean, you still can, but you're knowingly double-hindering yourself (gotta fight all those battles + got weaker equip) for a charity toxx.

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
I just got Mystic Knight for the first time in a Fiesta, and I feel like either I'm misunderstanding something or the GBA version is different. Status effect spellblades are supposed to hit 100% of the time as long as the enemy isn't immune and you hit, right? I was fighting Purobolos and I wasn't able to land Silence consistently. I was using an Ancient Sword and a Coral Sword, if that matters?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Vernatio posted:

I just got Mystic Knight for the first time in a Fiesta, and I feel like either I'm misunderstanding something or the GBA version is different. Status effect spellblades are supposed to hit 100% of the time as long as the enemy isn't immune and you hit, right? I was fighting Purobolos and I wasn't able to land Silence consistently. I was using an Ancient Sword and a Coral Sword, if that matters?

They might be heavy, which means that silence would land but wear off very quickly.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Fhqwhgads posted:

Pulled it off by the skin of my teeth! (I have no idea why the screen caps are so tiny) Even at lv52 NED was extremely RNG dependent for me. So many times would he get down to one piece left and then just chain Meteo/Comet on repeat and none of my guys could withstand that.

if you leave him down to one part, that one part always has a special ai script

pre:
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:??{
     No Interrupt{
          {Meteo,Almagest,Specialty}
          {Comet,Specialty,Specialty}
          }
     No Interrupt{
          {Meteo,Almagest,Specialty}
          {Maelstrom,Almagest,Specialty}
          }
     No Interrupt{
          {Meteo,Fight,Specialty}
          {Comet,Almagest,Specialty}
          }
     }
so either try to kill them together, or leave the part that lampodin can gank for last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

KataraniSword posted:

I mean, you still can, but you're knowingly double-hindering yourself (gotta fight all those battles + got weaker equip) for a charity toxx.

Weaker in the sense that less jobs can use it? Because I thought Brave Blade was more powerful than Chicken Knife.

• Locked thread