Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Squizzle posted:

🐢 and ryan gotta be wishing the house still had pork as an option to let bills pass that the senate could actually vote on w a straight face

The GOP removing earmarks has completely broken Congress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I SMELLED MARIJUANA AND LOST TRACK OF ONE OF HIS HANDS FOR .0007 SECONDS I WAS TERRIFIED AND HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO PUMP HIS rear end FULL OF LEAD BEFORE HE MARIJUMURDERED ME

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

🐢 and ryan gotta be wishing the house still had pork as an option to let bills pass that the senate could actually vote on w a straight face

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

black man: I'm legally a gun owner

cop: you're legally dead

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
cops are cool when theyre not shooting people an giving speeding tickets to meet budget quotas

my controversial opinion

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Jazerus posted:

secretary of state rex tillerson

Old Snaggletooth himself

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Humidora posted:

"I was scared for my life and fell back on my training," local area man reports before killing baby

"i was scared for my life doing the job in which i'm supposed to risk my life for others lol why is everythign around me so black dangerous"

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

That DICK! posted:

black man: I'm legally a gun owner

cop: you're legally dead

:eyepop:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

step 1) keep your firearm within easy and smooth access
step 2) shoot any cop that appears at your window in the head

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

the bitcoin of weed posted:

its the only profession where you can legally murder people who make you uncomfortable

I don't think that's true. Death Row Corrections Officers can too, and strictly speaking they aren't police officers.

Oh wait. Also Senators and Congressmen.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

what an enormous loving pussy

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Jesus CHRIST

If I was black in this country I would be doing anything and everything I could to move to another country. This poo poo is insane.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the supreme court literally said "if a cop is afraid for his life then he is not criminally liable for anyone he shoots and murders", and it just happens to turn out that like 80% of cops immediately become afraid for their life in the presence of dark skin

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

cops are cool when theyre not shooting people an giving speeding tickets to meet budget quotas

my controversial opinion

cops need super harsh oversight p. much

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

"I was afraid for my life" are magic police officer words for "I absolve myself of all responsibility for the murder I just committed and the state will agree"

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

has any cop used the excuse that they were temporarily high off the perp's reefer aura and lost judgment before murdering someone

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what a surprise that people are defending that piece of poo poo cop in the article

take all weapons away from officers except batons. jfc

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/877234140483121152

:thinkyface:

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

i know two cops.
one is super chill.
the other got super drunk at a party and showed off his gun to everyone and pointed it around for 20 minutes before realizing he never unloaded it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I SMELLED MARIJUANA AND LOST TRACK OF ONE OF HIS HANDS FOR .0007 SECONDS I WAS TERRIFIED AND HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO PUMP HIS rear end FULL OF LEAD BEFORE HE MARIJUMURDERED ME

The lock clicked and I mistook the car lock clicking for a gun shot and i tripped over my gun i was never so scared in my life please help me :qq:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Jesus CHRIST

If I was black in this country I would be doing anything and everything I could to move to another country. This poo poo is insane.

guess what, most other countries also hate you

being black is not a great time, ive been led to believe

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm loving confused because I don't think McConnell would play this hard if he was bluffing about having the votes, but 7 no's this late into his game?

wtf is going on

Is that poo poo just wrong? Are they expected to flip anyway and saying no right now is just cover until they run it right to the line and maybe get some concessions they can wave around, like the House did?

i imagine theres no way for it to pass so the question is who are going to come out of the negotations as the people saying no

is it that the bill is too moderate and the bizarro caucus are saying no, or is it a full gently caress you repeal and the moderate wing is flinching from mass murder

and what are the implications down the road for either

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

HES SO GODDAMN DUMB I CANT BELIEVE IT I CANT loving BELIEV EIT HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

the bitcoin of weed posted:

the supreme court literally said "if a cop is afraid for his life then he is not criminally liable for anyone he shoots and murders", and it just happens to turn out that like 80% of cops immediately become afraid for their life in the presence of dark skin

Somebody on Twitter pointed out that trained cops are allowed to panic at any time, but untrained civilians must always be vigilant and careful around police.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yinlock posted:

cops need super harsh oversight p. much

you need accountability to have the community's trust ya

its fucken dumb to skirt that and there it is

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Jesus CHRIST

where would you move to

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TwoStepBoog posted:

i know two cops.
one is super chill.
the other got super drunk at a party and showed off his gun to everyone and pointed it around for 20 minutes before realizing he never unloaded it

it only takes one shithead to kill a whole lot of people

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

organization created to oppress and kill minorities, and to a lesser extent the poor, kills minorities, and to a lesser extent the poor

hurr maybe they need more oversightn

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
"the assailant tried to hand me his wallet but i knew it was covered in drugs that would get me high and make me a criminal so i shot him due to this reasonable fear."

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Yinlock posted:

it only takes one shithead to kill a whole lot of people

yeah and it only takes the entire department to cover for it.

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Judge: You're accused of 10 counts of murder in the first degree, how do you plead

Man: Not guilty sir, I identify as a cop

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

fits my needs posted:

where would you move to

Jamaica mon

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm just so surprised that carry permits are actually an invitation to be shot to death if you're not white.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

my cousin is a police chief and he's an ok or even good dude otherwise but years of welfare checks have definitely made him racist. I know cspam I know, he's bad and I should kill him, but life is full of these little complexities

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

lol
that footage releasing like right at the same time the repubs are trying to gently caress everyone with this healthcare bill is a recipe for some pretty spicy protests/marches

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

its fucken dumb to skirt that and there it is

:agreed:

*finds the fattest, most no-necked, corrupt cop possible and makes them head of internal affairs*

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
do you want police accountability or do you want us to DO OUR JOBS

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Thoguh posted:

"I was afraid for my life" are magic police officer words for "I absolve myself of all responsibility for the murder I just committed and the state will agree"

it's like in the expanse when they have to unlock the Martian code book to figure out the black ops phrases to use to get the military patrol to leave them alone except the police can use their code phrase to murder whoever they want

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

its fucken dumb and there it is

like if i was in charge i would have draconian anti-corruption at every single level of government + law enforcement

linda i cant help but notice that youve claimed 3 hours of overtime that you haven't put in

linda do you like the sun, would you like to visit the sun

from a cannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

That DICK! posted:

my cousin is a police chief and he's an ok or even good dude otherwise but years of welfare checks have definitely made him racist. I know cspam I know, he's bad and I should kill him, but life is full of these little complexities

:sever:

• Locked thread