Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

dog cops are bad too. that is how terrible the polic are

their biggest crime really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

being president of the united states of america is statistically the most dangerous job :thunk:

gregday
May 23, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

dog cops are bad too. that is how terrible the polic are

http://www.care2.com/causes/german-shepherd-too-nice-to-be-police-dog-finds-other-job-instead.html

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

quote:

In an interview with the BCA, Yanez said he assumed Castile would be reckless because he smelled marijuana.

“Uh but uh as that was happening as he was pulling at, out his hand I thought, I was gonna die and I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five year old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me?”

lmao what in the loving world

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

That DICK! posted:

sure sure. i wasn't trying to absolve my cousin, i was more pointing out that even "the good ones" are probably racist as gently caress because of years of sampling bias

Yeah, I'm with you there.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Thom and the Heads posted:

what an enormous loving pussy

The Audacity Of Dope

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

triple sulk posted:

lmao you think most cops have it hard

fuckin lmao

Uhh I don't know if all cops have it hard. I've read a bunch of collected cop essays (NYPD in particular) and stuff that stands out is like 'today I wrestled on the ground for 15 minutes with a guy who tried to stab me in the face with a knife then I clocked out and went home to have dinner with my wife'.

Not saying it's like super duper stressful but I think it's worse than your standard office job.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/877280711236919296

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think cops should get the death penalty if they so much as speed

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
hey hey hey it's really stressful executing cafeteria workers and pregnant women in front of their children okay?

the article says he tried to point the gun away from the child when he was executing his father so therefore

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Therein lies the problem :hai:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Yinlock posted:

dont worry, there was a serious grassroots campaign about this and the state acted quickly to label it a terrorist cell

lmfao

we are so hosed up

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

george ossof is going to lose and the neolib DNC will blame the left for it.

as is tradition

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

well thats a problem, you will turn smooth brained eventually

that's why you need consequences for those in power

the whole reason their brain smooths is because they no longer have to worry about getting in trouble

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the cops job is to extract rent from the poor in the form of fines and tickets. give the prison industrial complex the justification it needs to imprison the poor and thus generate a profit. and to kill the poor for stepping out of line.

everything else they do is incidental and unimportant

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Vladimir Putin posted:

Not saying it's like super duper stressful but I think it's worse than your standard office job.

Have you even seen Office Space?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

my first law: a car battery will shock the gently caress out of my nuts if i start harming poor people

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
ummmmmmmmmm have u considered that blue lives matter

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

the cops job is to extract rent from the poor in the form of fines and tickets. give the prison industrial complex the justification it needs to imprison the poor and thus generate a profit. and to kill the poor for stepping out of line.

everything else they do is incidental and unimportant

whatcha gonna do when they come for you

and immediately open fire, because you're black

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Yinlock posted:

my first law: a car battery will shock the gently caress out of my nuts if i start harming poor people

there's 👏 no 👏 ethical 👏 nut 👏 shocking 👏 under 👏 capitalism

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Police Officer may be top 10 high risk jobs in the US but I doubt it.

Technically speaking you have the highest risk of dying on the job as President, and after that stuff like electrician and other people we don't allow to gently caress up constantly and kill people just because of their nerves

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Vladimir Putin posted:

Uhh I don't know if all cops have it hard. I've read a bunch of collected cop essays (NYPD in particular) and stuff that stands out is like 'today I wrestled on the ground for 15 minutes with a guy who tried to stab me in the face with a knife then I clocked out and went home to have dinner with my wife'.

lmao you read some cop essays? how can you take these people at their word when they lie on official police reports even when video evidence is present?

lmao loving trusting anything written by a cop

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The other thing with a policemans/woman's job is that you're exposed to some of the worse of human nature on a daily basis. You're going to see some really bad poo poo the people are willing to do to each other. That's got to wear on you if you start out as a normal decent person.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This total loving pussy thought he was in mortal danger because he smelled marijuana and a guy told him I have a gun and that he's not reaching for it

FUUUUUUCK

lol and of course the NRA is dead silent

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Lets hear from that Dirty Jobs rear end in a top hat again. It's been a few weeks since he said that Both Sides are Bad and Millennials are Lazy

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Vladimir Putin posted:

The other thing with a policemans/woman's job is that you're exposed to some of the worse of human nature on a daily basis. You're going to see some really bad poo poo the people are willing to do to each other. That's got to wear on you if you start out as a normal decent person.

Lol what loving babies

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Vladimir Putin posted:

gently caress you

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmfao

we are so hosed up

the right's most powerful quality is persistence. they absolutely never stop until they "win"

even after all that civil rights business they just kept on doing the same poo poo

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/877264947805396993

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Vladimir Putin posted:

Being around other cops is probably pretty awful, but that doesn't excuse anything.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This total loving pussy thought he was in mortal danger because he smelled marijuana and a guy told him I have a gun and that he's not reaching for it

FUUUUUUCK

lol and of course the NRA is dead silent

The NRA being a white supremacist organization is pretty much an open secret at this point

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Vladimir Putin posted:

yeah so do social workers but they don't shoot people over it.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

That DICK! posted:

Lets hear from that Dirty Jobs rear end in a top hat again. It's been a few weeks since he said that Both Sides are Bad and Millennials are Lazy

lol when i first read that he was libertarian, my first thought was "of loving course he is"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

hello friends

today sounded boring in trumpland

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

Police Officer may be top 10 high risk jobs in the US but I doubt it.

Technically speaking you have the highest risk of dying on the job as President, and after that stuff like electrician and other people we don't allow to gently caress up constantly and kill people just because of their nerves

most of the workplace risk from being a cop comes from a huge number of them being fat alcoholics. being shot on duty accounts for like, 10% of workplace police deaths lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

james urbaniak :swoon:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Millenials are killing the Cop industry and here is why

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
reminder that this footage coming out today has already overshadowed that thing earlier this week where a pregnant black woman called the cops because she was being robbed and they showed up and shot her to death :waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

the bitcoin of weed posted:

the supreme court literally said "if a cop is afraid for his life then he is not criminally liable for anyone he shoots and murders", and it just happens to turn out that like 80% of cops immediately become afraid for their life in the presence of dark skin

That's actually an SC ruling? What was the case name and how long has it been on the books?

• Locked thread