Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I guess Lonzo at 2 is a lock if that wasn't already pretty obvious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
DLo breaks out in Brooklyn
PG13 to the Lakers
Buddy gets up

All Ainge's assets must be ruined

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the trade is just sad because a player 2 years removed from going 2nd in the draft is being thrown in as an incentive to clear cap space and acquire the worst rebounding centre since Bargnani.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

THe sixers may get more for okafor hahahah

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Tae posted:

So basically they're giving up the #2 overall pick for a contract that almost everyone thought was bad and signed on the first day of free agency as the first center signed.

Lakers.

They also signed Luol Deng to a 4 year $72 million deal.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
This thread has been keeping me up at night and I love it

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

zelah posted:

I care so much. I know Paul Allen's not there, but I keep looking out my window at work at the moda center trying to will him to action. I can't wait for Meyers and Turner to be gone. I'm still hoping they can swing a CJ for a star trade. What's up Kristaps??

I can't wait for Leonard and Turner to be gone. The problem is that Turners contract is so ridiculous that nobody in their right mind would take it without getting substantial assets in return. Giving up some of the picks the Blazers have just to dump salary doesn't seem worth it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jubs posted:

So they'll probably waive Deng as well.

No PG this year though without giving up Ingram or the #2 pick.

Lmao Magic is about to give up the number 2 for PG

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

xbilkis posted:

DLo breaks out in Brooklyn
PG13 to the Lakers
Buddy gets up

All Ainge's assets must be ruined

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Stop it or you'll be sorry.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Returning from hiatus to say :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That trade makes perfect sense for both sides.

The Nets get an actual honest to god draft pick, and a young player with upside potential. They get a vet in Mosgov, who can play minutes while they are still bad.

The Lakers, get really really good big(who is an expiring), and gain cap space for the cost of a 27th pick. For when they get George, and then try and woo Bron there.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

How many LeBron Lakers jerseys have already been sold? Are there numbers on that?
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877289839556792321

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
So the nets are going to be back to not having any first round picks until 2019

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bulls should have traded Rondo and their 1st for Russell and Mozgov.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

BWV posted:

the trade is just sad because a player 2 years removed from going 2nd in the draft is being thrown in as an incentive to clear cap space and acquire the worst rebounding centre since Bargnani.
And the cap space they're clearing is from a contract they gave out less than a year ago!!

and of course

Niwrad posted:

They also signed Luol Deng to a 4 year $72 million deal.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NickFriedell/status/877289047336648705

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I look forward to Lonzo getting moved to the Raptors in a year's time

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Lakers now have 2, 27 and 28 in the first round so at least there will be young players to watch this year.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Current alpha status: 1/3

Two more spots to fill

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Bring back Jim Buss

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Good news, Brook Lopez dragged Brooklyn to a ton of wins

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Lopez also theoretically allows Randle to not worry so much about outside shooting and just grab rebounds

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

guys I am so loving excited to see LeBron and LaVar wage war next year in the media

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Diva Cupcake posted:

How many LeBron Lakers jerseys have already been sold? Are there numbers on that?
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877289839556792321

Jesus Christ, bring back Jim and Mitch

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

humpthewind posted:

Lakers now have 2, 27 and 28 in the first round so at least there will be young players to watch this year.

Oh the Lakers GOT the 27th? They could be about to flip 27 & 28 and junk for PG.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tae posted:

So basically they're giving up the #2 overall pick for a contract that almost everyone thought was bad and signed on the first day of free agency as the first center signed.

Lakers.

Where someone is drafted doesn't mean poo poo. Where someone is picked doesn't mean poo poo after they have started playing. Especially when there is a new GM from the ones who drafted that person.

DLoading was not liked by the new Front Office and poo poo Lonzo p much told you as much by what he said about needing to be a leader, on the floor and in the locker room like right after his meeting with the Lakers.

Sometimes Picks don't work out and don't fit the culture, poo poo happens.

They were able to trade salary filler in Mosgov, and a player that didn't fit into their future in Russel, for a talented Big in Lopez, a d100 in a 27th pick and significantly more cap flexibility going forward.

You can't do anything about the mistakes the previous GM's made. All you can do is do what you think is the right play.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

So the nets are going to be back to not having any first round picks until 2019

the nets still have the 22 this year

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

InnercityGriot posted:

Guys, the Russell for George trade posted on twitter is from a fake Marc Stein account, I hope that Magic isn't that loving stupid.

You might have figured this out already but that tweet was from the real Stein

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
It's like Magic is reading the thread and just trying to kill Rick and I don't appreciate it one bit

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

drat it Vlade were you asleep or something

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

pubic works project posted:

Oh the Lakers GOT the 27th? They could be about to flip 27 & 28 and junk for PG.

What teams are jumping to trade a high pick for two trash-tier firsts?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's like Magic is reading the thread and just trying to kill Rick and I don't appreciate it one bit

That's my bad.

I'm Magic. God is so good!

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i think the lakers trade is decent for the lakers

they need a solid center to compete and lopez seems like he can fill that role nicely

and dumping the mozgov contract is great for them

lopez seems like an above average center, am i wrong to think that?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah I'm not hating on the trade on the lakers side as much as you guys seem to be. What I don't get is why the nets would make this trade

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I thought the Wade staying in Chicago news would be the peak laughing point of today but then here COME THE SUPER LAKERS.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dexo posted:

Sometimes Picks don't work out and don't fit the culture, poo poo happens.

They were able to trade salary filler in Mosgov, and a player that didn't fit into their future in Russel, and a d100 roll for a 27th pick for a talented Big in Lopez, and significantly more cap flexability going forward.
It's not like they're the Spurs with a well-known culture that turns all sorts of guys into winners. They're a team with a new coach and new GM who don't even have a game under them. Dlo not fitting their future and not fitting their culture are choices they're actively making that they don't need to make.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Brook is like an allstar tier if his foot would stay healthy

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Lopez can't rebound and Dlo is actually really underrated, it's a bad trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I want a Magic Johnson tweet on this trade. I want it so bad.

• Locked thread