Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Vladimir Putin posted:

In all honesty what other job asks you to put yourself in potentially life threatening situations on a daily basis? I mean even coal miners probably have lower blood pressure.

coal mining and working at a sawmill are more dangerous than being a police officer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

look here for live results for the GA race: https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/georgia-congressional-runoff-ossoff-handel

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean? Is he saying nobody should try to flip a seat to the other party?

He's from a petty fiefdom meant to undermine democracy (some lovely, tiny red state with no population and even less brains) but from what I can tell he thinks that Senators shouldn't campaign against Senators because it would cause bad blood. There is actually some history and tradition to this stance, at least as far as senate leadership was concerned, but the GOP threw that out to oust Daschle back in the 00s

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Nuclearmonkee posted:

coal mining and working at a sawmill are more dangerous than being a police officer

So is gas station attendant

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

whoa it's tied !

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

convenience store clerk too

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

euphronius posted:

whoa it's tied !

hopefully we get some results at 7pm

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Nuclearmonkee posted:

why do you hate our troops?

*looks down and shuffles papers*

sorry, wrong card

*clears throat*

blue lives matter, buddy!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Brother Friendship posted:

wake me up on ossof loses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-wEBmLht5g

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
During the previous special election I came up with the amazing pun, "Quist for the mill"

I can't think of anything for this one

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

these states should merge:

Montana + Wyoming

North Dakota + South Dakota

West Virginia + Virginia

why do we have all these useless empty republican states? it just serves to inflate electoral college votes (abolish the electoral college) and senate seats

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

page 365

a page of trump for every day in the year

a year of trump for every page in the thread

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ossify the status quo

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

MORE ELECTIONS

GIVE ME MORE ELECTIONS

UK

FRANCE

MONTANA

RANDOM poo poo

ANOTHER UK ELECTION

NEED MORE

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I guess Ossoff should've been more Oss-on the ball

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It's going to be so crazy when the bill comes out and it's just single payer.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Montana + Wyoming

West Virginia + Virginia

why do we have all these useless empty republican states? it just serves to inflate electoral college votes (abolish the electoral college) and senate seats

all of new england should merge

but there goes a lot of senate seats

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

During the previous special election I came up with the amazing pun, "Quist for the mill"

I can't think of anything for this one

I independently created Vote Your Ossoff but it'd already been made which is BS

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It's going to be so crazy when the bill comes out and it's just single payer.

yes, as in everyone pays money to one single company, the trump health corporation

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

Montana + Wyoming

West Virginia + Virginia

West Virginia is the portion of Virginia that wasn't allowed to secede during the Civil War

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
bone me oss daddy

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Vertical Lime posted:

all of new england should merge

but there goes a lot of senate seats

merge the entire mountain west

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Montana + Wyoming

West Virginia + Virginia

It's a feature, not a bug, these states are designed to sabotage democracy and undermine the Republic by encouraging and empowering oligarchs.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
skelecum

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That DICK! posted:

I independently created Vote Your Ossoff but it'd already been made which is BS

While trying to think what a new Predator sequel could be like I independently came up with the plot of Pitch Black

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Vladimir Putin posted:

In all honesty what other job asks you to put yourself in potentially life threatening situations on a daily basis? I mean even coal miners probably have lower blood pressure.

lol being a police officer is not even remotely one of the most dangerous jobs in the us

fishermen are literally 10x more likely to die on the job than a police officer. being a roofer or a garbageman is several times more dangerous

and the majority of police deaths are from auto accidents, mostly ones that are their own fault, and of those, like 25% are because they weren't wearing seatbelts

more police officers die from slipping and falling each year than from being shot / stabbed / etc.

police are giant loving pussies and they try really, really hard to make everyone think they are in harms way all the time but the average rando is 2-3 times more likely to be shot dead than a cop, depending on the city

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Montana + Wyoming

West Virginia + Virginia

west Virginia broke off sit in the civil war and is only a Republican shithole due to leftist neglect

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Here lies Ossoff, ossified into his own Ossuary perhaps

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brother Friendship posted:

It's a feature, not a bug, these states are designed to sabotage democracy and undermine the Republic by encouraging and empowering oligarchs.

No, West Virginia became a state when the Federal government didn't let a chunk of regular Virginia secede

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/877295368299466752

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

mormonpartyboat posted:

like this is insanely german and i dont think attempting to give it a genre is worth trying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5iczqwzyPs

lol is a genre

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How do you guys not know this stuff

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

whole foods in every town in america

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

eliminate the electoral college and the house

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vladimir Putin posted:

statistically speaking the average cop (not counting SWAT et all) has a lower chance of dying than fishermen, contractors, trash men, and I think I wanna say landscapers but that may just be injury and not full on deaths.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

lol being a police officer is not even remotely one of the most dangerous jobs in the us

fishermen are literally 10x more likely to die on the job than a police officer. being a roofer or a garbageman is several times more dangerous

and the majority of police deaths are from auto accidents, mostly ones that are their own fault, and of those, like 25% are because they weren't wearing seatbelts

more police officers die from slipping and falling each year than from being shot / stabbed / etc.

police are giant loving pussies and they try really, really hard to make everyone think they are in harms way all the time but the average rando is 2-3 times more likely to be shot dead than a cop, depending on the city

Democrats are just going to RAISE YOUR TAXES and SPE-

*looks through cards and frowns*

Who organized these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

he gets twitter

Nonsense posted:

whole foods in every town in america

i swear there's speculation amazon's gonna do that

• Locked thread