Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

awesmoe posted:

I loved infrastructure week

I prefer shark week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rookersh posted:

Not to agree with Trotsky, but pretty much.

Ossoff is doing near double digits in the Republican areas he wasn't supposed to win.

He's barely touching 1/2 in solid Dem lock districts.

He's losing because Dems didn't show up. He actually GOT across the aisle and energized Moderate voters. Doesn't matter if the base doesn't show up.

If the horror of Trump can't get Dem voters out to the polls. They just aren't going to vote unless there is a massively popular, charismatic candidate like Obama on a national ballot.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Dem voters that showed up for round one aren't bothering to show up for round two.

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/877314013641801728

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Maybe Dems want to vote for honest to goodness left-wing candidates?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Dem voters that showed up for round one aren't bothering to show up for round two.

Democracy is a failed experiment.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

This is why the nothing matters crowd pisses me off. They bitch that everything is poo poo, but when given an opportunity to change that, they make no initiative

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

prom candy posted:

Or maybe they couldn't be bothered to get out of the house? The fact that he managed to gain with moderates is actually a good thing. You can't appeal to your base alone.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

prom candy posted:

Then why didn't they vote for them in the primary?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Inb4 someobe says we're arzying/it is no big deal we can't win a R+8 seat and a wave is surely coming/we're all too negative and this thread should be a hugbox without "doomsayers."

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I'm just gonna start the paranoia now and assume this is voterigging in action

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Covok, shut the gently caress up.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

skeleton warrior posted:

The privilege of the American far left is that their defeats are everyone else's fault.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
With Ossoff's 7 point lead from last week evaporating I think it's time to take ballot machine rigging a little more seriously.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Covok posted:

Inb4 someobe says we're arzying/it is no big deal we can't win a R+8 seat and a wave is surely coming/we're all too negative and this thread should be a hugbox without "doomsayers."

Isn't there a suicide prevention line operator you should be bugging right now?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

rude

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think we should provide more infrastructure for sharks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Voters get the government they deserve. Ossoff is a mediocre candidate but he's LIGHT YEARS better than Handel. If you're a voter who doesn't realize and you stay home than you're an idiot.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Cheekio posted:

With Ossoff's 7 point lead from last week evaporating I think it's time to take ballot machine rigging a little more seriously.

Actually, I kinda think there is some rigging and hacking going on.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Madkal posted:

Or maybe they couldn't be bothered to get out of the house? The fact that he managed to gain with moderates is actually a good thing. You can't appeal to your base alone.

If a voter didn't bother to get out of the house, they deserve absolutely terrible government that aims to gently caress them over specifically. I mean, good lord.

And there's good news! That's the exact government we have.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dude you shook?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

mcmagic posted:

Voters get the government they deserve. Ossoff is a mediocre candidate but he's LIGHT YEARS better than Handel. If you're a voter who doesn't realize and you stay home than you're an idiot.

And this loving McMagic talking

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cheekio posted:

What caused him to lose the lead?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If you're a leftist and you can't bring yourself to vote for the moderate over the far-right lunatic when there are literally only two candidates then you're an idiot.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spacebump posted:

Negative posting ITT

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I don't like what's been happening in American politics.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

skeleton warrior posted:

what kind of nerd votes in a special election primary?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Spacebump posted:

That 7-point lead was one poll. Most others showed anywhere from a virtual tie to Ossoff +2--the current result's within margin of error. :shrug:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Spacebump posted:

Well, its a combination of 7 points being an outlier poll as well as the congressional shooting becoming the dominant narrative for the final week of the election

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Spacebump posted:

The shooting, like I predicted. Emboldened the Rs to turn-out. Guess it wasn't arzying to say that lost us all the special elections and doomed us to the AHCA.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Spacebump posted:

he was never ahead by 7 pts. there was one poll that said his margin with likely voters was +7, and a bunch of others that were well within the margin of error

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dick Trauma posted:

I don't like what's been happening in American politics.

Volunteer more or consider attempting to run for local office. (if time permits)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Dude you shook?

Nah, this is a sad setback but we still have a year and a half to gear up for the Big Day where everything will matter.

I just hate this thread. But I can't stay away.

Also Nate Silver has already told us to not freak out about this result either way it goes and I basically trust him 100% after November.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Willo567 posted:

This is why the nothing matters crowd pisses me off. They bitch that everything is poo poo, but when given an opportunity to change that, they make no initiative

So wait the nothing matters crowd consist of a majority of Democratic voters in GA-06? Do you have some data to back that up?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Spacebump posted:

GOP strategiests said the Scalise shooting would win them the election because one spree shooter who targeted GOP politicians means that all liberals are bloodthirsty monsters and also Trump said nice things to the shooting victims.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
trump?

BAD?!??

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
*furiously jams square peg into round hole for Nth time*

"loving Democrats won't turn out on command as they're supposed to like Republicans do! Why!? Why!?"

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 21, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

skylined! posted:

trump?

BAD?!??

Nah.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Spacebump posted:

It was an outlier. GA-06 is a white FYGM-as-hell area too and the reason Ossoff needed to win without a run-off is because GOP voters were going to consolidate around Handel, which is what is happening.

Also apparently people who turned out for Ossoff in the first election aren't voting again this time? If so those people are some next level stupid.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

If those Ossoff campaign emails are real, and Ossoff loses, he should line up his fundraising committee against the wall and shoot all of them in the loving head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Jon Osloff .. Jon Ofloss???!!! :tinfoil:

• Locked thread