Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

It didn't happen if we didn't see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

skeleton warrior posted:

1968: Democrats offer up leftist to "vast-majority of Americans desperate for let-wing policies", loses
1972: Democrats offer up biggest leftist they can find, lose by third biggest margin ever
1976: Democrats offer up centrist, win
1984: Democrats offer up leftist who promises to raise taxes on the rich, carry one state and D.C.
1988: Democrats offer up card-carrying member of ACLU, lose in landslide
1992: Democrats offer up centrist, win
1996: Democrats offer up centrist, win
2000: Democrats offer up centrist, win popular vote but lose electoral college
2004: Democrats offer up "most liberal member of the Senate", lose
2008: Democrats offer up centrist, win
2012: Democrats offer up centrist, win
2016: Democrats offer up centrist, win popular vote but lose electoral college

2017: idiot on the internet insists there's a majority-liberal voting bloc that can deliver victory, if only we chase it

Millennials really failed the leftist voting block in the 80s.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Willo567 posted:

If I could side track for a bit, how do people in the thread deal with the poo poo show of a government we have now

Seriously, I can't get over it. It eats at my mind for most of the day, and I'm not sure if I can take it anymore

I work on my hobbies, go for walks, focus on eating right, and work at local charities and protest organizations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Covok posted:

Oh please, Nate ain't a trusted source on poo poo anymore since Nov 9th.
you mean since that time he gave trump one of the highest % chances of victory of any numbers joint and ratcheted up that number in the last few days of the election, and even accurately predicted the election result in a 'there are four outcomes here' way

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Willo567 posted:

If I could side track for a bit, how do people in the thread deal with the poo poo show of a government we have now

Seriously, I can't get over it. It eats at my mind for most of the day, and I'm not sure if I can take it anymore

Unhealthy amounts of alcohol.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Covok posted:

He was predicting a 70% chance of a Hillary win when every other statistician out there had it as 95%+. He's within his margin of error.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

If you want to argue that the guy who introduced the Civil Rights plank into the 1948 Democratic National Convention that caused the Dixiecrats to walk out, the guy who shepherded the 1964 Civil Rights Act through Congress, and the guy who was seen as the leader of the liberals in Congress throughout the late '50's and early '60's wasn't liberal, go ahead.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Covok posted:

What the hell are you on? Nate was about the only poll aggregator saying that Trump still had a decent chance to win. Do you not remember Princeton's polls guru eating a bug because he lost that particular bet?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Covok posted:

The most Covok post possible. Nate Silver is trustworthy because of the presidential election. He was the only one to suggest it wasn't in the bag for Hillary.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/stat...6pagenumber%3D7

Dafte
Jul 21, 2001

Techno. Logical. Pimp.
Shook Nate tried to warn everyone but all we did was Post the Map.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol the DNC should have put money into SC instead jesus christ

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Willo567 posted:

i started going to therapy in november. it's been good. i hardly talk to her about politics anymore. honestly, the gbs lol trump thread helps me a lot.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

ThePeavstenator posted:

The most Covok post possible. Nate Silver is trustworthy because of the presidential election. He was the only one to suggest it wasn't in the bag for Hillary.

He also called that there was a very real possibility that Hillary win the popular vote but lose the EV.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

pumpinglemma posted:

Why has this thread already descended into eating itself over Ossoff's inevitable and predictable loss when as of a few minutes ago Nate Silver is saying "I’m totally up in the air on this one right now and have no idea who will win"?

Because thats the tone he takes as the commentary gets closer to the actual vote.

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe
WAHH A DEMOCRAT LOST IN THE SOUTH WAHH

just kill yourself everyone in this thread I hate you loving all

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

HannibalBarca posted:

Ossoff had so much loving money he literally spent all of it on everything. No part of the Ossoff campaign was hurting for cash. the problem is that a big, visible D campaign in a district like this actually activates so many marginal/resentful R voters as to make it counterproductive at worst or only slightly useful at best.

Dems should distribute pamphlets in independent bookstores and campaign through hushed whispers and frightened side-eye glances. If nobody knows they're bothering then they're sure to win.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Willo567 posted:

I'm a government contractor and I work for a financial regulatory agency. I'm anxiously awaiting my contract to get axed and to be unemployed and shooting up heroin this time next year.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

Rude.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FizFashizzle posted:

lol the DNC should have put money into SC instead jesus christ

Going by the numbers, SC was close BECAUSE Dems didn't put money into it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just got my AHCA mailer, my organs get shipped to four coal miners in West Virginia on Friday. How about you guys?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

i started going to therapy in november. it's been good. i hardly talk to her about politics anymore. honestly, the gbs lol trump thread helps me a lot.

I had my first appointment the day after the election. It was extremely difficult.

Not sure I'm doing all that much better to be honest though :smith:

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

I give zero fucks. What are you going to loving do about it you pisscrybaby

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Dafte posted:

Shook Nate tried to warn everyone but all we did was Post the Map.

So what's the enlightened D&D revisionist history about the 2016 election thread? Was the nonstop POST YOUR MAP spams in response to anything not agreeing to a dominant Hillary election really a ironic acknowledgement that Trump was actually going to win and D&D knew all along what was going to happen?

I can't wait to see what the 2020 election thread version of POST YOUR MAP is going to be.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Aves Maria! posted:

No, you're being relatively rational.

God help us all.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
haha ossof is going to lose by like 20 points.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Please put Covok on ignore everyone. I have not seen anything from the posts of his you guys have quoted in the past page or two to make me want to unignore him, and I ask you, implore you, to question why you have not already ignored him as well.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Fulchrum posted:

Going by the numbers, SC was close BECAUSE Dems didn't put money into it.

this is the story being touted or pondered currently, yea

DNC needs to figure out how to recreate itself as the outsider in a lot of areas. ga06 probably not one of them, but large swaths of the country want an alternative.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

axeil posted:

I had my first appointment the day after the election. It was extremely difficult.

Not sure I'm doing all that much better to be honest though :smith:

It's a slow process but take it from me, you'll get there. :unsmith:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Whoo boy, and people wonder why we're calling while Nate "70% Hill victory" Silver is still shook and confused going "it's 50/50."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

I give zero fucks. What are you going to loving do about it you pisscrybaby

Say you're rude?

Rude.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

whose throwaway are you, who just had to scream those magic words :allears:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Covok posted:

Whoo boy, and people wonder why we're calling while Nate "70% Hill victory" Silver is still shook and confused going "it's 50/50."

how are you this stupid

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/statu...6pagenumber%3D8

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Covok posted:

You are the guy that flips cards at the blackjack table and roasts people for not hitting on 19 when it turns out there was a 2 on top.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

So what's the enlightened D&D revisionist history about the 2016 election thread? Was the nonstop POST YOUR MAP spams in response to anything not agreeing to a dominant Hillary election really a ironic acknowledgement that Trump was actually going to win and D&D knew all along what was going to happen?

I can't wait to see what the 2020 election thread version of POST YOUR MAP is going to be.

No? It was months of ongoing argument about why Hillary lost. Like normal people do when they get stunned by something completely unexpected.

Meanwhile the shitheads who predicted the worst without a shred of evidence felt emboldened that there incessant doomsaying paid off that one time

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

post your fake bank account statement again

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe
You people aren't worth saving.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'm excited for four years of this thread saying "well actually it's great that the margin of republican victory was what it is because that means is 2% less than last time. We'll get 'em next time!"

Or more boar chat. That was unironically fun :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Just proves all the "stop your arzying" lines were just people who don't want to hear the truth. Nothing has changed in that regard.

• Locked thread