Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

its depressing as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
2 weeks off? what a slacker.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Athletic Footjob posted:

2 weeks off? what a slacker.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol forever at this

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

lunch is literally the most important part of my day. lol at skipping a meal for work.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

That's why she has a perforated septum.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

mishaq posted:

google should buy an island nation and put all the computer touchers there

weren't they talking about buying a cruise ship and anchoring it off the SF coast and shuttling their nerds in on tinder boats?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i think they're called tender boats but i like where you're going with your version

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

a conflagration of tinder uber and international waters is terrifying

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

weren't they talking about buying a cruise ship and anchoring it off the SF coast and shuttling their nerds in on tinder boats?

100% of their tinder matches are company-subsidized prostitutes, who take company scrip

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i am really really curious about what analysis and evidence the ofcc has on google. they made some very strong claims and i really want to know what sort of methodology they used. i don't really get how they can publish a conclusion like that without giving out the data too, which ought to be damning and explosive.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Blue Train posted:

Ads are always the answer

pro tip terrorist seo: just run a fox news ticker on the bottom third of your vids

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

*fiverr exec voice* can you make her more disheveled, but like, in a hot way

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

poty posted:

pro tip terrorist seo: just run a fox news ticker on the bottom third of your vids

oh god no you'll just turn them into a different kind of terrorist

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
You can use Google to search for jobs now:

https://blog.google/products/search/connecting-more-americans-jobs/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QrRsw0p6Bg

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
google i am looking for a job testing amazing glasses

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
poty

why

ufarn
May 30, 2009
make as much fun of google as you want, but i just found out they're hiring a frontend dev through the site

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

can't wait until people realize that css layouts are easy now and you don't need a 9 megabyte framework to position some text and form elements on a screen

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

qirex posted:

can't wait until people realize that css layouts are easy now and you don't need a 9 megabyte framework to position some text and form elements on a screen

hmm nah, it was impossible to do anything more than plain text until we started including an entire cd's worth of javascript on each page load

ufarn
May 30, 2009
js frameworks were invented to create the package.json equivalent of a compile break

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

lol if they werent always easy for you just lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

lol if they werent always easy for you just lol

words of someone who never had to support internet explorer versions 6-9 [nice]

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

loving tw

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

qirex posted:

dont trigger me :synpa:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

at my last job the dev manager ordered a cake for the day they were able to sunset IE 6 and 7

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

nah, my company used quirks mode (ie5.5) until 2014, and i wrote the css for several apps while being unable to touch the markup most of the time :shepicide:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i did some magic stuff but somewhere part of my soul died a little along the way

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Agile Vector posted:

i did some magic stuff but somewhere part of my soul died a little along the way

i don't think there is a smiley for nodding sympathetically towards someone when they have been nudged just a little closer to insanity in a cold and arbitrary way but :cheers:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

syscall girl posted:

i don't think there is a smiley for nodding sympathetically towards someone when they have been nudged just a little closer to insanity in a cold and arbitrary way but :cheers:

ill toast to that :guinness:

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Last Chance posted:

dont trigger me :synpa:

one time there was a bug that was only reproducible on some old as sin version of IE where you had to manually install the js debugger (if you could call it that) and i swear to god all it printed out was various sequences of question marks

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

FamDav posted:

one time there was a bug that was only reproducible on some old as sin version of IE where you had to manually install the js debugger (if you could call it that) and i swear to god all it printed out was various sequences of question marks

if you used any closures at all (I.e. wrote js instead of lovely java) the old ie js debugger would straight up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on any stack traces

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

someone has stolen your trees

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Sagebrush posted:

someone has stolen your trees

Nice!

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Remember how strict xml was going to be the future of the internet/web/everything, people would buy like four books on document type definitions

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pryor on Fire posted:

Remember how strict xml was going to be the future of the internet/web/everything, people would buy like four books on document type definitions

an ex of mine was in this cult and becoming an xml wizard

haha gently caress you deirdre you made so many poor choices, including dating me

owned

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

haha gently caress you deirdre you made so many poor choices, including dating me

owned

has there ever been a successful deirdre. all the ones i've known have been similar terrible

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

syscall girl posted:

owned
I don't know but I've been told
Deirdre's got a Network Node
Likes to press the on-off switch
Dig that crazy Gaian witch!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pryor on Fire posted:

Remember how strict xml was going to be the future of the internet/web/everything

yyyyep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mod saas posted:

has there ever been a successful deirdre. all the ones i've known have been similar terrible

there is one that produces a pretty popular cop show

every time i see her name i cringe

• Locked thread