Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Infinitum posted:

Pirate amiibos

Or as the kids like to call it 'Pull a Whatley'

LionArcher posted:

I just spent $30 to get all the Zelda amiibo "cards" with all the drops from an Etsy vendor, because I already bought like 8 of them and GameStop is sold out. :rms:

I refrain from speaking truth so my family may hopefully remain safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

KoB posted:

Use stasis and then the spin move with big weapons.

Yeah that's what I do against single dudes. Crowds don't work so well though, but that's what bombs are for.

And while they look cool I kind of expected more out of the Divine Beasts. I've done two and both of them have just been a piss easy approach followed by a few rooms with puzzles and a dead simple boss. Visually and conceptually they're real cool but for this game's big "dungeons" there's just not a lot there.

Also I was really hoping for some Shadow of the Colossus style enemy climbing or even Dragon's Dogma but so far there's been exactly one enemy that you can hop onto and that kinda blows.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Detective No. 27 posted:

Dark Souls came out on Switch instead of Skyrim in the Bernie got elected universe.

:thurman:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

LionArcher posted:

I just spent $30 to get all the Zelda amiibo "cards" with all the drops from an Etsy vendor, because I already bought like 8 of them and GameStop is sold out. :rms:

My friend, you had more cost effective options. http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/127307 (if you want to power up amiibos for Smash Bros)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My actual complaint about BotW is that I don't think Cryosis is versatile enough to be one of your four main powers.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ostentatious posted:

i would like to see daikatana on the switch

The Switch is not for bitch making.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
BotW is so good. I've done everything significant but the Ganon fight and I wish I had more to do. I hope they do as good a job with the next Zelda game.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

My actual complaint about BotW is that I don't think Cryosis is versatile enough to be one of your four main powers.

Yeah this, outside of a few shrines you'll maybe use it to lift a chest out of the water that you can't get with magnesis. You'd expect it to freeze enemies or something, but that's what stasis is for

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I re purchased breath of the wild for the switch and it's still extremely good!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/Snake_Pass/status/877249481351278592

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Meldonox posted:

BotW is so good. I've done everything significant but the Ganon fight and I wish I had more to do. I hope they do as good a job with the next Zelda game.

I'd like to see something akin to BotW but with lots of interface improvements, better dungeons, and cities expanded on more.

The cities we have are neat looking and I love the people in them but practically they're all just inns with one shop that sells a few food items and another shop that sells a few supplies and that's kinda it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

It's not DLC

https://twitter.com/Snake_Pass/status/877253853636415489

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

I'd like to see something akin to BotW but with lots of interface improvements, better dungeons, and cities expanded on more.

The cities we have are neat looking and I love the people in them but practically they're all just inns with one shop that sells a few food items and another shop that sells a few supplies and that's kinda it.

God, could you imagine a game where the cities each had as much going on in them as Clock Town? It would be amazing.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Snake Pass Kart Racer

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

THE loving MOON posted:

Yeah this, outside of a few shrines you'll maybe use it to lift a chest out of the water that you can't get with magnesis. You'd expect it to freeze enemies or something, but that's what stasis is for

I used it a lot to cross rivers so idk

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I bought Cave Story at GameStop. The cute extras make me feel less salty about paying $30 for it. It even came with a cool Balrog keychain that the dude from Binding of Isaac obviously designed.

I can't wait to amass a huge keychain that's mostly just extras from overpriced Switch games.:v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Probably an update. I think the Switch version is 720p even while docked, so they might get it to 1080p finally.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Probably an update. I think the Switch version is 720p even while docked, so they might get it to 1080p finally.

I mean, if so just come out and say thay poo poo.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Yodzilla posted:

I hope the next Zelda is the reverse and the whole game is just one giant city

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Spacebump posted:

My friend, you had more cost effective options. http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/127307 (if you want to power up amiibos for Smash Bros)

Does this also have the new amiibo built in? Also costs the same amount

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hope the next Zelda is a Tingle Dating Sim.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

I went to the Gerudo city last and it's the most elaborate and coolest, with actual stuff going on, secrets, etc. It's not super complex but if they were all on that level I'd like it.

The goron city was my biggest disappointment because I always liked the original and cities built into mountains in general, and this was just some dumb huts with fat-guy-john-candy-tuba music.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I did gerudo first and lemme tell you... I got the WRONG idea about the rest of the game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LionArcher posted:

Does this also have the new amiibo built in? Also costs the same amount

You just upload the amiibo data to it and make it which ever Amiibo you want.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish Splatoon 2 came out this month instead of ARMs.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Gerudo town was the best. Every side quest there is hilarious.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Tender Bender posted:

I went to the Gerudo city last and it's the most elaborate and coolest, with actual stuff going on, secrets, etc. It's not super complex but if they were all on that level I'd like it.

The goron city was my biggest disappointment because I always liked the original and cities built into mountains in general, and this was just some dumb huts with fat-guy-john-candy-tuba music.

Yeah the Goron continue to be the best but their city was basically some Flintstones knockoff crap. That song is hilarious though.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I mean, if so just come out and say thay poo poo.

GOTTA BUILD UP THE loving HYPE

Bitter fly
Sep 25, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Just plopped down some money on getting a Switch today at Gamestop, it comes with Arms and a really lovely looking game called "Has Been Heroes". Was going to get one from Amazon but they increased the price on me. Too bad I had to get a poo poo bundle, I wanted to get Mario Kart and Zelda BoTW :argh:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I did gerudo first and lemme tell you... I got the WRONG idea about the rest of the game.

Same

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I thought the enemies would always be able to one-shot me and the dungeon would always be very complex

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

the goron city music is so fuckin rad and it elevates the town to another level

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Bitter fly posted:

Just plopped down some money on getting a Switch today at Gamestop, it comes with Arms and a really lovely looking game called "Has Been Heroes". Was going to get one from Amazon but they increased the price on me. Too bad I had to get a poo poo bundle, I wanted to get Mario Kart and Zelda BoTW :argh:
Has Been Heroes has been fun for me so far. If you're into rogue likes and/or tower defense games that is

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

HyperPuma posted:

this is what i was getting at and i dunno why people got so upset. i try to be creative when i can but sometimes youre just face to face with a guy and it gets boring when they take forever to create an opening.

gonna start using stasis more though, but its kinda funny that the solution to the boring enemy ai is to just freeze them lol

It's cause your argument was real dumb, hth

i.e. instead of "waiting for an opening" in addition to the stasis options already mentioned, you could
- shoot them in the face with a variety of arrows,
- or use a wand to burn / freeze / shock them,
- or throw a bomb at them to blow them toward you / knock them on the ground to give you time to close the gap,
- or use a spear which has enough reach to get them,
- or use magnesis to pick something up and drop it on their head
- or just throw your weapon at them

the fact that you couldn't think of any of these options is not the game's fault

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

El Burbo posted:

I thought the enemies would always be able to one-shot me and the dungeon would always be very complex

Yeah, I was all "wow dark souls Zelda, hell yeah I'll do this boss 69 times" and "oh sweet, huge main town and big side quests before a really confusing and intricate beast"

Nooooooooooope

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Tender Bender posted:

Seems like there were definitely some time / budget constraints that were getting hit on the goron / bird people areas, things get less interesting the further north you go.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

raditts posted:

It's cause your argument was real dumb, hth

i.e. instead of "waiting for an opening" in addition to the stasis options already mentioned, you could
- shoot them in the face with a variety of arrows,
- or use a wand to burn / freeze / shock them,
- or throw a bomb at them to blow them toward you / knock them on the ground to give you time to close the gap,
- or use a spear which has enough reach to get them,
- or use magnesis to pick something up and drop it on their head
- or just throw your weapon at them

the fact that you couldn't think of any of these options is not the game's fault

settle down

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA3vEsXHMSI

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Naw he's right, that was really dumb hyper puma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo