Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I do not understand the thought process of NBA General Managers, time to never guess trade scenarios ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

R.D. Mangles posted:

congrats on the new plumlee

Look man he's not Dwight I'll take it

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Drunk Canuck posted:

I do not understand the thought process of NBA General Managers, time to never guess trade scenarios ever again.

Maybe it was a bad idea to fire your entire front office and replace them with Magic Johnson and Kobe''s agent

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Wilbon speculating on PTI that Gilbert is going to trade LeBron for pics so that he doesn't get left with nothing when he leaves next year! :psyduck:

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

So the plan was to give up Russell, the 2nd pick and the 27th Pick to get a player who has already said he wants to sign for you for free next year.

How loving dumb is Magic jesus christ

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

Wilbon speculating on PTI that Gilbert is going to trade LeBron for pics so that he doesn't get left with nothing when he leaves next year! :psyduck:

i love that these are the guys espn didn't lay off

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Shear Modulus posted:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

tanglewood1420 posted:

So the plan was to give up Russell, the 2nd pick and the 27th Pick to get a player who has already said he wants to sign for you for free next year.

He had to resign from the Lakers slightly over a year ago because he kept loving tampering on twitter

And then they brought him back

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol what could you possibly get in trade that would be worth it for fuckin' lebron

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Drunk Canuck posted:

Seriously. I imagine GMs fall into 3 categories:

1) the 10-15 GMs who have serious ADD and are constantly texting trying to make a deal to marginally improve, acquire never realized assets or create soon to be poorly used cap space.
2) The 7-10 GMS who don't do much but work on long term stuff and occasionally fleece the morons from category 1.
3) The 3-5 who don't have phones/live in Montana/chain smoke cigarettes.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol what could you possibly get in trade that would be worth it for fuckin' lebron

Kevin Durant the defending NBA finals MVP

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

R.D. Mangles posted:

-every draft pick ever until the heat death of the universe
-mason plumlee

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

R.D. Mangles posted:

code:
• second round pick (protected top 40 in 2011-12, unprotected in 2013) (2011 #54-Milan Macvan)
• Cavaliers option to swap 2012 first round picks (not exercised)
• 2012 second round pick (#34-Jae Crowder)
• first round pick (protected top 10 in 2013-14, unprotected in 2015) (2013 #30-Nemanja Nedovic)
• first round pick (2 years following the year in which Heat satisfies its obligation to convey a future first round draft pick to Cavaliers, protected top 10 in 2015-16, unprotected in 2017) (2016 #24-Timothe Luwawu / Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot)
• $14.5M trade exception

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

Well, Gilbert is petty and incompetent...so it's not impossible I guess?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

tanglewood1420 posted:

On the contrary I think we've only scratched the surface of how dumb GM Magic Johnson is

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Come on, Magic. You know you want to give up that 2 pick for PG.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Charlotte wins the trade by ditching the Plumlee

This is exactly how I feel about it.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

R.D. Mangles posted:

every other first round pick for at least a couple decades

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Maybe it was a bad idea to fire your entire front office and replace them with Magic Johnson and Kobe''s agent

I am wondering why Masai hasn't stolen away a good player from a dumb GM, yes.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
GM Magic is really the gift that keeps on giving. Between him and Bird and P-Jax it makes me wonder what players of today will be destroying the teams of the future

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/877343158161383427

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

BWV posted:

1) the 10-15 GMs who have serious ADD and are constantly texting trying to make a deal to marginally improve, acquire never realized assets or create soon to be poorly used cap space.
2) The 7-10 GMS who don't do much but work on long term stuff and occasionally fleece the morons from category 1.

4) Savvy pick hoarder who overplays his hand and it blows up in his face.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Punkin Spunkin posted:

GM Magic is really the gift that keeps on giving. Between him and Bird and P-Jax it makes me wonder what players of today will be destroying the teams of the future

GM Kobe is either going to be a complete disaster or the last image on a universe brain meme

Possibly both

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

loving Kings, do a million dumb things in a row and then finally do a smart thing when it blocks the Pacers :argh:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BWV posted:

4) only picks people vaguely connected to iowa state, possibly wearing a skin suit like the alien bug in men in black

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So it seems like nobody in the lottery wanted to straight up trade their pick for DeAngelo. Is he really worse than 5-10 of this draft?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eltoasto posted:

loving Kings, do a million dumb things in a row and then finally do a smart thing when it blocks the Pacers :argh:

Maybe Vlade is going to trade both picks for PG!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

BWV posted:

My refresh rate is getting up to Trump thread levels.

But now I want more. Someone give Vlade and Morey their cell phones back

Morey will trade. It's the fourth law of thermodynamics

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Seems like only yesterday they were convincing him to give up a franchise role in Dallas

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Tae posted:

So it seems like nobody in the lottery wanted to straight up trade their pick for DeAngelo. Is he really worse than 5-10 of this draft?

nah the others know magic johnson is a big time idiot

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Another poo poo tier GM enters the fray

Way to sell low on Jordan after you worked so hard to keep him from the Mavs Doc you dumb poo poo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

God bless this league

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Shoutout to tanglewood for reminding me to lurk Laker reddit.

poo poo delivers:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

It depends on whether they they were trying to include Deng/Mozgov in the deal

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

milk milk lemonade posted:

Another poo poo tier GM enters the fray

Way to sell low on Jordan after you worked so hard to keep him from the Mavs Doc you dumb poo poo
I mean...what? If he went to the Mavs he would have returned nothing. This is the apex of DeAndre's value.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Charlz Guybon posted:

... pics of wat

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Got a huge Lakers friend who won't shutup about Magic's fourth dimensional chess

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Imagine Gilbert trading LeBron to the Celtics lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Rasta_Al posted:

Got a huge Lakers friend who won't shutup about Magic's fourth dimensional chess
Ah yes, 4D chess where Magic is currently panicking, trying to move down in the draft because he realized he didn't have enough to trade for George

• Locked thread