Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Padams posted:

"We got so close in SC5 without spending much money by running someone from Goldman Sachs. Therefore, all of our candidates should be from Goldman Sachs going forward!" -that'll be the Democratic party's take from these results.

we'll see a crucial test of this in new jersey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

this seat was actually more competitive than either of those seats, dems just historically have run trash candidates with no money here in the past

this time they ran a trash candidate w/ lots of money

"It was actually more competitive," I insist, as a candidate with $30 million in support posts comparable numbers to the guy who begged for $40k.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
So have the failing democrats officially failed yet? I saw the SC race was called but not Georgia

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Not a Step posted:

"It was actually more competitive," I insist, as a candidate with $30 million in support posts comparable numbers to the guy who begged for $40k.

it's still really pathetic that thompson couldn't get the hilariously meager amount he requested

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Nastier Nate posted:

So have the failing democrats officially failed yet? I saw the SC race was called but not Georgia

it's pretty close to getting called

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Slightly hot take: The local dem parties from these rich as gently caress white suburbs aren't going to get more effective or run better candidates because that would require completely questioning the ideological bases of US suburban middle class culture and that's a lot less polite than just acting like politics is a polite gentlemen's agreement.

Agnosticnixie has issued a correction as of 02:49 on Jun 21, 2017

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

new jersey is bad dem central so it wont matter, murphy will still win because of christie stink.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Agnosticnixie posted:

Slightly hot take: The local dem parties from these rich as gently caress white suburbs aren't going to get more effective or run better candidates because that would require completely questioning the ideological bases of US suburban middle class culture and that's a lot less polite than just acting like politics is a polite gentlemen's agreement.

well, one solution might have been for a left candidate, any left candidate, to actually get recruited and run. as i mentioned before, if ossoff and a leftist had split their vote 50/50 in first round, it would be a dem v dem runoff

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Concerned Citizen posted:

nj dems could run a pothole from newark as a candidate and it would win by 40 points

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i remembered this a short time ago and it's still funny as gently caress

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

anime was right posted:

nj dems could run a pothole from newark as a candidate and it would win by 40 points

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/877343140344188928

thank god

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

i was afraid we'd have to close the suck zone thread

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm glad

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

anime was right posted:

Gonna hold on to this for when Kim Guadgno wins

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

This is good news...for Hillary!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the guy counting on mail in ballots should have endorsed bernies signature position: seven day mail service

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I like the fan fiction from the editor of Upworthy where the Democrats are the reasonable enlightened people who somehow hold no power and are essentially a fringe party

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
aww they closed the ossof thread

now where am i going to chuckle mildly about the guy in south carolina doing better

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The Muppets On PCP posted:

aww they closed the ossof thread

now where am i going to chuckle mildly about the guy in south carolina doing better

we are also the mild chuckle zone

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

i remembered this a short time ago and it's still funny as gently caress

I still lol over the story on how birds poo poo on Perez after a meet and greet event.

Bernie' bird friends are still very loyal to him.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/877301813992722432

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/877344225167364096

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

democratic organizer: gently caress our voters. please give us money, 4x match tonight only. gently caress you. money. please.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/854509844761649153

how could the democratic party lose??

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
hey centrists and leftists, both of your candidates suck now get outta my party and let us go full radical nilhilism

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/877344736947740672

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

hey centrists and leftists, both of your candidates suck now get outta my party and let us go full radical nilhilism

:yeah:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
voters will respond well to my candidate's message of "death is certain"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drat millennials and their being forced to try and survive in a horribly unjust economy where wealth and power is concentrated in the hands of a few

basically universal housing guarantee now

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

democrats suck rear end but lets stop reading daily caller headlines uncritically ok

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/theshrillest/status/877345139307433984

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/877314117480181762

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

*turns to chalkboard full of crossed out ideas e.g. "dangerous donald" "suburbs of philadelpha" "gently caress the rurals" etc. and mournfully crosses out "PANERA BREADS??"*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sojenus posted:

his money was so well spent though

for example multiple times i saw trucks with giant LCD screens displaying campaign logos doing nothing but driving up and down a major road

it's like yard signs were evolving and developing sentience

I loving love mobile advertisement's like that. I mean what's a better idea then driving a truck duringbumper to bumper traffic where everyone around you knows you shouldn't even need be there, except that some out of touch piece of poo poo who doesn't drive himself anywhere paid you to be there. Meanwhile everyone else is just trying to get home after a miserable day.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Sojenus posted:

his money was so well spent though

for example multiple times i saw trucks with giant LCD screens displaying campaign logos doing nothing but driving up and down a major road

it's like yard signs were evolving and developing sentience

I feel so bad for people living in that district.

This race doesn't even matter. It barely affects the ratio, and will happen again next year.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i'd prefer radical five-lism

only the raddest hi-fives, from coast to coast

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

The Nastier Nate posted:

Georgia was called the second it went to a two-way runoff between Ossof and a Republican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/877189201288192000

• Locked thread