Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Does a PS Plus auto renew count towards the spend 100 get 15 deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Can we make the next thread title "yes, ps+ counts towards the $100"?

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Snak posted:

Can we make the next thread title "yes, ps+ counts towards the $100"?

Bit late at this point.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It always kind of makes me laugh when one of those spend 100 get 15 deals pops up, because you guys are always so serious about it, and it's not like, even that great of a deal.

I'm not picking on you Elwood Cuse. There's always just so many people "Goons how should I spend $100 I wasn't planning on to get that sweet $15! :shepspends:"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

veni veni veni posted:

It always kind of makes me laugh when one of those spend 100 get 15 deals pops up, because you guys are always so serious about it, and it's not like, even that great of a deal.

I'm not picking on you Elwood Cuse. There's always just so many people "Goons how should I spend $100 I wasn't planning on to get that sweet $15! :shepspends:"

See: every sale ever.

But it is pretty good if you re-up your PS+ since that's most of the $100 right there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lobok posted:

See: every sale ever.

But it is pretty good if you re-up your PS+ since that's most of the $100 right there.

Yeah e3 every year we get plus discount and 100/15 on top of each other with a good sale so i usually say why not

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

veni veni veni posted:

if you were gonna buy stuff anyway free money is pretty good, although i understand many goons are still waiting for the last of us to go on sale on ps3 for sub two and a half dollars

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

I kind of hate the PS2 Hitman games but the demo of the new one is really impressive.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Guw posted:

I kind of hate the PS2 Hitman games but the demo of the new one is really impressive.

New Hitman is by the very definition a whole new beast and is better for it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Guw posted:

It's amazing . It's awesome they released the Paris mission for free, I probably logged 15-20 hours loving around in that mission alone lol. It (mostly, I never really came around on Colorado) only gets better after that

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Yeah I hated Hitman back in the day because it was clunky and awkward and took itself seriously but I gave the new one a shot last time it was on sale and its kinda great, although the over-arcing plot is still some super-serious spy nonsense.

The only level that feels kinda weak is Morocco, all the tight corridors separating the school and the embassy and the whole 'evil general planning to seize control of a ruined third world city' felt more reminiscent of an early-2000s military FPS than anything else, but the rest of the game more than makes up for that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nex machina is amazing!!!!!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

Nex machina is amazing!!!!!

Yuuuuuuuup.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Rad Valtar posted:

It's probably my favorite game of last year and one of my favorite ever. I thought the story would probably end with a wet fart like most games of this type but it really delivers.

How did you play Horizon Zero Dawn last year?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Very carefully

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The new Friday the 13th update added NES Jason with music and it's fantastic. I love this game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Policenaut posted:

The new Friday the 13th update added NES Jason with music and it's fantastic. I love this game.

Note: The music is not from the NES game and is a new composition. I was saddened by this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

It's awesome they released the Paris mission for free,

Apparently they didn't and it's just the training bit

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah it's just the boat with two missions.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Can I cancel a pre order on EU PSN without issues?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sefal posted:

Can I cancel a pre order on EU PSN without issues?

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/store---transactions/payments---refunds/playstation-store-cancellation-policy/

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...-a-pre-order-0/

Hope this helps out some.

Go to [Settings] > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Wallet] > [Transaction History]. And try and see if it lets you cancel or refund from there. I guess it also depends on whether you were charged as soon as you placed the preorder or not.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/store---transactions/payments---refunds/playstation-store-cancellation-policy/

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...-a-pre-order-0/

Hope this helps out some.

Go to [Settings] > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Wallet] > [Transaction History]. And try and see if it lets you cancel or refund from there. I guess it also depends on whether you were charged as soon as you placed the preorder or not.

Thank you!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That works fine, it's just a pain in the arse if you buy a lot of stuff and can't remember the date you preordered something on.

They don't make it easy for some reason....

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

Seems like a huge oversight on Sony's part that you have to void the warranty to get to the fan, when really the PS4 should probably be cleaned at least a few times a year.

I wonder how the pro fares in that regard. Mines still too new to open up.

I haven't tried it, but pretty sure, laying on its back, you can pop off the bottom panel of the PS4 Pro with some prying for fan cleaning - no screws or stickers involved. This shouldn't void the warranty.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 21, 2017

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

I haven't tried it, but pretty sure, laying on its back, you can pop off the bottom panel of the PS4 Pro with some prying for fan cleaning - no screws or stickers involved. This shouldn't void the warranty.

The fan for PSPro is accessible from the top "tier" of the console. You grasp it from the front right or left hand corner and the tiny brackets holding it together pop off.

Edit: The PS4 Slim works the same way in this regard.

Morby fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 21, 2017

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Seedge posted:

How did you play Horizon Zero Dawn last year?

Oops, the last year has been a blur so I somehow convinced myself that it came out late last year.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Morby posted:

The fan for PSPro is accessible from the top "tier" of the console. You grasp it from the front right or left hand corner and the tiny brackets holding it together pop off.

Edit: The PS4 Slim works the same way in this regard.

Ah, I see. Thanks for correcting me and explaining the process!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Rad Valtar posted:

Oops, the last year has been a blur so I somehow convinced myself that it came out late last year.

For some reason I thought it came in late 2016 too.

Horizon is the first game since :siren: Witcher 3 :siren: that I just can't put down.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Antti posted:

For some reason I thought it came in late 2016 too.

Horizon is the first game since :siren: Witcher 3 :siren: that I just can't put down.

I'm now stuck between playing HZD and replaying Witcher 3 (for the DLC).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dont replay witcher for dlc. Start a new char for it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I know, but I'm having fun. And I never went through completionist style.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
If I'm half way through Dragon Quest Heroes and haven't played it in months, is there any reason to finish it before starting DQH2?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

If I'm half way through Dragon Quest Heroes and haven't played it in months, is there any reason to finish it before starting DQH2?

Dqh2 is better in every way except not having yangus as a main.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bought a PS4 pro because I'm dumb enjoying it though. What games really show it off?

Also I must have the wort Samsung tv ever. It does HDR on its native apps but nothing else :/

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Horizon Zero Dawn is the marquee Pro title for 4k. Hear lots of good stuff about the Wipeout re-release also.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn are probably two of the prettiest games I've ever played

ufarn
May 30, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn is the marquee Pro title for 4k. Hear lots of good stuff about the Wipeout re-release also.
HDR in particular.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Wipeout Omega Collection is loving amazing, there's so much going on and it's so pretty.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't get PS4 to recognize hdr but either way I'll try all those thanks guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
If you have a launch/older PS4 you'll need a newer HDMI cable for HDR to work, it didn't work for me until I changed this.