Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

It's a complete loving joke. Why run for office if you don't even have any stated policy goals? Why pursue political power if you have no agenda? At least I can respect the ability of insane dipshits who ran on deporting all cucks to articulate an agenda no matter how stupid it might be. I'm disgusted at not only the dems lack of any values but also the fact we have gone from the party of the great society to.....what ever the gently caress this is

all he wanted was a career, basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

I mean Yeah the guy was a nationalist who murdered a million people, but he won, and also broke up the big companies while causing the Oligarchs to wail.

You forgot your citation and scare quotes.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope LBJ rises from the grave and body slams perez

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Venom Snake posted:

I hope LBJ rises from the grave and body slams perez

And then Sherman comes back and razes the North East.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

pyrotek posted:

Much like...

nobody will bother to learn anything from this

dem strategy is flawless

On the other hand, the Republican strategy of hauling the Pelosi boogy(wo)man out every time they get in trouble seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. Dems deserve this for having a leadership team dominated by octogenarians

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Venom Snake posted:

It's a complete loving joke. Why run for office if you don't even have any stated policy goals? Why pursue political power if you have no agenda? At least I can respect the ability of insane dipshits who ran on deporting all cucks to articulate an agenda no matter how stupid it might be. I'm disgusted at not only the dems lack of any values but also the fact we have gone from the party of the great society to.....what ever the gently caress this is

jon ossoff is an unaccomplished thirty something who caught fire for absolutely no particular reason other than just kind of showing up and getting daily kos to give him millions of dollars.

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Nonsense posted:

my god 2018 is going to be a disaster

I keep telling people...but they keep insisting that we're gonna swing back.

For the last time: hope is a lie and the bad guys always win.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

to get tens of millions of corporate and dnc backing requires you dont offend the donor class so you basically have no actual platform to run on to improve joe schmoe's life

also you usually need corporate and dnc backing to run as a democrat anywhere competitively

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
hope is good, and not a lie. you just have to believe.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Venom Snake posted:

it's possibly because of the new deal / great society poo poo that we're here with the democrats

they began seeing politics as not working to make things better for people, but rather governing the country and keeping a "calm hand" on things (while raking in more and more power and money for yourselves) and playing the whole decorum game

Oh Snapple! posted:

all he wanted was a career, basically

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

comedyblissoption posted:

to get tens of millions of corporate and dnc backing requires you dont offend the donor class so you basically have no actual platform to run on to improve joe schmoe's life

most of ossoff's money was actually from small donors, with an average gift of about $42

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Concerned Citizen posted:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well obviously all those millions aren't winning us very many races!!

I agree but it's getting harder every day

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

most of ossoff's money was actually from small donors, with an average gift of about $42
has the dnc figured out how to cut up a $2,700 check into 100 different pieces yet to bring their average down to $27/donation

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

The clintons have been destroying the Democratic Party for decades now

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

has the dnc figured out how to cut up a $2,700 check into 100 different pieces yet to bring their average down to $27/donation

hundreds of thousands of people donated to ossoff's campaign, it was the most successful small dollar fundraising in congressional history

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

Well obviously all those millions aren't winning us very many races!!
the democrats would rather have first class seats on the titanic rather than actually win with progressive policy positions

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

hundreds of thousands of people donated to ossoff's campaign, it was the most successful small dollar fundraising in congressional history
how many of these donations were 4x matched

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

well, for certain definitions of 'successful',

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

the democrats would rather have first class seats on the titanic rather than actually win with progressive policy positions

its because they think money functions as a flotation device

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

THE SPIRIT OF JIM MESSINA HAS ENTERED YOUR THREAD! ADOPT ACTUAL POLICY POSITIONS OR PAY ME 500,000 AND LOSE YOUR CAMPAIGN!

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the other democrat that nobody supported or even knew about actually did exceptionally better in the other republican suburb district

A narrow loss is still a loss. That's one more vote in congress for loving the working class right up their coal chutes.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Venom Snake posted:

I agree but it's getting harder every day

well pants making GBS threads isn't gonna get you anywhere, onward and upward. sucks about ossoff, but there's important races this year in virginia, and that's what i'm focusing on now. i desperately want danica roem to win against bob marshall.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

ask not what your wonk can do for you, but what you can do for your wonk

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

I wish she ran on this tbqh

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Hope in the short-term is pretty lol, long-term it'll work out w/e imo. god bless

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

the dems' central campaign ideology is that the best and brightest ought to be in charge

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

sure ossoff may have lost, but think of all those strungling campaign advisors who can afford a third beachouse

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

I wish she ran on this tbqh

saying trumped up trickle down economics was the most substantive part of her campaign

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the dems shouldve led harder with their values as tom perez would say

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I'm Going To Become A Republican

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Homeless Friend posted:

Hope in the short-term is pretty lol, long-term it'll work out w/e imo. god bless

:hai:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

the dems' central campaign ideology is that the best and brightest ought to be in charge

Then maybe they should start running people who are more politically aware and motivated than coma patients

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

quote:

My eyes are literally bloodshot red from crying for the last hour, and I just threw up from the stress. I can't believe we lost again. The president sexually assaults people, the Republican in Montana bodyslams people, and this bitch in Georgia refuses to let women with breast cancer get treatment. And the worst part is people still vote for them! It's happening. We are in 1930s Nazi Germany. We must resist

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Haha JK but seriously just checking into the suck zone to say lmao

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the other democrat that nobody supported or even knew about actually did exceptionally better in the other republican suburb district

he probably did better precisely because no one knew about the race, or turned out to vote in it. dems are more enthusiastic to turn out to vote right now, they'll go vote in state house races in big numbers, but there's still more republicans in these areas that will win the race if they're motivated to go out and vote.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

her campaign slogan shouldve been "dont take a trump on america"

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

imagine not understanding why you keep losing to this lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Terror Sweat posted:

The clintons have been destroying the Democratic Party for decades now

The Clintons end up ruining everything they purport to love. Just ask Haiti how its worked out for them

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/05/clinton-foundation-haiti-117368

• Locked thread