Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Will Gonski 2.0 destroy capitalism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Nothing will destroy capitalism because everyone has a #personalbrand now and they think when they post a sad story on facebook that people will actually give a gently caress about them as an individual rather than simply let them die face down and stomp on their head to get a loaf of bread.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts., the living soul has outlined his priorities on education.
https://twitter.com/joshgnosis/status/877341432616427520

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Birdstrike posted:

lmao PAYG says no bitch

Yeah I know... it's just my personal dream because I hate government.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Why does Pauline hate Autistic Children?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Why does Pauline hate Autistic Children?

She read your posts.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

She read your posts.

mods

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe

GoldStandardConure posted:

i grew up in the desert, you merely adopted it!
bitch i come from the tribe of judah

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe
Fascinating.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 22, 2017

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ONE Nation leader Senator Pauline Hanson announced this morning that her party will back the Federal Government’s $18.6 billion school funding package.

But she also said “we need to get rid of” autistic children from mainstream classrooms, arguing teachers had to spend too much time with them at the expense of other students’ education.

She said parents and teachers had raised the issue with her of children with disabilities or autism in mainstream classrooms.

“These kids have a right to an education by all means, but if there’s a number of them these children should actually go into a special classroom, looked after and given that special attention,” she said in the Senate this morning.

“Most of the time the teacher spends so much time on them they forget about the child who wants to go ahead in leaps and bounds in their education, but are held back by those.

“It’s no good saying we have to allow these kids to feel good about themselves and we don’t want to upset them and make them feel hurt.

“We have to be realistic at times and consider the impact that is having on other children in the classroom.

“We need to get rid of those people because you want everyone to feel good about themselves.”

She said it was difficult for One Nation to come to the position of supporting the $18.6 billion in extra funding for schools.

“I hope this will improve our educational standards if it is addressed in the classroom,” Senator Hanson said.

She criticised Labor for not supporting the bill, as the Opposition wants a further $22 billion to match the original Gonski funding proposed by the Gillard Government.

“I think it’s a good start, $18.6 billion. That’s a start, why can’t you work with the government with regards to this and then build on that,” she said.

“Stop opposing things just because you’re on the opposition. It’s about working together for the future of this nation. I just get so frustrated with the whole lot of you.”

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe
Nope.

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe
i know goons have a kneejerk reaction to political violence but can someone please honestly explain to me why killing pauline hanson would be a bad thing for australia and humanity

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tithin posted:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...dfa0d7648fc6180

Pauline Hanson can gently caress right off a cliff into a ravine and take Queensland with her
Agreed. How dare she attack vulnerable students like that.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Because punching Nazis is bad. You've got to contain them in small facebook pages and mock them endlessly online instead.

Then they burn out because they are not getting the positive reactions they wanted.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

ziggurat posted:

i know goons have a kneejerk reaction to political violence but can someone please honestly explain to me why killing pauline hanson would be a bad thing for australia and humanity

Have you ever heard the saying "Silence is tacit approval" etc.

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe
watch this space, friends

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Godspeed, Ziggurat.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Exclusion doesn't help children. This whole separate classrooms bollocks leads to depression. I remember in primary school in the 90s they had a special class for ADHD kids and quite a few of them had killed themselves by high school from depression.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ziggurat posted:

when i say this in american threads i get banned

you're lucky that ASIO is incompetent.

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe
Ha ha ha!!! I'm using the Internet!!1!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Anidav posted:

Exclusion doesn't help children. This whole separate classrooms bollocks leads to depression. I remember in primary school in the 90s they had a special class for ADHD kids and quite a few of them had killed themselves by high school from depression.

yes but I don't think you understand how terrible it is that normies have to be exposed to their inferiors

should probably take their citizenship away from them at the same time

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe
i'd like to kill turnbull too, mostly because i'm pretty sure that inside he has no blood but is just a solid mass of devon devoid of soul, bones or (recognisable) organs

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Your K:D ratio is going to be bad if you solely target the top of the leaderboard.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
killing doesn't fix anything

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe
what if we mashed their weird pink corpses up into food for the critically endangered northern quoll

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bowmore posted:

what if you kill literally everybody

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe

JBP posted:

except for the critically endangered northern quoll

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bowmore posted:

Change from within

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
She is right that some children have specific needs which can result in teachers spending a disproportionate amount of time with them, at the the expense of other students.

The solution is obviously not segregation, but to employ more ES staff to take the load off individual classroom teachers.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I have two autistic kids. One high functioning, one low. The high functioning child goes to a regular school with the highest level of funding.

He told his speech therapist he felt sad at school and she figured out with him that it was because of loneliness (he didn't know the concept /word) .

The other kids won't play with him except to make him the butt of jokes or to try and get him into trouble.

Last year one of those kids told him that his brain was broken. That's not something a child knows.

Pauline Hanson can go gently caress herself with a rusty rake. Autistic kids have a hard enough time as it is with out removing them from their peers.

poo poo breaks my damned heart. They're good kids with great natures. They don't deserve this poo poo.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It would be nice to protect the quoll...

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

JBP posted:

We could at least do some modelling.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Please don't tell me One Nation did a backroom deal to remove autistic kids from classrooms for senate votes

what kind of rear end in a top hat parents gave Pauline Hanson that idea?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ziggurat posted:

All the paranoid fucksticks she appeals to would suddenly feel justified because yes, they are out to get you, just like are Pauline :rip:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Anidav posted:

Australians

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Please don't tell me One Nation did a backroom deal to remove autistic kids from classrooms for senate votes

She probably read it on Breitbart or something

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Like any teacher worth their weight is fully trained for all kinds of kids and alot of schools offer kids who need it assistant teachers who accompany kids in vital classrooms like maths ect. Bigger classrooms have sub teachers who assist the main teacher too and I hear classrooms have iPads and Laptops these days so whatever teachers are telling Pauline Hanson to kick autistic kids out of classrooms is in the wrong profession.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
well wouldn't having all the autistic kids in one place mean improved herd immunity among them?

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe
sorry i just really loving hate pauline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Anidav posted:

Like any teacher worth their weight is fully trained for all kinds of kids and alot of schools offer kids who need it assistant teachers who accompany kids in vital classrooms like maths ect. Bigger classrooms have sub teachers who assist the main teacher too and I hear classrooms have iPads and Laptops these days so whatever teachers are telling Pauline Hanson to kick autistic kids out of classrooms is in the wrong profession.

Teachers are absolutely not given the appropriate resources or training to manage classes with diverse learning requirements

• Locked thread