Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

COME BACK!!

FIGHT TOGETHER!! (at each other)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

Dems gunna run a far left joke candidate as a sacrifice in 2020 and said joke will end up winning ala Corbyn. It is so.

Dennis Kucinich going to be the best president.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

At this point the idea of a piss tape is so normalized I think it's going to lose all of its punch, and all the CHUDs will get way into water sports.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

i heer you jeet

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tom perez strengths
+ sweating
+ swearing

tom perez weaknesses
- looks kind of weird
- nobody likes him

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

mods, could we change the thread title to "SUK ZONE: it's time for gulags?"

tia, god bless

FTFY.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

tom perez strengths
+ sweating
+ swearing

tom perez weaknesses
- looks kind of weird
- nobody likes him

Tom Perez looks like he's suffering from a chronic parasite, which is appropriate because he's sucking all the life out of the loving party.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Uhh excuse me, Joe Manchin disagrees.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Vox Nihili posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/neoliberal/comments/6ihf3d/jon_ossoff_campaign_intern_here_to_answer/

Hi r/neoliberal, I've been working for Jon Ossoff's campaign for a few months and have been supporting him since January. I noticed in the post that made it to the top of r/all that many people had questions about his campaign and viewpoints, so I'm here to answer whatever questions I can.
Disclaimer: This post does not speak on behalf of Jon Ossoff for Congress and is not endorsed by Jon Ossoff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/neoliberal/comments/6ihf3d/jon_ossoff_campaign_intern_here_to_answer/dj6u0ff/

quote:

1) Why did Jon lose? Answer: I don't know. :words: words :words:

3) What can we do better? Answer: We can learn from our mistakes. In 2016, we chose Hillary instead of Bernie, and maybe that was a fatal mistake. We learned from that, and took as much from the Bernie campaign as we could and applied it to Ossoff's campaign. We lost again, and the best thing we can do is learn from this loss. We know what worked, and we know what didn't work, and we will take this knowledge and apply it to races in 2018, which we will hopefully win. If not, 2020, 2022, 2024, 2026, you get the gist. Though we may have lost the battle, the war is far from over.

Why did we lose? I duno!
What can we do better? We did Bernie stuff and lost, but we learned what we did wrong to lose! *but I still don't know why we lost how could that happen???? :confused:

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

am I being a kook if I start to suspect at this point the Democrats are just using and will keep using these overfunded loser centrists to launder money for themselves as they see their party dying and need to cash out while they still can?

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
I mean, it feels like grifting from the perennial loser party through consultants and poo poo is an inherent party of opposition politics in hard blue/hard red states so I'm not sure we can really blame the dems specifically rather than the system as a whole. But of course the party of the people should kind of be held to a higher standard so roast away.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Robotnik Nudes posted:

am I being a kook if I start to suspect at this point the Democrats are just using and will keep using these overfunded loser centrists to launder money for themselves as they see their party dying and need to cash out while they still can?
that's actually a pretty solid guess at what's happening

especially since they made goldman sachs people superdelegates :holymoley:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Lastgirl posted:

COME BACK!!

FIGHT TOGETHER!! (at each other)

Homeless Friend posted:

ThndrShk2k posted:

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

[/quote]

chairmans cummies

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

i'm the incredibly serious lanyards who analyzes What Doesn't Work, and, furthermore, What Does Work

instead of going "what will be best for the people we represent? how can we improve lives for people?"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

I'm going to guess that with the exception of GA, all of those Dem candidates were progressives?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm going to guess that with the exception of GA, all of those Dem candidates were progressives?

you know the answer to that one already

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

No, the South Carolina guy was literally an ex-Goldman Sachs person.

The main things they all shared were 1) getting little or no support from the DNC and 2) not being Dem machine (vat-raised) candidates.

If the Dems had spread their money out to all of the races there's a good chance they would have won at least one, IMO. Instead they gave 99% to golden fuccboi ossoff.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 08:44 on Jun 21, 2017

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ThndrShk2k posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/neoliberal/comments/6ihf3d/jon_ossoff_campaign_intern_here_to_answer/dj6u0ff/

Why did we lose? I duno!
What can we do better? We did Bernie stuff and lost, but we learned what we did wrong to lose! *but I still don't know why we lost how could that happen???? :confused:

he's just some intern

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Nanomashoes posted:

You're supposed to put yard signs in your yard you imbecile. You loving moron. This is why Quist lost.

i can't, it's against the law in mt to keep your signs up after the election

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Vox Nihili posted:

If the Dems had spread their money out to all of the races there's a good chance they would have won at least one, IMO.

the only one that was close enough for dccc to be decisive was parnell, and i am pretty certain the only reason it was close is that no one was paying attention to it given the insanely low turnout. they still would have lost all of them.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I just got around to reaching Archie Parnell's campaign site, and yeah, the Goldman Sachs guy is actually more progressive than fuccboi ossoff

his #1 campaign issue is raising taxes on multinational corporations, for example

he also says stuff like this "Archie will stand up to the unfair lending practices that can turn a $50 loan into thousands of dollars of debt and bankruptcy, a system that particularly affects the men and women of the armed services and their families, and will fight against criminals in the banking industry who undermine our financial system in the pursuit of trillion-dollar profits."

lol.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

the only one that was close enough for dccc to be decisive was parnell, and i am pretty certain the only reason it was close is that no one was paying attention to it given the insanely low turnout. they still would have lost all of them.

putting all your eggs in one basket is an immensely stupid strategy regardless of how things ultimately shook out--looking at the fundamentals the georgia district was only slightly more competitive than the south carolina race. not sure how they missed/ignored that

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Vox Nihili posted:

putting all your eggs in one basket is an immensely stupid strategy regardless of how things ultimately shook out--looking at the fundamentals the georgia district was only slightly more competitive than the south carolina race. not sure how they missed/ignored that

well remember, the dccc wasn't excited about competing in any of the special elections in the first place. they got involved with ossoff after the netroots started raising insane amounts of money from him, and they got polling showing it was competitive. there was an enormous amount of grassroots energy around ossoff and the dccc decided to take advantage of that. it still took like a month for dccc to decide they wanted to get into ga-06, though.

without sitting on partisanship data from each district it's hard to say how competitive sc-05 really was vs. ga-06, obviously dnc has a lot more granular data for trying to sort that out that i just don't have (certainly more accurate than PVI). but i do think the dccc really over-invested in the race - at some point you hit diminishing returns on your spending. that doesn't mean that money should have gone to the other specials, given the enormous fundraising burden facing the party for the midterms ossoff might have cost us funding for one or two additional red-to-blue targets.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
probably the best candidate you can argue deserved extra dccc funding was quist, given that he had a pretty strong fundraising machine himself (raised $6m, mostly in small dollar donations) and had a plausible path to victory. but quist had a ton of tax problems, his campaign was a trainwreck, the candidate himself was just not very bright (which is why he somehow managed to lose all the newspaper endorsements including the loving missoulian), and frankly he seemed more interested in having a lot of rallies to sell his CDs at than actually winning. combine that with some not-so-hot polling and it's not hard to see why they didn't really want to go in.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

well remember, the dccc wasn't excited about competing in any of the special elections in the first place. they got involved with ossoff after the netroots started raising insane amounts of money from him, and they got polling showing it was competitive. there was an enormous amount of grassroots energy around ossoff and the dccc decided to take advantage of that. it still took like a month for dccc to decide they wanted to get into ga-06, though.

without sitting on partisanship data from each district it's hard to say how competitive sc-05 really was vs. ga-06, obviously dnc has a lot more granular data for trying to sort that out that i just don't have (certainly more accurate than PVI). but i do think the dccc really over-invested in the race - at some point you hit diminishing returns on your spending. that doesn't mean that money should have gone to the other specials, given the enormous fundraising burden facing the party for the midterms ossoff might have cost us funding for one or two additional red-to-blue targets.

The DCCC doesn't know how to win. It hasn't won in nine loving years. Just close it down.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Crowsbeak posted:

The DCCC doesn't know how to win. It hasn't won in nine loving years. Just close it down.

it just needs new leadership, and i volunteer

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Subcomandante Marcos should run the DCCC.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i cant believe there is a neoliberal reddit

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
no poll or consulting agency on earth would have predicted the republicans were going to win jack poo poo by running trump. sometimes, sometimes, the public wants to be told what needs to be done, because they don't actually know poo poo. they want leaders, who can say "the problem is x, the solution is y, and im going to do z". instead they're delivered some feckless troglodyte who blinks cautiously at the sun and loud noises while repeating whatever talking points some half baked analytics outfit derived from reading cracks in tortoise shells

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
did u know: the dnc analytics team predicted hillary could lose michigan all the way back in june of 2016, but the clinton team ignored it in favor of their rosier predictions

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
clinton failed to do a lot of things

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

did u know: the dnc analytics team predicted hillary could lose michigan all the way back in june of 2016, but the clinton team ignored it in favor of their rosier predictions

Has this story made the news? What's your source?

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Robotnik Nudes posted:

This is exactly what's happening. The consultants get paid no matter what.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Ditch the college stuff and focus on single-payer healthcare. Working class people already know how to get free college. Come on, democrats.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Ditch the college stuff and focus on single-payer healthcare. Working class people already know how to get free college. Come on, democrats.

what?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
G 👏 I 👏 Bill

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

jBrereton posted:

G 👏 I 👏 Bill

lol

service guarantees education

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Vox Nihili posted:

Has this story made the news? What's your source?

after clinton's whole "slam the dnc for being useless" thing happened, one of the dnc people got angry on twitter and tweeted out a whole bunch of stuff like:

• Locked thread