Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Good news for Roma fans around here, they have signed some Mexican so both ESPN and Fox Sports in the north part of Latin America will fight each other to broadcast each and every Roma match no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I mean, if Spaletti wanted to leave it would make sense.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Robviously posted:

Nope, I'm a born Juve plastic. Grew up watching Juve, pissed my Inter fan of a dad off for it, etc etc.

I feel like I agree with a lot of people in that I'm not really sure what to think. I don't quite if they really even needed to make this move.

Oh poo poo, sorry, heh.

Simone Poodoin posted:

Good news for Roma fans around here, they have signed some Mexican so both ESPN and Fox Sports in the north part of Latin America will fight each other to broadcast each and every Roma match no matter what.

Nice.

Soulex posted:

I mean, if Spaletti wanted to leave it would make sense.

Yeah I mean this is the underlying issue, I'm just not sure how they arrived at Di Francesco. I guess it helps that he played there for a longish time.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Who did you think it would be? Mancini before he did Russia?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Milan wants Kalinic, Fiorentina asking 30m; Milan offering 25m and one of various players: Paletta, Lapadula, Niang to make up the difference.

Fiorentina answered "if you include any of those, we want 35m".

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lapadula is good :colbert:

The others yeah, lol

Soulex posted:

Who did you think it would be? Mancini before he did Russia?

Actually, yes! Maybe even Capello. They could've held out for Lippi since he's probably about to get canned as well.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Is Adolfo Sormani like an actual manager? I'm assuming not because he's apparently about to take a job in the Danish second tier.
I'm just trying to figure out why, because there is very little money there.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

Milan wants Kalinic, Fiorentina asking 30m; Milan offering 25m and one of various players: Paletta, Lapadula, Niang to make up the difference.

Fiorentina answered "if you include any of those, we want 35m".

Hahahaha

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MrBling posted:

Is Adolfo Sormani like an actual manager? I'm assuming not because he's apparently about to take a job in the Danish second tier.
I'm just trying to figure out why, because there is very little money there.

I have no idea who he is and looking him up he most recently managed some team in the Albanian first division sooooo I would say it's because it's a job.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Abbiati has rejoined Milan as the "Club Manager" which is apparently the liaison between the team and the club hierarchy, which is cool. I'm glad he's back.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I just saw that Bernardeschi is on the U-21 Euros squad and got really confused, I forgot that you only have to be 21 at the start of the tournament cycle to be eligible.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/footballitalia/status/875376487872049152

:sad:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Didn't he talk about he loved Milan, Milan forever etc. like a week ago?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Didn't he talk about he loved Milan, Milan forever etc. like a week ago?

Eh, he said he wanted to stay, not much more flowery than that.

Incredibly disappointing. I hope we get a mountain of money out of this.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Raiola is gonna get the most money out of this lmao

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol people are already calling him Dollaruma

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Raiola is also meeting with Juve today to wrap up Kean's first professional contract, that will surely be some shady rear end poo poo like the Pogba contract.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Obviously there is a lot of Donnarumma talk today, I thought this was interesting - a scout suggesting that it's not only Raiola behind the move, but Donnarumma's family too.
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/875451167882530817

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Parma won the lega pro final 2-0 and are back in B. Very good.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Davide Nicola finished his bike ride from Crotone to Turin today. Good lad.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
http://www.espnfc.com/italian-serie-a/story/3145108/ac-milan-legend-paolo-maldini-set-for-atp-tennis-debut

quote:

AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini is to mark his 49th birthday later this month by making his professional tennis debut at an ATP Challenger Tour event in Milan.

The former Italy defender has earned a wild card for the Aspria Tennis Cup at the Aspria Harbour Club of Milan, where he will partner his coach and former professional Stefano Landonio, 45, in the doubles.

The pair earned entry at a qualifying event and they will make their debut on June 26 with Landonio confirming that Maldini has got the talent on the court that he possessed on the football field.

"Paolo's gifted with a good serve in addition to some decent shots," he told the Tennis Italiano website. "He's also improving his volleys and while he may not be catching the eye in any particular part of his game, he does not have any weaknesses either."

Landonio also said that Maldini could have had a promising career in tennis, had he taken the game up earlier.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVevu_1g6Cs/

I love Paolo Maldini.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Lots of cool and good news today

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Bahahahaha Italy v Denmark youth squads are playing, Donnarumma is the goalkeeper for Italy, and someone has thrown a wad of fake cash at his goal

https://twitter.com/ThatBoyAmro/status/876520255962714112

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Bahahahaha Italy v Denmark youth squads are playing, Donnarumma is the goalkeeper for Italy, and someone has thrown a wad of fake cash at his goal

https://twitter.com/ThatBoyAmro/status/876520255962714112

Lol

Italy won that game 2-0, Pellegrini had an overhead goal and Big Pignatone bumbled one in at the end.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Pipo Gonzalez is going to take his drunk driving and dumbass red cards to Bologna.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Juve are still facing more FIFA sanctions from the Pogba transfer, with respect to violating 3rd party ownership rules with Raiola. A transfer ban is possible.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Just ban Raiola.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Just ban Raiola.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
But then how would Juve sign any players? I see your conspiracy.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

trem_two posted:

But then how would Juve sign any players? I see your conspiracy.

They can get them the same way Inter used to and sleep with Maxi Lopez's wife..

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Bernardeschi to Juventus
Kalinic to Milan
Borja Valero to Inter

These seem to be all likely to go through. I think I'm gonna cry now.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If we're losing Alves I'd be happy with a bit of Bernadeschi. Though that would probably spell the end for Marchisio for some reason.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

Bernardeschi to Juventus
Kalinic to Milan
Borja Valero to Inter

These seem to be all likely to go through. I think I'm gonna cry now.

Can I panic now? Because you scolded me when I said it was a bad sign that Gonzalo was being railroaded out.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

Can I panic now? Because you scolded me when I said it was a bad sign that Gonzalo was being railroaded out.

You'll panic anyway, no need to ask permission.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

You'll panic anyway, no need to ask permission.

Yes I will. To both.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Also, I'm more "crying" about the destination than the actual players. Kalinic has likely played his best 2 seasons with us; Borja is starting to get old (and supposedly not really a good fit in Pioli's tactic idea), and Bernardeschi is probably the only real loss.

On the other hand, that's tons of cash to spend on building the squad from the ground up (which we needed to do 2 years ago).

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

No I actually agree a complete makeover is what this team needs and losing Bernadeschi is gonna be super lovely. Valero I would have liked to see ride out his contract at least.

I'm also surprised you did not mention that Illicic might be a thing to Sampdoria.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

No I actually agree a complete makeover is what this team needs and losing Bernadeschi is gonna be super lovely. Valero I would have liked to see ride out his contract at least.

I'm also surprised you did not mention that Illicic might be a thing to Sampdoria.

I only mentioned bad news!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I think Kalinic is ok, but the fee is 30 million, which I think is obscene. If Milan pay that, Fiorentina is getting a huge deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Gigi Galli posted:

I think Kalinic is ok, but the fee is 30 million, which I think is obscene. If Milan pay that, Fiorentina is getting a huge deal.

Yea Kalinic is good atm but I think he had two really good seasons tbh and I don't see him continuing his output for long. Not a bad deal.

• Locked thread