Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have found a leak of the contents of Destiny 3.

https://pastebin.com/7UdgGLEt

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tei posted:

I have found a leak of the contents of Destiny 3.

https://pastebin.com/7UdgGLEt

Just pre-ordered 2 more copies

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Same but four

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm in for four as well, I had to double down on PC after seeing that thing about drugs. I'm glad Bungie is starting to crib not just from Mass Effects but the Falls Outs as well. I cannot wait to be addicted to Space Drugs.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

If you think about it, Oxygen is the most powerful of all drugs. We can't even live without it.

Bungie is a awesome developer, but they are a bit cowards in their representation of space. We don't even get different gravity in different planets or stuff like that. Come on, Bungie!.

I am also eating my own foot after the idea of 4vs4 crucible. I am not a fan of that.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
That's a bad thing for a game that has six man post-raid fireteams dropping into 6v6 to drink more blood

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
it is disheartening that the standard A-team 6man outfit will have to be dissolved and reconfigured because we won't be able to have two support players who aren't great killers but are cool with running defender bubbles to feed the gorillas

OG A-Team build:

ABGD (close range)
YA BOY (mid range/flex)
Maker of Shoes (long range)
Moist (support)
Wintrr(support)
Wildcard (tyler, bernie, grumpy, gogo, smallpox, etc.)

Now it's gonna have to be like

Close/Mid
Mid/Long
Wildcard, but still needs to be able to kill effectively
Support

real weak poo poo bungo

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

6v6 will be a separate game mode available in a standalone addition for only 19.99USD

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

OG A-Team build:

ABGD (close range)
YA BOY (mid range/flex)
Moist (support)
Wintrr(support)

So kind of like a more flamboyant Power Rangers?

Waffle House posted:

Ok nice, the discord seems to be waking back up. https://discord.gg/zBhjuJ

I added BroBot so we can spam SomethingAwful emoticons at each other, and also a #gun_chat channel for discussion of real and digital firearms and their various merits in addition to groups and raid coordination

edit: Maybe we should put this in da OP

Also this Discord is cool and good because of all the quality gifs and videos. And yelling about guns. And restaurants. And traffic. And sexual deviancy.

I found out apparently we also have half a dozen or so dead PS4 clans. So I made a new one and everyone can come! And we're even trying to schedule raids!

[KINK] Big Dum Space Mans: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2011959

Post for an invite. That is, if you like spanking the competition.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I also occupy the "short/wide" role

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Moist's 0.4 k/d and 1000000 orbs generated ain't gonna cut it in 4v4.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It would have under the current rules. The swear and tourney guys banned a bunch of bubble stuff because orbs are too strong and good

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

xzzy posted:

Moist's 0.4 k/d and 1000000 orbs generated ain't gonna cut it in 4v4.

Don't you fuckin dare tell me to git gud because it ain't happening

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Legs Benedict posted:

Alright to be honest I've been thinking about a calm and collected way to state my concerns and I think I finally figured it out and mainly there are only a few of them but they're fairly large concerns for a game on the scale of Destiny.
Lack of build variety: I find that in Destiny part of the beauty of the game is being able to choose between perks to make them have synergies with each other. Destiny 2 is effectively killing this with what currently looks forcing us to run 1 of 2 sets of predetermined perks. That's a step backwards in any world just because you go from giving us free reign of our subclass to forcing us to choose how we want to play. What happened to play your way?
Weapon Slots: This is a personal gripe with the way the weapon system has been reconfigured in D2. What is the point of the energy weapon outside of killing supers faster in crucible or using them in possible burn modifiers if those come back. I understand how shields in Destiny work for enemies in PvE but let's be honest it's not like an explosive rounds scout or a grenade of any element exactly had a problem tearing through any shield regardless of elemental weakness. What was the point of basically giving us 2 primaries, removing machine guns, and making shotguns and fusion rifles and snipers the same slot as rocket launchers and grenade launchers? In my opinion this was a small step backwards.
Catering to PvP: I'm sorry ahead of time because this isn't going to make me any friends but it needs to be said. I heavily agree with Datto on this topic. The lack of ability cooldowns, the lack of good weapons in the secondary slot, and my previous complaint of lacking subclass customization. They all feel like they were meant to cater towards PvP. It feels like instead of figuring out a way to balance PvP they just said "gently caress it" and just tried to balance everything around PvP. That's not good game design. This isn't overwatch, CoD, or titanfall. You have PvE content that noone complained about ability spam in. Did Warpriest, Vosik, Golgoroth, and Templar all go to the Bungie forums and cry about snipers being OP and needing to be heavy weapon? No, but crucible players have bitched about getting their heads taken off when they brainlessly walk around a corner that's clearly a sniper lane. Did strike bosses, PoE bosses, and story bosses go to the forums and complain about shotguns shredding their health too fast? No, but crucible players have bitched about them since day 1 being too good with the only acceptable complaint was felwinters lie because when it was introduced nothing except another felwinters could compete with it in the special slot. That changed in HoW however. All your changes to abilities and weapons were based around PvP which isn't the focus of Destiny. Huge step backwards.
I hope this post doesn't just get downvoted into oblivion, but it's my feelings on the current state of how Destiny 2 is looking and honestly I don't even know if it's a worthy sequel at this point. The PvE better be amazing with these new changes because if this game has the same PvP focus it feels like Destiny had since HoW dropped I don't think it's going to last.

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I also occupy the "short/wide" role

gotta live up to that "landmine" moniker....

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

moist turtleneck posted:

Don't you fuckin dare tell me to git gud because it ain't happening

I count every orb created as a kill so you're actually closer to a 2kd lifetime player

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

I count every orb created as a kill so you're actually closer to a 2kd lifetime player

Let's not get ridiculous.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Every 3 is probably a kill tbqh

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Every 3 is probably a kill tbqh

More kills depending on supers. Force multipliers are cool and good.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Insane Totoro posted:

posted, time for a new clan.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

More kills depending on supers. Force multipliers are cool and good.

Yeah but you gotta figure 3 orbs doesn't fill a super meter, some supers don't multi kill, some supers are fails, some orbs are 2nd gen bitch rear end recycled orbs, etc. then you gotta factor in how many kills would have happened via super even without the orbs, and back that out.

Even considering orbs from a bubble beget supers which beget orbs, I bet it's about one kill per 2-3 orbs if you're measuring the direct and sole addition from the orbs.

Now factor in survivability from the bubble, especially when feeding to stormlocks, and I bet it jumps a ton.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah but you gotta figure 3 orbs doesn't fill a super meter, some supers don't multi kill, some supers are fails, some orbs are 2nd gen bitch rear end recycled orbs, etc. then you gotta factor in how many kills would have happened via super even without the orbs, and back that out.

Even considering orbs from a bubble beget supers which beget orbs, I bet it's about one kill per 2-3 orbs if you're measuring the direct and sole addition from the orbs.

Now factor in survivability from the bubble, especially when feeding to stormlocks, and I bet it jumps a ton.

Yeah, but they'd top them off really well if the team is pulling their weight. Even then, health/shield on orb. Tbh I love orbs for ophidian void lock. making GBS threads out melee and grenades that all heal while making and eating orbs to charge faster? :unsmigghh: Give yourself more credit. It's more like 3kd for you :colbert:

LET ME HAVE THIS

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Insane Totoro posted:

Add me! I'm somewhat ok at this game. Not offensively bad, anyway, and I have good mic etiquette. (No birds)

Psn- tshargreaves

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

it is disheartening that the standard A-team 6man outfit will have to be dissolved and reconfigured because we won't be able to have two support players who aren't great killers but are cool with running defender bubbles to feed the gorillas

OG A-Team build:

ABGD (close range)
YA BOY (mid range/flex)
Moist (support)
Wintrr(support)

Now it's gonna have to be like

Close/Mid
Mid/Long
Wildcard, but still needs to be able to kill effectively
Support

real weak poo poo bungo

I like to run with this setup:

5 Slayers/Gods.
1 dude capping points.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

How! posted:

Add me! I'm somewhat ok at this game. Not offensively bad, anyway, and I have good mic etiquette. (No birds)

Psn- tshargreaves

Added you and tex

Discord here:

https://discord.gg/kr9sKrK

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

I like to run with this setup:

5 Slayers/Gods.
1 dude capping points.

So how many points have you capped?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Uhhh I'm dumb and apparently there's just a big fat box I can check that sets a Discord invite to "Never Expire". Try this one for the OP: https://discord.gg/s3bu43s

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol fuckkngg rekt, console war is back on the menu boys

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
God drat it a psbore discord post interrupted my joke ffffffffff

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Insane Totoro posted:

I'm pretty much done with D1 now (because I'm playing Friday the 13th constantly) but I'd be excited for a new clan. I assume once D2 is in full swing I'll no longer be able to rep Bone Krew because there will still be a stupid 100 person limit or something for your active clan. (rip)

PSN is PadreChester

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I'm a Support Player but I have a good KD and don't look to me for actual support because I'm off on my own corner of the map Lone Wolfing but also I only have the controller in my hand 80% of the time because :420: and that's why people who play with me pvp or pve have to constantly ask if I'm muted because I am muted because I'm flicking my Bic and poo poo.

D E S T I N Y

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm a Support Player but I have a good KD and don't look to me for actual support because I'm off on my own corner of the map Lone Wolfing but also I only have the controller in my hand 80% of the time because :420: and that's why people who play with me pvp or pve have to constantly ask if I'm muted because I am muted because I'm flicking my Bic and poo poo.

D E S T I N Y

Yet we beat both Atheon and Aksis with people with no mics.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm usually pretty good about capping. I'm usually the one to cap the enemies home flag to flip spaqns if we are having a tough time. Flipping spawns in the best way to get back into the match.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

I'm usually pretty good about capping. I'm usually the one to cap the enemies home flag to flip spaqns if we are having a tough time. Flipping spawns in the best way to get back into the match.

So you're that one rear end in a top hat that tags A on shores of time.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol fuckkngg rekt, console war is back on the menu boys

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

So you're that one rear end in a top hat that tags A on shores of time.

Yeah. Nah.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DrNutt posted:

I'm pretty much done with D1 now (because I'm playing Friday the 13th constantly) but I'd be excited for a new clan. I assume once D2 is in full swing I'll no longer be able to rep Bone Krew because there will still be a stupid 100 person limit or something for your active clan. (rip)

PSN is PadreChester

friday the 13th is cool as hell

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Someone offered to buy my bungie.net account, lol. Sorry bro, earn your mythic like everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
gonna miss my favorite medal.

http://i.imgur.com/vIkLQtD.gifv

pourin' one out for all the homies dispensing my points.