Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Your dudeman is pretty nice. However, I would suggest either pointing the head down the bolter line a bit more (if possible) or maybe looking the opposite way (ala robocop fame).

Alternatively, point the gun at the crushed marine head while looking the opposite way, as if to search for another victim amid field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Make the head rotate and breathe fire. Install a sound chip that plays a robotic 'HA HA HA'. Add pyro so that it makes dense black smoke forever.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't know own I've been eyeballing the bolter line with great diligence and maybe the photo makes it look wrong. It looks good to me :/

It look like he's lining up someone else to shoot in the face while this poor loyal bastard haplessly paws at him (he's missing a finger which is why I was like gently caress it I'm making a crushed marine base).

TKIY posted:

Make the head rotate and breathe fire. Install a sound chip that plays a robotic 'HA HA HA'. Add pyro so that it makes dense black smoke forever.

When my Thunderhawk uses its turbo laser I set off pyro and the gun actually shoots out a molten ball of lead that melts both flesh and resin.

JBP fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 19, 2017

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Point the gun down so he's about to do that struggling Marine execution style.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

JBP posted:

When my Thunderhawk uses its turbo laser I set off pyro and the gun actually shoots out a molten ball of lead that melts both flesh and resin.

:science:

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I'll be at Warhammer World on Wednesday 6/28 if anyone wants to get a 30k game in.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I butchered a Custodes kit to make an imperial fists terminator command squad. How are you? :shepface:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
So, 30k hams. What are you working on? Most of us here like piles of giant men, so I suspect everybody here is busy line highlighting the crotch armour of bigly marines.

JBP posted:

I needed to get a power fist in my army despite my obsession with phoenix spears and made a man. He punched down a building on some hapless mook.

He also punched down GW LTD headquarters I'm not even filing it off :black101:

This looks great!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Finishing up my fist/PB Praetor, then touching up and varnishing the power sword Vet squad that he's gonna run with. After that, finish up my last 5 suicide squad combi plasma Vets and I'm done apart from varnishing Perty and taking pics for my toxx. It all shakes out to a little more than 3000 points.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

JBP posted:

I needed to get a power fist in my army despite my obsession with phoenix spears and made a man. He punched down a building on some hapless mook.

He also punched down GW LTD headquarters I'm not even filing it off :black101:

Where do you play game? Beat up my pretty army with your power gaming death guard (also I am literally retarded and play in character as a screeching purple dork).

This is awesome, can't wait to see it painted.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I butchered a Custodes kit to make an imperial fists terminator command squad. How are you? :shepface:

Pics!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I built this guy over the weekend:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I don't build or paint models. I feel it detracts from my hobby of posting in Warhammer related Something Awful threads.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

forgive the potato quality.

Super messy and not helped by having to soak them in superclean because the first spray paint I used went on super thick but I'm okay with how things turned out.

Might re-do the chest insignia though and feel like the standard needs something if I'm not going with the wings.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Oh hahaha I almost forgot that after I finish this round of varnish I have to oil wash and re-varnish literally everything in my army. Please kill me

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

So, 30k hams. What are you working on? Most of us here like piles of giant men, so I suspect everybody here is busy line highlighting the crotch armour of bigly marines.

Just put together some Seeker Marines for my Emperor's Children. I really like the look of MK V for these guys. Going to snipe all the boyz.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Whoa what guns are those?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BULBASAUR posted:

This looks great!

TYVM. I love this little ham.

I am currently working on

BUILD LIST:

2 x Fire Raptor
2 x Storm Eagle
6 x Jetbikes

PAINT LIST:

70 x Space Marines (20 tacticals, 20 assault, 10 Palatines, 10 Kakophani and 10 Phoenix Terminators in various states of paintedness)
10 x HQ/Sarge/Apothecary high effort cool dudes in various paint stages
Eidolon (close to done)
Fulgrim (primed)
6 x Jetbikes primed with metals and purples on them
Knight Lancer
THUNDERHAWK GUNSHIP strewn around in primed bits and pieces

loving kill me :negative:

Oh yeah and I bought the 40k box as well...

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just put together some Seeker Marines for my Emperor's Children. I really like the look of MK V for these guys. Going to snipe all the boyz.

As panascope said, what gun is this? These are rad.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Lol painting 70 marines while building two fire raptors and two storm eagles.

Remember kids: don't bite off more than you can chew.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

panascope posted:

The trick is to prime 20 at a time then airbrush on three layers and a bodacious pink highlight. Then it's just a matter of leaving them somewhere public so I can break out washes and metals for 20 minutes when I find spare time. They're actually coming together surprisingly quickly now!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

panascope posted:

Whoa what guns are those?

They are "railguns" from Anvil Industries. I really like the idea of a Seeker squad, and it seems like extreme precision shooting would be something Emperor's Children would be down with.

:69snypa:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I really dig Mark V

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

JBP posted:

The trick is to prime 20 at a time then airbrush on three layers and a bodacious pink highlight. Then it's just a matter of leaving them somewhere public so I can break out washes and metals for 20 minutes when I find spare time. They're actually coming together surprisingly quickly now!

The trick is to play a legion that requires no paint

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

JBP posted:

Where do you play game? Beat up my pretty army with your power gaming death guard (also I am literally retarded and play in character as a screeching purple dork).

Usually at a mate's house out west but I really need new opponents so we should totally slam some hams. Last game I had this past weekend had me padding out a 3500 point DG list to go against both of my "mates" running 1750 of 40k each and I ended up walking blindly into a tag team involving Ynnari, Eldrad and two Wraithknights.

:suicide::cripes::suicide:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

adamantium|wang posted:

Usually at a mate's house out west but I really need new opponents so we should totally slam some hams. Last game I had this past weekend had me padding out a 3500 point DG list to go against both of my "mates" running 1750 of 40k each and I ended up walking blindly into a tag team involving Ynnari, Eldrad and two Wraithknights.

:suicide::cripes::suicide:

Were you playing 40k v 30k compatibility mode? Boy do I wish I had something soft to shoot with my Kakophani...

Sounds like your dirty boys could use some noisy boy support. Kay Jays in Footscray have tables upstairs I think, but I never play in stores because it's just my Fists playing mate and I usually (plus there are smelly loving hams everywhere).

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Goddamnit, I thought you were still in Sydney

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Hobby update: Going to do some painting later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPaEdvCs1C8

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

adamantium|wang posted:

Goddamnit, I thought you were still in Sydney

I thought you were in Vic you loving :orks:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

Wtf you're supposed to run all hobby purchases by me first so I can list tailor

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

Wtf you're supposed to run all hobby purchases by me first so I can list tailor

Bring More Veterans (TM)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It was mentioned in the 40k threat, but I'm curious what kinds of new alternate legions and units we could see in the future as FW advances the timeline. They've certainly alluded to doing so.

I'm wondering if they might be introduced with completely different legion rules. Say, Emperor's Children stay as they are right now, but then there's a post-Istvaan EC featuring Daemon Prince Fulgrim and the full-on CSM style thing they've got going in the later Horus Heresy novels. Or adding Raptors to the Raven Guard, Daemon Prince Angron, etc.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Cythereal posted:

It was mentioned in the 40k threat, but I'm curious what kinds of new alternate legions and units we could see in the future as FW advances the timeline. They've certainly alluded to doing so.

I'm wondering if they might be introduced with completely different legion rules. Say, Emperor's Children stay as they are right now, but then there's a post-Istvaan EC featuring Daemon Prince Fulgrim and the full-on CSM style thing they've got going in the later Horus Heresy novels. Or adding Raptors to the Raven Guard, Daemon Prince Angron, etc.

The 7.5 rulebook is going to have rules for occult poo poo and daemons so I assume there will be more of that poo poo happening. To what extent did the daemon princes participate in the HH proper though? I thought it was only Fulgrim that ascended during it, but he was all gently caress you got mine and just went away leaving the rest of the EC doing random fun stuff.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

JBP posted:

The 7.5 rulebook is going to have rules for occult poo poo and daemons so I assume there will be more of that poo poo happening. To what extent did the daemon princes participate in the HH proper though? I thought it was only Fulgrim that ascended during it, but he was all gently caress you got mine and just went away leaving the rest of the EC doing random fun stuff.

Angron also went daemon prince during the Heresy. It's in Betrayer, one of the best HH novels - it's strongly implied that Lorgar deliberately orchestrated Angron's fall to Chaos and rise as a daemon prince specifically so they'd have someone besides Horus who could face down Sanguinius at Terra and have a shot at winning.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Angron also went daemon prince during the Heresy. It's in Betrayer, one of the best HH novels - it's strongly implied that Lorgar deliberately orchestrated Angron's fall to Chaos and rise as a daemon prince specifically so they'd have someone besides Horus who could face down Sanguinius at Terra and have a shot at winning.

Yeah, but did he participate in the war any more after that? I haven't read anything with Angron in it after Betrayer, and he gets locked away at the end of that.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PantsOptional posted:

Yeah, but did he participate in the war any more after that? I haven't read anything with Angron in it after Betrayer, and he gets locked away at the end of that.

The HH series has been allergic to starting the Siege of Terra, so the plot's stalled at the moment.

We did get Rogal Dorn no-poo poo-for-real killing Alpharius, though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I need to read some more of the books. I read the drop site ones, Legion and Fulgrim. I started Descent of Angels (for some insane reason) and haven't been back. I might grab Betrayer if you think it's a cool read. Is there anything else I should grab?

I don't want to read about Alpharius getting dead bc he's my second favourite after Fulgrim.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

JBP posted:

I need to read some more of the books. I read the drop site ones, Legion and Fulgrim. I started Descent of Angels (for some insane reason) and haven't been back. I might grab Betrayer if you think it's a cool read. Is there anything else I should grab?

I don't want to read about Alpharius getting dead bc he's my second favourite after Fulgrim.

The First Heretic, Know No Fear, Betrayer is an excellent trilogy by Dan Abnett and ADB that flow smoothly together, focusing on the Word Bearers, World Eaters, and Ultramarines. Covers the fall of Lorgar and Angron to Chaos, the first possessed marines, the Word Bearers' attack on Calth, Angron's rise as a daemon prince, and does a wonderful job of humanizing the Ultramarines and Guilliman by giving them believable strengths and flaws. Prominent characters besides the primarchs include Kharn, Erebus, and the only possessed marine you might genuinely feel sorry for.

A Thousand Sons and Prospero Burns are two companion novels about the Thousand Sons and the Space Wolves, respectively, that conclude with the assault on Prospero and remain the main books to date to focus on those two legions. Thousand Sons focuses on Ahriman and Magnus, Prospero Burns is a 40k adaptation of The Thirteenth Warrior and is about the Wolves and Leman Russ from the perspective of an outsider.

Mechanicum is an interesting one that has virtually no power armor action and focuses purely on events on Mars. If you want an interesting story about Mars and the Mechanicus at the outbreak of the Heresy with a guest appearance by the C'Tan, this one's for you.

Legion is somewhat hit or miss. It's the Alpha Legion book but doesn't actually tell you much about the Alphas - it's told mainly from the perspective of ordinary humans caught up in the Alpha Legion's machinations. Also introduces John Grammaticus and makes the best use of him compared to his later appearances - he reappears in the First Heretic trilogy along with Olanius Pius.

Angel Exterminatus is derided by some, but I personally enjoyed it. It's the Iron Warriors book and also includes the Emperor's Children quite heavily, including Fulgrim's ascent to daemon prince.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nice thanks man. I loving love Legion. The alphas being shadowy dudes while you follow Hurt Bronzi around was really cool.

I'm going to take all your recommendations and maybe give Angel Exterminatus a go because I'm an EC fan.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

When asked about the power levels of Inferno the design team answered that this reflected two legions at their pinnacle of power. I've been thinking about this myself, but I honestly don't have any educated ideas on how they'll handle legion transmogrification like the death guard.

One thing is for sure though. They are dead set of making all the cool poo poo from the background happen, so I have no doubt we'll see it eventually. Right now I get the feeling it's all hands aboard making the 7.5 book happen before the book hard angle book.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

JBP posted:

Other than the ADB books, I think Scars is probably the best one I have read so far. It does a good job of showing why the early Heresy was so confusing, and that not every Legion is not some colossal hive mind.

Bonus points for the best version of Mortarian ever written. Poor guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cythereal posted:

the only possessed marine you might genuinely feel sorry for.

shame about that shadow of great wings