Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

Tech Week b*ithc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

...but who will be left for me to share my lengthy political opinions with?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

Tech Week b*ithc

:woop:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Wait, was this because we raised the minimum wage to $15/hr like they were warning us? Was this because Bernie won? I guess now we can say we can go ahead and say that now is the best time to raise the minimum wage because they've got nothing left to automate!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lastgirl posted:

Tech Week b*ithc

my favorite tech is infrastructure
my favorite infrastructure is tech

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
What day is today? It feels like it should be Friday, but I'm scared it might be Monday

Serf
May 5, 2011

galenanorth posted:

Wait, was this because we raised the minimum wage to $15/hr like they were warning us? Was this because Bernie won?

as capitalism continues to eat itself, even the piddly $7.25/hr is too much for it to bear

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lol we are all going to die

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

...but who will be left for me to share my lengthy political opinions with?

BEEP BOOP YOUR POLITICAL RAMBLINGS HAVE BEEN FOUND TO BE INSUFFICIENTLY LOYAL TO TRUMP, NOW DISPENSING CYANIDE GAS

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

What day is today? It feels like it should be Friday, but I'm scared it might be Monday

The truth...is in the middle

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
cant wait for the EOTF to eventually push out the executive board of mcdonalds and replace them all with superior robos

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

carls jr gently caress you im eating

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Personally, I'd rather order from a kiosk, because at least a kiosk wouldn't say when you order a McDouble "McDouble with bacon?", which has a 150% markup, because it's more audacious in text form. It wouldn't do that, at least, at first.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

JOBS JOBS JOBS

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I find it impressive that this is happening years earlier than anyone expected, which almost certainly also means a wholeeeeeeeeee lot of people aren't going to be prepared for this

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Rock My Socks! posted:

The truth...is in the middle

:perfect:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Chris James 2 posted:

I find it impressive that this is happening years earlier than anyone expected, which almost certainly also means a wholeeeeeeeeee lot of people aren't going to be prepared for this

Lol so many are gonna die in the 21st century

I wanna be one of the first to go

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i wonder how fucken hard mcdonalds is going on automated food prep system r&d right now

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
The Gang That Insists Shooting Straight Is No Way To Hit Your Targets And The Local Townsfolk Will Come Around Any Day Now

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I need you to cancel my order

the loving pop up came up and I hit decline but it wouldn't go away

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

galenanorth posted:

Personally, I'd rather order from a kiosk, because at least a kiosk wouldn't say when you order a McDouble "McDouble with bacon?", which has a 150% markup, because it's more audacious in text form. It wouldn't do that, at least, at first.

instead they'll auto connect to their required apps on your phone and upload bacon malware

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Oh gently caress yes. gently caress.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

BEEP BOOP YOUR POLITICAL RAMBLINGS HAVE BEEN FOUND TO BE INSUFFICIENTLY LOYAL TO TRUMP, NOW DISPENSING CYANIDE GAS

[extremely boosted_c5 voice] No no no no! WAIT COME BACK PLEASE! I SAID AMERICANISM NOT GLOBALISM ON MY ORB FRIES! PLEASE FIX THIS

Chris James 2 posted:

nobody is loving prepared, not even with this skeleton administration. Staggering the labor force out with robots without a comprehensive plan as to lift America out of the industrial model that been decaying for 200 years. It is insane :q: and owns and not even in a good way.

Animatrix might be onto something here at this point with anti-robo protests for jobs jobs jobs

Tech Week

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

also a few lost mcdonalds jobs in the cities like whatever but its impact is massively magnified in the rurals

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Lastgirl posted:

skeleton administration

would own

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
it kinda owns how totally incompetent the republicans are

https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/877529171756552196

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Baloogan posted:

im fine with the UK just don't care for british journalists flying to loving montana writing hit pieces on trump / trump supporters

also, juluius ceasar was written by a british author

Wrong! It was written by an English author.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Did u know Hillary Clinton is 69

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

also a few lost mcdonalds jobs in the cities like whatever but its impact is massively magnified in the rurals

fast food chains in my town employ probably 100 people out of 3000 so yeah, you're not wrong at all

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
https://twitter.com/tstrahan4ny/status/877460907764404224

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRtvqT_wMeY

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

Minorities will get blamed for this too

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

the homelessness problem is gonna explode even worse lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

clearly the answer is lyft shuttle

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Chris James 2 posted:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
truth is garbage to fucktards like you

McRobo McKiosk: [robotically] One McFlurry. Total is 1.69. Nice.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

it kinda owns how totally incompetent the republicans are

https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/877529171756552196

Dumbocraps getting owned by decorum and belief in the process again

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
CITIZEN

REMOVE MCCHICKEN FROM MACHINE WITHIN 10 SECONDS OR MCCHICKEN IS FORFEIT

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

truth is garbage to fucktards like you

McRobo McKiosk: [robotically] One McFlurry. Total is 1.69. Nice.

cspam 2030: we need to drag our roboverlords into the street and magnets em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
CITIZEN

THIS IS A MCDONALDS DRIVE THRU

• Locked thread