Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Me ordering nugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Lastgirl posted:

truth is garbage to fucktards like you

McRobo McKiosk: [robotically] One McFlurry. Total is 1.69. Nice.

*reaches into pocket for wooden clog*

*is gunned down by retractable McDonald's kiosk turret*

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Thom and the Heads posted:

CITIZEN

REMOVE MCCHICKEN FROM MACHINE WITHIN 10 SECONDS OR MCCHICKEN IS FORFEIT

lol

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the wheels of justice grind slowly but they grind exceedingly fine hahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Me ordering nugs:

i dont even see the code, its just mcchicken, mcmuffin, double quarter pounder with cheese

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

galenanorth posted:

Wait, was this because we raised the minimum wage to $15/hr like they were warning us? Was this because Bernie won? I guess now we can say we can go ahead and say that now is the best time to raise the minimum wage because they've got nothing left to automate!

I'm gonna blame Sheetz, they've had these for years

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED A HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN DRINK

I WILL REFER YOU TO AN OBESITY CRISIS CENTRE

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Al! posted:

i dont even see the code, its just mcchicken, mcmuffin, double quarter pounder with cheese

lmao hahahaha

Serf
May 5, 2011

CITIZEN

THIS IS A MCDONALDS DRIVE THRU

CITIZEN

SCANNING INDICATES A SKIN MELANIN CONTENT OF GREATER THAN 1%

PLEASE REMAIN WHERE YOU ARE, ICEBOTS HAVE BEEN DISPATCHED TO VERIFY CITIZENSHIP

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shugojin posted:

I'm gonna blame Sheetz, they've had these for years

its also another thing william gibson predicted like forever ago

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

the democrats would serve themselves well to go along with all these things they are diametrically opposed to that would gently caress over everyone in the country

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
at least the robo class will eventually pulverize the rich

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

why don't we have an ed balls in America? closest thing is what....rick Perry? lmao

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

[extremely ronny cox voice] dang, son, whats your name?
[tinny cyborg voice] ... ronald mcdonald

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fits my needs posted:

why don't we have an ed balls in America? closest thing is what....rick Perry? lmao

al frankenstein prob

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

CITIZEN

REMOVE MCCHICKEN FROM MACHINE WITHIN 10 SECONDS OR MCCHICKEN IS FORFEIT

lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

blindsided by cell phones, but on point when it comes to automation

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Serf posted:

fast food chains in my town employ probably 100 people out of 3000 so yeah, you're not wrong at all

My birthplace was so small the biggest places of employment for the town were (in order) Walmart and McDonalds

A few years ago the Walmart expanded to using self-checkouts

So yeah, in all likelihood everyone there will have either abandoned ship, or become homeless, unemployed, and/or dead within my lifetime

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

punchymcpunch posted:

[extremely ronny cox voice] dang, son, whats your name?
[tinny cyborg voice] ... ronald mcdonald

"We don't serve cornflakes at this location, sir."

wrong movie but w/e

Serf
May 5, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

My birthplace was so small the biggest places of employment for the town were (in order) Walmart and McDonalds

A few years ago the Walmart expanded to using self-checkouts

So yeah, in all likelihood everyone there will have either abandoned ship, or become homeless, unemployed, and/or dead within my lifetime

i have never and will never use a self-checkout

any place that replaces all human staff loses my business

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

[McNeo wakes up from what he believed to be the real world, looks down from a massive playland tower only to find rows of sleeping humans each contained in their individual ballpits]

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Al! posted:

[McNeo wakes up from what he believed to be the real world, looks down from a massive playland tower only to find rows of sleeping humans each contained in their individual ballpits]

This is the future fucktards want

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Al! posted:

armitage brought in a dozen black cases. they were so dark they seemed to suck up the light like Dyson Airwedge vacuum cleaners and it was only through years of experience that i could tell they were physical objects and not matte painting. i opened the first and the familiar whiff of long chain polymers hit my nose like a soldier's fist with a russian watch wrapped around it. a boctok komandirskie on a beige nato strap.

the first case was full of hash browns, just as i had requested

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

murked by dragon posted:

at least the robo class will eventually pulverize the rich

Citizens rich in minerals valued for robotic construction will be protected at all costs.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Two thoughts:

1) This just means everybody is going to go through the drive-thru, which means that McDonalds can save money on redesigning their interiors to look like lovely Starbucks, and

2) Watch as this destroys the entire brand when an enterprising hacker or three completely blow up the systems in some graphically hilarious way.

This cannot end up any place good...but since it doesn't matter since investors will get theirs, bring it on.

Al! posted:

also a few lost mcdonalds jobs in the cities like whatever but its impact is massively magnified in the rurals

Ed looked at me with tears in his eyes. "Do you remember when you could go inside a McDonalds? I remember going on dates and getting a bag of burgers and me and Bertha would then watch the playplace as we talked futures. Seeing little Eds and Berthas playing in that pastel joy palace as we ate Double Quarter Pounders. Now......I couldn't cancel my order today. I kept pressing the screen and it wouldn't recognize. They say they needed to reboot. I say we give them all the boot." His lower lip quivered. "All I want is a burger, man. A greasy, substandard burger. And all I'm getting is a touchscreen and a metal claw and a prerecorded voice that tells me to park in the overfill slot because my fries aren't done until the tech comes out. What happened to America??"

punchymcpunch posted:

YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED A HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN DRINK

I WILL REFER YOU TO AN OBESITY CRISIS CENTRE

YOU HAVE FIFTEEN SECONDS TO GET YOUR FRIES.

*growls and steps forward*

YOU NOW HAVE TEN SECONDS TO GET YOUR FRIES.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Hamburgler: You know, I know this Big Mac doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the McMatrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? 
[Takes a bite of Big Mac] 
Hamburgler: I'm Lovin It.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I'd like to think that the rise of the machines will make people realize that just maybe it's worth spending money on public education above nearly every other government expense because it's the only way that people will have the toolset to survive in a world without guaranteed basic income.

It won't though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Citizen, I apologize. We don't serve corncobs here
"I uh, I didn't ask for corn though"
I was talking about you, citizen. Please leave

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Nodelphi posted:

Citizens rich in minerals valued for robotic construction will be protected at all costs.

when we gonna liquidate our dead and feed them to the living

cuz im hungry

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Al! posted:

BEEP BOOP YOUR POLITICAL RAMBLINGS HAVE BEEN FOUND TO BE INSUFFICIENTLY LOYAL TO TRUMP, NOW DISPENSING CYANIDE GAS

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

punchymcpunch posted:

armitage brought in a dozen black cases. they were so dark they seemed to suck up the light like Dyson Airwedge vacuum cleaners and it was only through years of experience that i could tell they were physical objects and not matte painting. i opened the first and the familiar whiff of long chain polymers hit my nose like a soldier's fist with a russian watch wrapped around it. a boctok komandirskie on a beige nato strap.

the first case was full of hash browns, just as i had requested

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

when you think about it robocop basically has a juicero machine

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pook Good Mook posted:

I'd like to think that the rise of the machines will make people realize that just maybe it's worth spending money on public education above nearly every other government expense because it's the only way that people will have the toolset to survive in a world without guaranteed basic income.

It won't though.

look forward to e3 darling the last night coming in 2018 to explain to u why actually ubi is bad for the human soul

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

murked by dragon posted:

i wonder how fucken hard mcdonalds is going on automated food prep system r&d right now

I worked in the grill area for two weeks, 3-4 hour shifts I had to spend 1.5 miles walking toward, and they semi-automate the kitchen area so that all the ovens and friers have number settings with a timer and a temperature for each type of menu item meat. For example, you take nine patties out of the freezer and put them in a 3x3 grid, press a button for a metal presser to come down, wait 15 seconds, take a cup of seasoning and press a button on the handle while hovering above each patty, then get an empty meat tray and put a liner in, and put each patty in the meat tray from front to back. The nugget fries take 3 minutes, and you're off preparing orders while that's cooking.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

1) This just means everybody is going to go through the drive-thru, which means that McDonalds can save money on redesigning their interiors to look like lovely Starbucks, and

Yeah, that's a weird one. It's been 5 years, but the last time I was in a McDonald's they had completely removed the play area and replaced it with seating that was obviously meant to make it cafelike.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

*sniffs the air* did you know that bic macs arent a sandwich? theyre actually a virus.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

*Agent Hamburgler looking at McMoreFriesus* "There is another fast food chain on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A happy meal. Franchises are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It would only take like, 2 weeks of everyone refusing to buy fast food from a touch screen before their stock started to crater and they went back to normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nodelphi posted:

I would want to see a Horizon: Zero Dawn situation where Elon Musk and Mark Fuckerberg doom humanity or whatever.

they should make a prequel honestly playing the fall of humanity as humans or AI would own

• Locked thread