Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Brigador is extremely good op

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Johnny Five Aces powered down the magnabike with a not quite unhearble hum and checked his chronometer. "drat." he hissed threw his clinched teeth which were surrounded by the stubble of five days where in he had not shaven himself at all. It was almost chromodawn at Clashpoint. Alreddy the sun was sitting Walliston's Hill ah blaze like so much molten meddle or a coin, gyreating in the air, tossed there by the uncaring hand of an imaginary god that doesn't exist, borne from the interior minds of the hobbled masses. The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange. drat, he, Johnny, thought. We thought we were opening a new beginning with our mad dreams of time travail but ironically the only time now is the time of which we're out of. It's almost humorous. Yeah, I could almost laugh, if I hadn't cried that part of me away when my parents were maccasared by Dr. Malaprop and the government sanctioned murderers of "CAPITAL".

He lit a Nicosheen brand swaggerette and took a dip drag, sinking farther into his inferior horologue. He thought of Nina and her mellifluous buttocks that he used to love to bang. Even now his nano enhanced hearing could almost hear her vagina lips quivering with moisture and also pleasure, like a slice of synth-ham being tongued by one of Malaprop's slamhounds. When he got back to City5, he was going to do some sex, no doubt about that. "That's right doll" he said to nobody and the wind. They were going to do it hard. He smiled, blowing smoke from his nostrils. They were going do it cyber hard.

im the slamhounds

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i'm the mellifluous buttocks

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

johnny fice aces is a playable character

check out this loving album cover. one of the soundtrack songs is being removed because of a copyright issue so it'd be worth checking out soon

what's the album? is it the brigador ost or something else, because I'm not finding it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

eschaton posted:

what's the album? is it the brigador ost or something else, because I'm not finding it

it's sold as dlc for the game, no idea if it's on bandcamp or whatever

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

ah OK, time to get game

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Johnny Five Aces powered down the magnabike with a not quite unhearble hum and checked his chronometer. "drat." he hissed threw his clinched teeth which were surrounded by the stubble of five days where in he had not shaven himself at all. It was almost chromodawn at Clashpoint. Alreddy the sun was sitting Walliston's Hill ah blaze like so much molten meddle or a coin, gyreating in the air, tossed there by the uncaring hand of an imaginary god that doesn't exist, borne from the interior minds of the hobbled masses. The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange. drat, he, Johnny, thought. We thought we were opening a new beginning with our mad dreams of time travail but ironically the only time now is the time of which we're out of. It's almost humorous. Yeah, I could almost laugh, if I hadn't cried that part of me away when my parents were maccasared by Dr. Malaprop and the government sanctioned murderers of "CAPITAL".

He lit a Nicosheen brand swaggerette and took a dip drag, sinking farther into his inferior horologue. He thought of Nina and her mellifluous buttocks that he used to love to bang. Even now his nano enhanced hearing could almost hear her vagina lips quivering with moisture and also pleasure, like a slice of synth-ham being tongued by one of Malaprop's slamhounds. When he got back to City5, he was going to do some sex, no doubt about that. "That's right doll" he said to nobody and the wind. They were going to do it hard. He smiled, blowing smoke from his nostrils. They were going do it cyber hard.

That was amazing. :golfclap:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Crusader posted:

oh drat, first I've heard of this one - thx

im Precursor James

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

eschaton posted:

ah OK, time to get game
all indications are that the steam summer sale should be starting soon, quite possibly this week (thursday the 22nd seems to be the consensus guess)

so if you can hold off for a little while you can save some cash (which you can then spend on getting neon chrome and va-11 hallA)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Agile Vector posted:

im Precursor James

I get the James thing, we're all a lot closer to Arturo, or maybe in your case Marvin Beck

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pretty sure im closer to post lobotomy willis corto if im pickin cyberpunk characters

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
So when MegaSteamCorp have their sale what are the top picks for cyberpunk games?

Currently my wishlist has Neon Chrome, Brigador, Vanquish. I've played the Shadowrun games, but if there's more rpgs like that I'm keen.

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 18, 2017

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Looks like it's on Bandcamp:
https://makeupandvanityset.bandcamp.com/album/brigador-vol-i
https://makeupandvanityset.bandcamp.com/album/brigador-vol-ii
https://makeupandvanityset.bandcamp.com/album/brigador-up-armored-ep

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
just poking around i see gog is running their summer sale and has a bunch of games mentioned here at a discount

$14 brigador
$10 va11hallA
$5 shadowrun hong kong
$3 shadowrun dragonfall
$3 shadowrun returns
and something called "megamagic: wizards of the neon age" for $5

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

yeah it's on the guy's bandcamp + itunes/apple music and it's extremely good

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

NonzeroCircle posted:

So when MegaSteamCorp have their sale what are the top picks for cyberpunk games?

Currently my wishlist has Neon Chrome, Brigador, Vanquish. I've played the Shadowrun games, but if there's more rpgs like that I'm keen.

Uplink, my droog

Fredflonston
Jan 29, 2011

http://glitchblackmusic.tumblr.com/

vibes here

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
drat that's pretty good

could use more skulls though

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

communism bitch posted:

Uplink, my droog

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

FMguru posted:

just poking around i see gog is running their summer sale and has a bunch of games mentioned here at a discount

$14 brigador
$10 va11hallA
$5 shadowrun hong kong
$3 shadowrun dragonfall
$3 shadowrun returns
and something called "megamagic: wizards of the neon age" for $5
Shadowrun Returns is mediocre and skippable

Dragonfall is very good especially after the "upgrade" they gave it

Hong Kong is the best but don't play the extra post-story campaign that wraps the plot up because its really bad

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i wouldn't say returns is mediocre, but it's true that it's a step below dragonfall and hong kong. if you want to play return, definitely play it first or you'll miss the improvements they made in the other two

$11 for the whole series is a really good deal though

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

you can play the returns campaign if you get dragonfall

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

just quoting this to say i've been listening to this since yesterday and it is still pretty loving good

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

hyperfast robot sumo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCqxOzKNFks

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
my first reaction was "oh wow a wedge :geno:" but this is actually pretty cool

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
It is! I like how some of the robots wave wings and arms

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
yeah i'm guessing the idea is that other robots will aim for that and just punch through and fall out of the arena like idiots. assuming those robots aren't just remote controlled

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

yeah i'm guessing the idea is that other robots will aim for that and just punch through and fall out of the arena like idiots. assuming those robots aren't just remote controlled

apparently some are and some aren't

i just assumed they were all autonomous but

Croccers posted:

Depends.
They have radio controlled and autonomous fights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6fPGwGJ0ls&t=520s

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/876895580018094085

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol in any cyberpunk future she would have been brainfried from black ICE or rolled into spare parts in a body clinic long ago.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

but we're in the cyberpunk present

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hobbesmaster posted:

but we're in the cyberpunk present

lol and are we also in the steampunk present when you wear your brass tophat with goggles and gear accoutrements ?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol in any cyberpunk future she would have been brainfried from black ICE or rolled into spare parts in a body clinic long ago.

yeah they hit her old school with that isolation

no you can't have clothes you could hang yourself

no you can't have a blanket you could hang yourself

no this guy will not talk to you ever you could put some kind of logic bomb in his head

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

To be fair if anyone was going to plant a logic bomb and explode someone else's brain it would probably be Chelsea doing it to someone in a military prison

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
*opens up sony md player*

*puts in tooth guard*

*slots lady gaga's the fame*

p-p-p-poooooooker faaaaace

aaaaaaaah!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

less than 30 bucks for a shitload of old Cyberpunk 2020 roleplaying sourcebooks?

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Cyberpunk2020

Might be of interest to any roleplayers or just anyone who used to read sourcebooks for the fun of it ( :o: )

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I bought a few shadowrun books just for the lore, the "virtual realities" book had a full-on novella in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NoneMoreNegative posted:

less than 30 bucks for a shitload of old Cyberpunk 2020 roleplaying sourcebooks?

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Cyberpunk2020

Might be of interest to any roleplayers or just anyone who used to read sourcebooks for the fun of it ( :o: )

i'm hesitant to look at these books now for fear that my nostalgia would be overwhelmed by terrible mid-90s game mechanics

• Locked thread