Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

TheRagamuffin posted:

So I guess it's just not going up on steam this time? Would have been nice to know.

it's up on steam, $35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Yep! On it.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

if you got a key from the website through xsolla it doesnt look like everyone got theirs. im still waiting on mine and discord has a ton of people that got nothing from them.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Got a key :toot:

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Purchase went through so looks like I got a key too, downloading now.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

sounds like the most recent patch lowered it to 25 maximum recipes you can learn, does that make it at lovely as people are saying?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
If you need discord access post in this thread your discord name so we can auth you.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
You can be fine with this many schematics beyond the free ones:

Large Panel
the 8 core upgrades
1 power engine
1 power wing
1 cannon of your preference
compass/heading indicator
storage container
shipping container

That is 15 schematics. You will also probably want a fuel gauge and medium panel. If you want to get into ship optimization, you'll want a speedometer as well. That's 18. Realistically, you'll probably have at least 2-3 engines, 1-2 wings and 2-3 cannons you'll consider using. The high end of all of those combined makes 23. That would leave 2 slots for stuff like horns, flags, stairs, bar pipes, the other gauges like altimeter or artificial horizon, windows, or a t1 engine schematic for when you just wanna cobble something together as fast as possible.

It's bad and makes all the decorative schematics complete garbage unless it's one you really really want, but it's not quiiite crippling. It wouldn't be so bad if they implement the cap increase progression at the same time.

Glider, torch and timed explosives are on a separate cap, and there's not really enough items there to reach it at the moment.

E: If you're feeling really frisky and want to rely on reading the wind currents inside of storm and sand walls and remember which way is which when people tell you "go west of X" you could probably skip the compass too, but v0v

Kylra fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 20, 2017

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Welp, guess I missed out on keys because I was in a meeting. Awesome!

LotionMan
Nov 1, 2004
Shut up, or I'll give you a nasty rash !
in as wormfood

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I think there might possibly be one extra key floating around. Join discord and ask around.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
Finally got a key, crazy how fast they sell out.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Just realized the death-proof belt inventory slot exists

This changes everything Nick

Also, is there any way to strip parts off downed ships? I keep seeing core upgrades lying around and I want them

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
legionarei on Discord. Will probably hop on tonight or tomorrow to try this puppy out.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
First thing we did once we got our ship built was to try ramming it into a much more resource-expensive ship some other guy had. Sad to report that this did no damage, but still a great game with real potential.

Here's some action shots of a cool 6-engine battleship with 3 cannons:

And a cool cave island we found:

And another island:

Septic Tank Gulag fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 21, 2017

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
drats I was hoping to pick up another key for a friend. How long did it take to sell out?

futile
May 18, 2009
gently caress I was gonna buy into this poo poo game but totally forgot and by 1pm PST they were already sold out. That was fast.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Turd Herder posted:

drats I was hoping to pick up another key for a friend. How long did it take to sell out?
Like 10 minutes

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm a dumb guy who buys into things super easily so I got in on the ground floor when the keys hit and I'll check out the game tommorow. Looking forward to getting my shitbucket shot out of the sky flying with goons and clipping through floors to my death seeing the world.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

I had to contact https://support.bossastudios.com to reset my character location last night. I think I contacted them around 7 PST and by 5am pst i already had a dev do it. ( i know they are in england but it was still a quick turn around).

Can we get the link put in the OP just in case others have the issue?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It's fixed with this patch.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Posting in this lovely thread as ordered.

Also, anyone have a key for sale?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Check in discord, someone had one possibly.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Songbearer posted:

I'm a dumb guy who buys into things super easily so I got in on the ground floor when the keys hit and I'll check out the game tommorow. Looking forward to getting my shitbucket shot out of the sky flying with goons and clipping through floors to my death seeing the world.
We set our ship down to add two more new and improved engines to our 2-engine vessel. The moment we got the fourth engine affixed, a cannonball suddently slammed into the ground next to me out of nowhere.

I looked up to the sky and spotted our attackers raining hell down upon our heads.

We were under attack and - to my great shame - we had been stupid enough to not have built a cannon to defend ourselves with. In that moment, I knew we were hosed, but I didn't yet know how hard. My buddy raced to the helm of the ship only to find it was too heavy to move - the extra engines weren't worth their weight without a better power core! gently caress. And then, it happened.

A direct hit, right in the pussy. We were sunk. Parts flew everywhere. My buddy's game crashed and he was screaming curses down through the mic. I laughed so hard I cried. I did try to fraps this but I couldn't handle the mouse because I was laughing too hard at my friend's rage.

10/10 this game is loving perfect.

Septic Tank Gulag fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 21, 2017

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
For the longest time I didn't realise that your shipyard makes a personal bubble you can grapple onto

Boy wrestling with the grappling hook and desperately flailing around the hull of my ship before I realised this was an experience

After figuring out what everything was and pancaking to my death with the grappling hook a couple of times I can definitely see the appeal of this game. Flying away in your little ship and watching the island you were on disappear into the distance is an amazing feeling.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Songbearer posted:

For the longest time I didn't realise that your shipyard makes a personal bubble you can grapple onto

Boy wrestling with the grappling hook and desperately flailing around the hull of my ship before I realised this was an experience

After figuring out what everything was and pancaking to my death with the grappling hook a couple of times I can definitely see the appeal of this game. Flying away in your little ship and watching the island you were on disappear into the distance is an amazing feeling.

Those ship yard bubbles don't protect against cannon fire though. Even though it looks as if its a force field.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri891BGvPdA
My first session summed up, about 40 minutes before the servers went down for maintenance.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
So a few dumb questions, what happens when you log out? I know it says your ship won't disappear if you log out at a shipyard which I get so in case someone else claims it, but what happens if you log out while flying?

I mean I guess I'll find out when I log back in :v:

Also is there a chart/guide out there for what ship setups will pass the "walls?"

How do you figure out your position on the map? Is it a component to build?

Lastly is the only way to get schematics out of the gold chests?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

It keeps going how you set it until it disappears after a few minutes. Assuming no one interacts with it and everyone with a spawner on the ship is logged off. If there's no claimed spawner, the ship also stays in indefinitely.

I've heard 40 total engine power and a few wings (2 elevators and a rudder) will cross wind walls if your helm is in the back of the ship. For storm/sand unless you can probably get good enough engines and weight cap from expanses to cross storm/sand without too much chanciness if you have a couple people repair things.

Sun rises in south and sets in north. Use that and the wall border layout and you can probably figure out where you're at on either cardinal or lexmap. There's also some landmark islands on lexmap to help out.

You get schematics from the knowledge tree as well.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Turd Herder posted:

Those ship yard bubbles don't protect against cannon fire though. Even though it looks as if its a force field.

ya the lore is like "ooo its an electrical field created by the energy of atlas" or whatever just for the sake of being able to build your ship around in a "claimed" space

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So the airships that you build in this. Do you keep them for a while or do they blow up constantly?

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Kind of a mix of both right now, honestly. Also the idea that you can brave a sandwall without instruments is a sick goon joke, rip my first ship.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

dylguy90 posted:

Kind of a mix of both right now, honestly. Also the idea that you can brave a sandwall without instruments is a sick goon joke, rip my first ship.

Sooo when you lose your ship it's just all gone? Or anything to salvage?

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

LegionAreI posted:

So a few dumb questions, what happens when you log out? I know it says your ship won't disappear if you log out at a shipyard which I get so in case someone else claims it, but what happens if you log out while flying?

I mean I guess I'll find out when I log back in :v:

Also is there a chart/guide out there for what ship setups will pass the "walls?"

How do you figure out your position on the map? Is it a component to build?

Lastly is the only way to get schematics out of the gold chests?
schematics can be learned from knowledge points which you earn by exploring (scanning these nuclear warhead looking things) and spend on either engines, wings, or cannons. Each time you spend you get a new schematic

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

FileNotFound posted:

Sooo when you lose your ship it's just all gone? Or anything to salvage?
Most times you can salvage it if it crashes or gets blown apart on or close enough to solid ground. If it sinks in the sky its gone

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Septic Tank Gulag posted:

Most times you can salvage it if it crashes or gets blown apart on or close enough to solid ground. If it sinks in the sky its gone

What about when I find frames or incomplete ships lying around - any way I could steal/salvage those?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

dylguy90 posted:

You at least need a second person you can look at so you can see how angled they stand compared to the deck as your artificial horizon. Heading can be determined with the helm wind sock since wind angle is steady for that in walls.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

FileNotFound posted:

What about when I find frames or incomplete ships lying around - any way I could steal/salvage those?
Not in my very limited experience.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

FileNotFound posted:

Sometimes, you can build a shipyard nearby in such a way that it'll let you dismantle it, but even then, it's likely the parts are too damaged to remove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Septic Tank Gulag posted:

Not in my very limited experience.

That makes me very sad. Oh well. At least I managed to steal some dudes ship and now it's my ship.