Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Somebody explain merchants to me because their prices are insanely weird for both buying and selling.

If you have to just tell me the best merchants for each class of item.

I'm using Hanzo and the journeyman armorer in Novigrad for gear. Where do I sell crafting stuff and junk. Innkeepers?

Cheapest Runes I've found are from the skelligrade druid from the master alchemy quest. Also, what's the point of that quest, just that he sells re-spec potions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Midnight Voyager posted:

Rerun script merger? It may still have the scripts baked in.

I run it, but nothing shows up. It just detects that I have three mods loaded. I have it pointed to the correct directory. Refresh and Merge don't do anything.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Node posted:

I run it, but nothing shows up, like I don't have any scripts at all, when clearly I do. I have it pointed to the correct directory.

hm. Maybe you don't have any that conflict anymore? Try reinstalling the mod and then opening up Script Merger and see what it shows you. I had some weird things happen with deleting mods before clearing merges once, and that's all I can think of that would make it stick around.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

mortons stork posted:

Where am I supposed to get the maps for the Griffin set upgrades? I'm still missing a few of the enhanced pieces and I can't go up the ladder without them, but I don't know who sells the maps/where to find them. I don't want to use a guide because it's a gigantic pain in the rear end.

I actually had the same issue some weeks ago, here:

http://witcherhour.com/vendor-locations-that-sell-scavenger-hunt-maps-to-obtain-witcher-set-gear-bear-cat-griffin/

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Midnight Voyager posted:

hm. Maybe you don't have any that conflict anymore? Try reinstalling the mod and then opening up Script Merger and see what it shows you. I had some weird things happen with deleting mods before clearing merges once, and that's all I can think of that would make it stick around.

I fixed it, I think, by dragging the modautoapplyoils folder out of the witcher 3 folder entirely and placed it in my desktop. I'm not sure if that was it or not.

Where can I find lesser red mutagens? I have a few dozen blue and green, but only four reds.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Another person asked this, and I also had trouble getting red mutagens during my run so I guess they're really rare. I only managed to make a Superior Red by the endgame.

Got tons of green and blue, tho.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Node posted:

I fixed it, I think, by dragging the modautoapplyoils folder out of the witcher 3 folder entirely and placed it in my desktop. I'm not sure if that was it or not.

Where can I find lesser red mutagens? I have a few dozen blue and green, but only four reds.

Pray for death. They are super drat rare. And if you're like me and you have the DLC bug out and not grow the plant you need to transmute them, you are boned.

Honestly, I got a mod that lets me convert them with more common items.

If you really want to get them legitimately, the recommended strategy is to go to the whale graveyard in Skellige, kill all the drowners there, fast travel away, maybe rest, and go back. Repeat. You might get one a trip! you will get many more green and blue.

It's the worst, screw it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Goddamn. That article about people impulse purchasing games and not playing them was right. I just got an achievement for Finding Ciri on PS4.

26.2% of players have it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wicked Them Beats posted:

They tried to gut the Cat Witcher with a pitchfork when, based on the village elder's fancy-rear end digs, they easily could've afforded to pay his fee. Way I figure it, Geralt would've had some sympathy for a Witcher getting stabbed with a pitchfork by a group of assholes for no reason.

Cat guy definitely went overboard, but what's done is done. Killing him won't bring those (lovely) people back.

It will prevent him from going on another murder spree, considering that it's implied that he's done this multiple times before.

There are grey moral choices in this game. That isn't one of them.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Goddamn. That article about people impulse purchasing games and not playing them was right. I just got an achievement for Finding Ciri on PS4.

26.2% of players have it.

to be fair that's like 60-70+ hours into the game

it's a big game

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

SirSamVimes posted:

It will prevent him from going on another murder spree, considering that it's implied that he's done this multiple times before.

There are grey moral choices in this game. That isn't one of them.

He's a Cat, they're all assholes at the end of the day. Not saying he's a good person or it's the morally just thing to let him go, but killing him for what he might do is poor justification. By that logic Geralt has a whole laundry list of people he should kill ASAP.

Just saying that I can see Geralt, or a certain version of Geralt, letting him go.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Wanna play the Cat Witcher spin off, when bargaining instead of choosing orens you choose how many people you'll kill in your massacre

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Pray for death. They are super drat rare. And if you're like me and you have the DLC bug out and not grow the plant you need to transmute them, you are boned.

Honestly, I got a mod that lets me convert them with more common items.

If you really want to get them legitimately, the recommended strategy is to go to the whale graveyard in Skellige, kill all the drowners there, fast travel away, maybe rest, and go back. Repeat. You might get one a trip! you will get many more green and blue.

It's the worst, screw it.
B&W adds recipes in order to craft mutagens from other resources, I wonder if that's what that mod does.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

chaosapiant posted:

Berengar wasn't really a red shirt, his story arch was pretty cool actually.

yeah but he still gets chumped by azar javed real bad

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Geralt murdering innocent bystanders is fine. Sometimes he gets mad, we've all had our homicidal rage moments. Who can blame a guy for slaughtering some villagers? A subset of those villagers tried to screw me out of my contract money and kill me, which was very lovely and they deserved to die. Also the rest of the village needed to die because whoopsie! Sometimes you're just a witcher and slaugther entire villages on a whim. :shepface:

---

Geralt kills monsters.

Gaetan butchered a whole village because a few of the men hosed him on a contract and tried to kill him. I would have no problem if Gaetan just killed those who went after him, stole a ton of loot, and left town. Instead he had to kill a bunch of innocent women and children because his feelings were hurt. Gaetan suggests this isn't the first time, you need to put him down before he slaughters another village. Yeah it's lovely to get stiffed by the village elder but that doesn't justify murder. *unsheathes silver sword, slays Gaetan*

Geralt doesn't kill innocents. Sure, if you draw a weapon on him you'll be dismembered before you can blink. Don't gently caress with Geralt. But, he also does NOT kill innocents.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

B&W adds recipes in order to craft mutagens from other resources, I wonder if that's what that mod does.

The plants needed for that DO NOT IN FACT GROW in my game. No matter what I do, those plants will not grow. Not anywhere in Touissant, not in the greenhouse, not in the upgraded garden, nowhere. I can find the broken plants and not harvest from them. Can't find a fix either. No mods seem to add those drat winter cherries or any of those other things to stores either!

The mod uses a mutagen of one color + mutagen of another color + generic monster blood/bone/claw = mutagen of third color. So kinda! But it does it with stuff I can actually find, so I can live with it cluttering my alchemy menu.

The mod, for the record: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1452/

notice the useless plants in the outside part of the garden on the minimap blooming fine, but gently caress THESE PLANTS HERE, I spent way too long trying to figure out how to fix them

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 21, 2017

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Has Geralt ever intentionally killed a single innocent person? Not as far I can recall from the games or from my (admittedly incomplete) knowledge of the books.

It's ridiculous that some people suggest that Geralt can't judge Cat Witcher for what he's done. Of course he can, Geralt is a saint compared to Cat.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Those guards in Cerys's quest? :D But in general I'd say no.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
sometimes you get upset and do a genocide, nbd :shrug:

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

Senjuro posted:

Has Geralt ever intentionally killed a single innocent person? Not as far I can recall from the games or from my (admittedly incomplete) knowledge of the books.

It's ridiculous that some people suggest that Geralt can't judge Cat Witcher for what he's done. Of course he can, Geralt is a saint compared to Cat.

The whole Renfri deal in "The Lesser Evil" was a complete moral clusterfuck. Depending on your point of view, Geralt may be responsible for the loss of life that occured. In fact, apart from Stregobor being his acquaintance, he had no business or point interfering in the first place and should've just walked away from the situation.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Pellisworth posted:

sometimes you get upset and do a genocide, nbd :shrug:

Are you sure it wasn't a holocaust that happened in the village :downs:

Senjuro posted:

Geralt slew three people that tried to throw him out of a tavern in Vizima because he wanted people to fear him and stay out of his way. Geralt's was the only weapon drawn.

Senjuro posted:

Once you have done enough good deeds you can become a wandering executioner?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

While Renfri had a legit beef with the wizard, slaughtering random townpeople to get at him put her in the vilain category so Geralt was morally justified in stopping that I'd say.

Trogdos! posted:

Geralt slew three people that tried to throw him out of a tavern in Vizima because he wanted people to fear him and stay out of his way. Geralt's was the only weapon drawn.

Meanwhile the cat witcher would kill those three, the innkeeper and his wife, the serving maids and any other patrons that just happened to be drinking there that day.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jun 21, 2017

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

A page late but thanks, very helpful. These quests could have stood to be done better.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Trogdos! posted:

Is that from the books?

Trogdos! posted:

Once you have done enough good deeds you can become a wandering executioner?

It at least means that Geralt isn't being a hypocrite if he kills him. But one way or another Cat Witcher needed to die (or rot in prison for the rest of his life if you prefer but that wasn't an option) and the sooner the better before he has another chance to go on a rampage.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Senjuro posted:

Is that from the books?

Yes, it's from The Witcher short story, the first one Sapkowski wrote. That's the one where he cures Foltest's daughter of her striganess, and it's the intro movie to W1 as well.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

That's still a magnitude different than Gaetan. If Geralt had killed those three (aggressive) men, then murdered the rest of the village because "what else could he do", that'd be the same thing.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
If it happens so early in the series (the very first story in the very first book from what I've gathered) I'd just chalk it up to Sapkowski not settling on Geralt's personality yet because that incident sounds pretty out of character with how he's later portrayed.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

That's still a magnitude different than Gaetan. If Geralt had killed those three (aggressive) men, then murdered the rest of the village because "what else could he do", that'd be the same thing.

I kind of just write that scene off as Sapkowski just wanting to show how much of a badass Geralt is and not having his character locked down yet. The story also features Geralt using the guy who seems to have cursed her as bait, which IIRC was completely pointless in the actual process of fighting the striga.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Finished up Bald Mountain.

Goddamn is fighting as Ciri annoying. The 3 crones were such a boring fight. Also I left the acorn on top of the mountain because I'm a dummy and it took forever to find my way back up there. HOWEVER, there were some great sword diagrams up there after the fight in the caves and around the mountain.

Highly recommend everyone poke around if they haven't.

Also the villagers hang around there I guess in perpetuity so you can witness oblivious people hang around while foglets commit wolf genocide.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
I wonder if there are people that let Cat Witcher go and also killed Dettlaff or the other way around. I'd love to know the reasoning behind it.

Senjuro fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 21, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Senjuro posted:

I wonder if there are people that let Cat Witcher go and also killed Dettlaff or the other way around. I've love to know the reasoning behind it.

I was hoping he'd come back to Kaer Morhen and have a drink with us, okay?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Senjuro posted:

If it happens so early in the series (the very first story in the very first book from what I've gathered) I'd just chalk it up to Sapkowski not settling on Geralt's personality yet because that incident sounds pretty out of character with how he's later portrayed.

Agreed, that is not how my friend Geralt would behave.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Senjuro posted:

I wonder if there are people that let Cat Witcher go and also killed Dettlaff or the other way around. I'd love to know the reasoning behind it.

B&W ending spoilers: Maybe I already forgot about the details because of my terrible memory, but the path I took (free Syanna) seemed to explicitly be the one that had the largest chances of ending without killing Detlaff, but then I don't think was never really given a choice. He just tried to kill her and the boss fight started.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Finished up Bald Mountain.

Goddamn is fighting as Ciri annoying. The 3 crones were such a boring fight.

I feel who does which section here should have been switched.

GrossMurpel posted:

B&W ending spoilers:]

This changes depending on if you did an optional thing get the ribbon, if she has it she teleports away and he goes berserk. Without it she gets killed - and I asume at this point Geralt can spare him?

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 21, 2017

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
It's weird to reason letting the Cat Witcher go because Geralt would've done the same in his place because something similar does happen at the very beginning of the game at White Orchard. Some dicks get angry at witchers, draw their swords and you kill them all. But not the Innkeeper who kicks you out or the entire village who had nothing to do with it.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Samuringa posted:

It's weird to reason letting the Cat Witcher go because Geralt would've done the same in his place because something similar does happen at the very beginning of the game at White Orchard. Some dicks get angry at witchers, draw their swords and you kill them all. But not the Innkeeper who kicks you out or the entire village who had nothing to do with it.

It's not that Geralt did the same thing, its that he has done close enough to the same thing that being Gaetan's executioner may not be something Geralt feels willing to do.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
I'm probably going to be proven wrong by someone in like the very next post but I can't imagine anyone would let Gaetan go if they caught him in the middle of the slaughter. What difference does it make if we caught him afterwards instead?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Senjuro posted:

I'm probably going to be proven wrong by someone in like the very next post but I can't imagine anyone would let Gaetan go if they caught him in the middle of the slaughter. What difference does it make if we caught him afterwards instead?

If you catch him in the middle of the slaughter you could maybe save some people so there's a much stronger case to intervene. If you catch him afterwards, what's done is done. Regardless of what you choose, you won't save anyone.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Bold Robot posted:

If you catch him in the middle of the slaughter you could maybe save some people so there's a much stronger case to intervene. If you catch him afterwards, what's done is done. Regardless of what you choose, you won't save anyone.

Sure you will, his next victim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I think we can just accept that the game is willing to let you make bad choices (like kill trolls). If you do your Geralt is a bad person but rear end in a top hat Geralt is a valid choice, games letting you be evil is nothing new.

If you try and justify it as anything else, yea no, this is like siding with the legion in fallout new vegas.