Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ramadu posted:

Come to the Suns lebron and kyrie we can keep you in your primes forever

*fired up the old man Lazarus pits*

Remember that one time in the Summer of 2014 when the Suns landed a meeting with LeBron's agent (not LeBron, just his agent) and the team sold it as this huge deal? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Soon we will learn of the Quantum Lebron, who is imminently soon to sign with all teams simultaneously

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ramadu posted:

Come to the Suns lebron and kyrie we can keep you in your primes forever

*fired up the old man Lazarus pits*

Have I mentioned recently that the Timberwolves practice facility shares their building with the Mayo Clinic's sports medicine facility?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If LeBron leaves, the Cleveland wrath will be on Gilbert this time, not LeBron.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

zoux posted:

If Lebron leaves Cleveland again, I assume it wouldn't reach The Decision levels of rage but would it be worse than KD leaving OKC?

Nothing will ever be worse than KD joining Golden State because he was an MVP-tier player who left his team to join a 70-win team that was his main rival.

I'm sorry but I don't think anything like that will ever happen again in our lifetime.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Thirteenth Place Triple Towers

unless im misremembering the smoothie king arena is in the third ward

third ward triple towers. make it happen nba

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cavs should go all in this season, try to get a 4th star somehow, even if it means giving up picks that will be high lottery. We will never have this chance again. Also, when Lebron leaves, we can dump JR and Sjumpert in the Kyrie deal and probably get a nice pick back too. Too bad no FA's will sign here with Gilbert around so whatevs. Those picks will be the new Nets picks. Such is life without Lebron.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Michael Corleone posted:

Cavs should go all in this season, try to get a 4th star somehow, even if it means giving up picks that will be high lottery. We will never have this chance again. Also, when Lebron leaves, we can dump JR and Sjumpert in the Kyrie deal and probably get a nice pick back too. Too bad no FA's will sign here with Gilbert around so whatevs. Those picks will be the new Nets picks. Such is life without Lebron.

where are the Cavs going to get high lottery picks?

e; unless you mean that they should sell other team's on their future picks eventually being high b/c lebron is leaving

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

BWV posted:

where are the Cavs going to get high lottery picks?

The only way to get a star without giving up a Big 3 piece is to trade unprotected picks in 21' and later, or get an idiot to trade for our garbage players.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/877375974475747330

:allears:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The picks they've given away over the next few years have protections in case the Cavs get bad again. Another reason Griffin is a cool dude.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/877577049791119360

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

oh, its time for the annual Daryl Morey chases superstars in free agency stuff!

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/877577049791119360

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/877577882922504192

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Poor Ryan Anderson will turn into a Bellini nomad

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/877578395793543168?s=09

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Please don't bring Kyle Lowry back

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/footlocker/status/877330388510580736

Fox in a Bulls uniform

:thunk:

also lmao Lonzo Ball shade.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Of these guys, only Lowry seems like a Moreyball guy to me.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Ryan Anderson plays 0 defense, correct?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I don't know that I like CP3 in Houston. I don't think it helps getting the ball out of Harden's hands when you don't really have other weapons that CP3 could use all that well.

Love Griffin or Millsap in Houston though.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah as someone who is admittedly not an expert at harden's off-ball game i feel like he and paul would overlap a lot on offense

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

blake on the rockets would be the closest thing to the harden/dwight/bosh superteam they almost had

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Look how stupid I am

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah as someone who is admittedly not an expert at harden's off-ball game i feel like he and paul would overlap a lot on offense

however, they are both basketball evil geniuses. Imagine the terror they could cook up together with their combined villainous minds. they would make people more mad than the warriors

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
a candid peek into my apartment

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

chris paul is a bad fit but hes chris paul, you make him fit. Lowry, meh. Milsap I guess. Blake? Sure, why not

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't think CP3 and Harden would work but I really want to see it. It'll either be a hilarious disaster or super fun.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I have no idea how reliable this guy is but it showed up in the hoops hype rumors section.
https://twitter.com/peteredmiston/status/877535007123886080

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

the chris paul idea makes sense in this context https://theringer.com/nba-free-agency-chris-paul-houston-5cecc069ad2c

which trimmed down more or less is the argument that the warriors are so good and unstoppable the only way to beat them is try something incredibly absurd and nba breaking. I think Morey basically agrees with that and thats where the idea of shooting 5 million 3s comes from. I dunno if it would actually work but given Morey's mindset chasing chris paul to try to put him beside harden sounds exactly like a thing he would do.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

NEW WRINKLE TO THE STORY
https://twitter.com/andyblarsen/status/877257839512649728

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Jesus Christ...

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

lmao

Ainge Jr is def a Republican and I hope he fails

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Haha come onnnnnnnnnn

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

It's so outrageous that I believe it is a possibility

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
If there's anything that I've learned from dating a wayward mormon its that all mormon family members secretly hate each other. He's doing it on purpose.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:lol:

:lol:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Extra!! Extra!! Wayward Hayward to Boston!!

the headlines'd scream

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
You want to know the funniest thing about the D'Angelo trade?

The Nets also had the 22nd pick. Magic and Pelinka suck at negotiating so much, they couldn't get the Nets to throw in the 22nd instead of the 27th pick

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Jesus Christ...

Latter Day Celtics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

In exchange for signing Hayward and costing his son the election, Danny agrees to endorse him in any mayoral race in a city of no more than 10k people and his position as president of the book club. His son will also get to pick the location of the next family Christmas as long as the temperature of the location is not below a certain point

• Locked thread