Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Epic High Five posted:

I wish I didn't know people who are going to die under the AHCA, so I could be more excited for it. It's pretty much an absolutely critical step toward the only scenario where this country gets UHC

What if i told you uhc is a lie you tell yourself as the priests of greed tear out your heart on the altar and there is only darkness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Montasque posted:

this guy could beat Trump.

a modern day Cincinnatus

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fits my needs posted:

Nah I just follow the twitters of local stations in garbage states for the overlooked economically anxious rural white stories overlooked by the MSM

interesting

orange sky
May 7, 2007

lol if the AHCA actually passes

just a while ago someone in this thread was like "yeah no poo poo it passed the house but there's no way it'll pass the senate"

lol if it does

no healthcare for you, poors!

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

lol i hope all the trump-voting gulf states get hyperfucked by storms before FEMA gets staffed

edit: who am i kidding, it will be poor black people who get hosed the worst :smith:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Uranium 235 posted:

lol i hope all the trump-voting gulf states get hyperfucked by storms before FEMA gets staffed

FEMA won't be staffed

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Uranium 235 posted:

fema ain't getting staffed unless a non-republican takes office :w00t:

also the state department
also the education department
also the labor dept

also...

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Uranium 235 posted:

so much for the tolerant left

Serf
May 5, 2011

orange sky posted:

just a while ago someone in this thread was like "yeah no poo poo it passed the house but there's no way it'll pass the senate"

lol if it does

how many times does the unthinkable have to happen before we accept that literally anything is now possible

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

orange sky posted:

lol if it does

Or middle class or cancer patients or pregnant women or rape victims or

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

What if i told you uhc is a lie you tell yourself as the priests of greed tear out your heart on the altar and there is only darkness

I'd believe you entirely

I didn't say it's likely to happen, just that this is the only possible path

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Uranium 235 posted:

edit: who am i kidding, it will be poor black people who get hosed the worst :smith:

Trump will handle everything directly

he isn't doing anything, after all

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

orange sky posted:

lol if it does

Yeah no poo poo it passed the Senate but there's no way it'll pass Trump's desk

(lol)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fits my needs posted:

Nah I just follow the twitters of local stations in garbage states for the overlooked economically anxious rural white stories overlooked by the MSM

schadenfarming

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

we haven't had a particularly destructive hurricane season in like a decade. sure there have been a few big ones but Florida got hit by like six consecutive hurricanes in 2004 and I want to see that again. drown this worthless loving state COME ON

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Uranium 235 posted:

cool i too hope thousands of poor people lose their homes it really owns

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The AHCA absolutely will pass

It may not pass in the specific version that the House Republicans wrote, but it absolutely 100% will pass the Senate and be signed by Trump

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I did a thing posted:

you need to write a memoir. i'd honestly read it.

I wouldn't read it but if he stops posting pages of livejournal posts I'll support it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I hope a cat 5 hurricane comes back again because :airquote: global warming :airquote: makes the waters so much warmer that the super hurricane goes right at Mar A Lago again, of course please spare Vanilla Ice if you can in this act of retribution.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDezfo2w1gY

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

D1E posted:

Yeah I just realized I hadn't seen anyone posting about Pittsburgh every single loving day or telling people to go outside and do something healthy every time goons started talking about their favorite TV shows or movies.

dont worry tayne i got this michael douglas' eye be upon you

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

consumed by normies posted:

what i really like about the current state of affairs is that the rich refuse to diversify from the american dollar and are doing everything in their power to sink it at the same time

that's the self-own angle people should be looking at

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

orange sky
May 7, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

It may not pass in the specific version that the House Republicans wrote, but it absolutely 100% will pass the Senate and be signed by Trump

Has there ever been such a legislative attempt by democrats? Did they ever pass such a bill without consulting Rs for at least a day?

I mean gently caress, you'd expect people's blood to be boiling by now, I'm surprised there isn't much more violence.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Uranium 235 posted:

a category 420 hurricane :q:

:rznv:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

:hfive::same:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
natural accelerationism is fine

its mother earth getting over a humans bug by having a fever you see :o:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

schadenfarming

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

if you think about it, louisiana should really always be in a state of emergency, for various reasons

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

rear end cobra posted:

gently caress ronaldo

Why do you hate the perfect athlete so much?

He's the best, breaking all the records, scoring all the goals.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
🌀 ~love that chicken from popeye's~ 🌀

Serf
May 5, 2011

orange sky posted:

Has there ever been such a legislative attempt by democrats? Did they ever pass such a bill without consulting Rs for at least a day?

I mean gently caress, you'd expect people's blood to be boiling by now, I'm surprised there isn't much more violence.

there is a definite myth that this is how obamacare got passed lol

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Montasque posted:

this guy could beat Trump.

Yea but it's Chelsea's turn

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

orange sky posted:

A guy shot another guys dick off through the butthole

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

SKULL.GIF posted:

Even if it doesn't pass (which it will) it's all smoke and mirrors because the Trump administration can just choke off Obamacare by not making any payments and never face any repercussions for breaking the law.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
If Kanye and Mike Myers hosted a Cindy relief telethon and Kanye said "Donald Trump doesn't care about black people", the new scandal would be that Kanye personally has turned on Trump by telling the truth. What a change from 12 years ago!

(Also Mike Myers would be remembered for a second by his proximity so thatd be a nice day for him)

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mariana Horchata posted:

~love that chicken from popeye's~

Bojangles is the superior chicken restaurant

There I said it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge%27s_law_of_headlines

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i would definitely love hearing winter haven probation office stories to see what i missed out on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Yea but it's Chelsea's turn

wow please take EPL talk to the sports forum thx

• Locked thread