Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

hilariously she's being chased off the street and since she's been slashing the gently caress out of cops they aren't particularly keen to help her out much
Indeed.

The head of the police saying there was no "magic police tree" after she asked them to redeploy street officers to do counterterrorism work was pretty choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

theres a quote by jacob riis which owns: "When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

~nothing matters~ is a mantra not to say that things have never mattered, or that things will never matter again. it is instead a way of looking at the world and accepting that the good and dignity you put into it might be taken by it with no apparent effect. it is to accept that your individual snowflake being added to the mountainside has an almost impossibly small chance of being the one that causes the avalanche, that you might not even be alive to see the change, while still understanding that not only is your contribution important and worth doing, but essential

change comes to the world in aggregate, in tidal shifts, that you have no control over. all you can do is help others in the small ways you can, and be as good a person as you can be, and discard that nagging voice in your head that says you are eternal and you will always be rewarded per some running karmic tab. because when change does come, it's those millions of little things you did, the smiles, the risks, the laughter, the rejection of stupid social mores, the adherence to your own truths, the love that you exude, all those things that will define how the world changes and in what shapes and forms the world will take

Except smoothbrained liberals aren't even using a chisel. They are pouring bottled water on the stone in the midst of a hot summer day in the hopes it erodes eventually.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah! posted:

Day crew drink the milk

Drink the piss

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Iron Crowned posted:

I actually gave The Adventure Zone 4 episodes because I really wanted to like it, but no, it's bad

actually, it's good

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I'm glad I live in a place that the current DNC refuses to spend money on because holy poo poo their get out the vote give us more money stuff is bad to the point of being an active turnoff.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
For the two people who gave me e-hugs about it: My grandma was in better shape than I was expecting, and was reportedly eating even though I heard she stopped, but I still suspect that was the last time I got to be with her unless I can get back down there on the weekend. She doesn't seem uncomfortable, just not very responsive most of the time.

Which is about the best you can ask out of an old age death.

Inshallah.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
https://twitter.com/Kevin_Maguire/status/877528654305275904

It's loving amazing how much one person can own.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

good news for tory policy: theresa may's head of policy has quit

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Except smoothbrained liberals aren't even using a chisel. They are pouring bottled water on the stone in the midst of a hot summer day in the hopes it erodes eventually.

give it time! like millions of years!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Sooooo... I guess the Roseanne reboot is cancelled?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

she's jewish so it's being taken out of context. it's batshit crazy, not batshit crazy and anti-Semitic.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

i thought the Connors being part jew was canon?

she done lost her drat mind.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

change my name posted:

actually, it's good

I don't understand how

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

theres a quote by jacob riis which owns: "When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

~nothing matters~ is a mantra not to say that things have never mattered, or that things will never matter again. it is instead a way of looking at the world and accepting that the good and dignity you put into it might be taken by it with no apparent effect. it is to accept that your individual snowflake being added to the mountainside has an almost impossibly small chance of being the one that causes the avalanche, that you might not even be alive to see the change, while still understanding that not only is your contribution important and worth doing, but essential

change comes to the world in aggregate, in tidal shifts, that you have no control over. all you can do is help others in the small ways you can, and be as good a person as you can be, and discard that nagging voice in your head that says you are eternal and you will always be rewarded per some running karmic tab. because when change does come, it's those millions of little things you did, the smiles, the risks, the laughter, the rejection of stupid social mores, the adherence to your own truths, the love that you exude, all those things that will define how the world changes and in what shapes and forms the world will take

:yeah::agreed::omarcomin::same:

bump_fn posted:

has your dad ever said he's socially liberal but fiscally conservative

my dad is south african so hard yes :ironicat:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

possibly the worst post in the thread, kudos

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

BUSH 2112 posted:

the problem is assuming that they're rational and acting in good faith

gop politicians don't care, because they're rich and their friends are rich, and poors don't really matter to them because they don't know any. gop voters don't care because they're racist and stupid as gently caress, and as long as a sexually repressed man in a red tie tells them what they want to hear they'll push the R-button like a pigeon in a skinner box and scream into the aether about DUMBOCRAP EMAILS

the gop politicians are also largely as insane as their base these days

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Future FEMA director

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Goulston Street graffito was a sentence written on a wall beside a clue in the 1888 Whitechapel murders investigation. It has been transcribed as variations on the sentence "The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing". The meaning of the graffito, and its possible connection to the crimes attributed to Jack the Ripper, have been debated for over a century.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Jeb!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Roseanne twitter is like the evil sister of Cher twitter

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

welp

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Roseanne twitter is like the evil sister of Cher twitter

It's really lacking in the emoji department yeah

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

possibly the worst post in the thread, kudos

give them time to see beyond the party systems and all political ideologies, very difficult with cups full to the brim of presumable knowledge

the truth is, the cup is empty and we dont know what the gently caress we're doing or know really but the observable truth by the empty cup allows us to acquire different purposes with it

make your time wisely with your own empty cup, the machinations are older than the universe itself.

namaste

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

mormonpartyboat posted:

I like and appreciate this post. Thank you for making it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

lol

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/877582177025761280

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Roseanne twitter is like the evil sister of Laurie Metcalf twitter

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i can't believe how much of a shithead she's turned into

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

The best part about Corbyn is how much Obama hated him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/griffski/status/877316902170873856

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

triple sulk posted:

i can't believe how much of a shithead she's turned into

I saw her in Vegas after my brother's wedding just two years ago and I remember her getting a little ranty but nothing anywhere near the level of crazy she's reached now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Brother Friendship posted:

The best part about Corbyn is how much Obama hated him.

I really hope historical review takes a giant poo poo on bill and barack for enabling so much of the poo poo we're dealing with today

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

*Corbyn fights for his ideals instead of folding immediately*

Obama: You can't do that on television!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

corbyn owns

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

brugroffil posted:

I saw her in Vegas after my brother's wedding just two years ago and I remember her getting a little ranty but nothing anywhere near the level of crazy she's reached now.

i'm glad she'll probably end up losing her stupid reboot over this

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

I really hope historical review takes a giant poo poo on bill and barack for enabling so much of the poo poo we're dealing with today

Like all great things, it starts in C-Spam.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

give it time! like millions of years!

Sure we all know that the procedures for stone breaking were written by the Stone Intactists to curb the uncontrolled desires of the hungry mob. Such negativity really doesn't do justice to our fine machinery and traditions, however.

Do the naysayers forget when the people became so furious at the lack of results and usable pieces of stone that the rules buckled, strained, almost collapsed until a small chisel was used to crack a edge piece? Why I think we marveled at that piece of progress for years.

No, we can't just use chisels from now on. That would be violating Intactism.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

brugroffil posted:

the gop politicians are also largely as insane as their base these days

its cause the tea partiers actually voted. and the republican plan to grease the electoral gears in their favor created an environment where the even-more-insane candidates could run successfully. and that they get all their information from AM talk radio and gut feelings.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I give podcasts 3 episodes before declaring them bad. Nightvale failed miserably, same with every McElroy podcast I've tried.

holy poo poo, i have to commend you for really staying on-brand with the whole "bad opinions" thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

make your time wisely with your own empty cup

oh yeah that reminds me i need to get limes today

thanks!!!

• Locked thread