Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Is there a way to straighten a ML Wolverine's claws other than (a) buying the metal replacements off the Internet or (b) getting over it and not even trying? Both old man Logan and the Wolverine from a few waves ago have crazy pigeon-toed claws that are attracted to each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Mentioned on last page, but anyone have the Brood Queen's wings and the side legs from Black Knight. I managed to get the head, front legs, and torso (with Racheal) on ebay along with the side legs from Bucky and tail from Daaku Shinsei.

Also still looking for Dormandu's arm from comic Dr Strange and Sand Man arms (don't need the black costume Spiderman fists, as I have them).

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Is there a way to straighten a ML Wolverine's claws other than (a) buying the metal replacements off the Internet or (b) getting over it and not even trying? Both old man Logan and the Wolverine from a few waves ago have crazy pigeon-toed claws that are attracted to each other.

Pull them out and rearrange them. You might get lucky and they'll line up.

Casting Cave also has plastic recasts that are curved, but they're joined at the base and slot in kinda like brass knuckles. Could try those?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Something about this one is giving me real uncanny valley vibes.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
In case anyone here wants to pick NECA's SDCC exclusives

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/876872166528167941

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dang it. I got a 50$ coupon in the mail for sideshow, on stuff above 200$, and the endoskeleton I want is 199.95. They can't adjust the price to let me use it :argh:

Looks like I'm grabbing the bvs wonder woman.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Sweet, was able to order the big TMNT box set. $200 is a bit much, but the only Turtle figure I have prior of anyone here is Krang with his big mech body. I don't even have any of the turtles.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Rirse posted:

Sweet, was able to order the big TMNT box set. $200 is a bit much, but the only Turtle figure I have prior of anyone here is Krang with his big mech body. I don't even have any of the turtles.

Had a meeting run long and missed the window. Goddammit. I suppose I will die Shredderless now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

funtax posted:

Had a meeting run long and missed the window. Goddammit. I suppose I will die Shredderless now.

They will open more preorders tomorrow and the wednesday. You'll have to be quick though, according to Randy they sold out the entire allotment for today in three minutes.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

All I want is Krang and I'm not paying $200 for the goddam thing.

Did anyone get Shaw from the NECA Prometheus line? I'm dying to know whether the head from her David accessory fits on the old David figure but I can't seem to find anyone on the internet that's tried it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

All I want is Krang and I'm not paying $200 for the goddam thing.

Did anyone get Shaw from the NECA Prometheus line? I'm dying to know whether the head from her David accessory fits on the old David figure but I can't seem to find anyone on the internet that's tried it.

At this point the 3P Krang might become the cheap one

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The NECA 1/4 scale turtles are the best ever made. I just got Leo and it is another masterpiece. Mikey comes out in a couple of months and that'll be all of them. With the Playmates 6 inch cartoon turtles from a few years back I don't think I will ever have to buy another turtle again.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
No clue when does it ship so I can see how they scale, but is there any pictures of last year's TMNT figures with the old Playmates ones from the early 90s?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They will open more preorders tomorrow and the wednesday.

Yay!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

You'll have to be quick though, according to Randy they sold out the entire allotment for today in three minutes.

Opposite of "Yay!"

Guess I'll be cancelling a meeting tomorrow to make sure I can buy toys on the internet.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Finished the last member of my Sinister Six, Mysterio! This one took me forever

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doing all those lines must have been rough.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Is the quilting seriously just meticulously applied and etched putty, or did you somehow etch the plastic itself?

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Is the quilting seriously just meticulously applied and etched putty, or did you somehow etch the plastic itself?

Yeah its all sculpted. I couldn't figure out a good way to etch the plastic consistently

I made a full tutorial of how it was done on my website and I go into how it was done in detail. Spoiler its not clever just brute force.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

TouchToneDialing posted:

Yeah its all sculpted. I couldn't figure out a good way to etch the plastic consistently

I made a full tutorial of how it was done on my website and I go into how it was done in detail. Spoiler its not clever just brute force.

As someone who customizes I think people sometimes make too big a deal out of some of your customs, probably because it's like a magic trick-- "oh, I know how he did that." This, though, is a goddam masterpiece. That's incredible work, every step chosen and executed perfectly. I can tell Mysterio is one of your favorites because you didn't take the easier (less good-looking) option at any point. Bravo, seriously.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You're a loving beast.

E: I just read the entire tutorial. Those companies should be ashamed - you do so well.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 21, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

You're a loving beast.

E: I just read the entire tutorial. Those companies should be ashamed - you do so well.

Why should they be ashamed that someone can spend hours making a great figure while they can design something that can be mass produced for $20? They're different things.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Why should they be ashamed that someone can spend hours making a great figure while they can design something that can be mass produced for $20? They're different things.

Yep. Tons of super talented people work for hasbro but they have huge limitations I dont. If I charged minimum wage for every hour I spent working on this, it would make hot toys look super cheap.

The company that did the Toybiz sculpts has what the figures looked like before they were made to be mass produced and they look like custom repaints of the released figures.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For those wanting to buy Neca's exclusives

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/877529738063085569

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Check their site a few minutes early. That how I was able to order it last time, as it was up at 12:56.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

TouchToneDialing posted:

This is seriously awesome, good job.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

As someone who customizes I think people sometimes make too big a deal out of some of your customs, probably because it's like a magic trick-- "oh, I know how he did that." This, though, is a goddam masterpiece. That's incredible work, every step chosen and executed perfectly. I can tell Mysterio is one of your favorites because you didn't take the easier (less good-looking) option at any point. Bravo, seriously.

I customize and am usually most impressed with the lack of shortcuts taken by him. I sometimes will just say "no, I'm not cracking those shoulders", because I've had too many bad experiences and don't want to spend six days playing emergency figure surgery, just to MINIMIZE paint rub (I don't think I've ever outright eliminated it by doing anything proactive), causing three new problems, with so many things in my pipeline. Paint's not perfect? Mehhh, going on my shelf anyways.

These figures are something else in that regard.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Donde Esta posted:

I customize and am usually most impressed with the lack of shortcuts taken by him. I sometimes will just say "no, I'm not cracking those shoulders", because I've had too many bad experiences and don't want to spend six days playing emergency figure surgery, just to MINIMIZE paint rub (I don't think I've ever outright eliminated it by doing anything proactive), causing three new problems, with so many things in my pipeline. Paint's not perfect? Mehhh, going on my shelf anyways.

These figures are something else in that regard.

Totally agreed on paint rub, I've tried lots of sanding and dremeling and crying and nothing seems to help much. At least with humanoid figures, it's not as bad with robots.

But yeah, I can do all that stuff (painting, sculpting, molding, casting, pinning, soft goods, etc.) but that Mysterio is all that stuff combined and done as well or better than me on my best and luckiest day. I mean drat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pretty sure the design on that cape is more work than I've ever put in anything.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That Mysterio is awesome. Checked out a few others on the site and that Doc Ock is incredible.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

TouchToneDialing please crack the much-attempted and never successful Marvel Legends Toad project so I can copy your work k thx.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL

TouchToneDialing posted:

Great work, dude. Do you take custom requests? And do you have size limits?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

GoldfishStew posted:

this is the lamest gimmick

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Looks like the Marvel Legends Cyclops/Dark Phoenix 2-pack is showing up at TRUs with no street date preventing people from buying it. I'll gladly pay anybody back here if they can pick it up for me, even have a Marvel Legends Deadpool MIB I can trade if that's tantalizing.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Seriously in awe of your work. I'm a huge fan of the Sinister Six and I gotta say great job on all of them.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Thanks guys!

TouchToneDialing please crack the much-attempted and never successful Marvel Legends Toad project so I can copy your work k thx.

Ha I cant imagine I would ever want to do a Toad. He would probably be a totally re sculpt of something but I guess the tongue is the hard part with him.

You could probably just sculpt a long tongue , make a cast then cast it in rubber with a wire in the center. Boom poseable tongue. The rest of it would just be sculpting which isnt super complicated to figure out.

GoldfishStew posted:

Iv never done any commission work or sold any customs. I wouldn't really enjoy doing someone elses project and I have a regular job so it doesn't make sense for me to sell them for what someone would want to pay for one.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

TouchToneDialing posted:

Jumping on the "this is awesome work" wagon. Read the whole tutorial as well, wish I had that level of skill and patience. Obviously everything looks great but that cape especially is badass.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I got lucky today while stopping at work.

Black Panther is there since I got the Walmart exclusive one in yesterday and wanted a picture of him as well.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Rirse posted:

I got lucky today while stopping at work.

Black Panther is there since I got the Walmart exclusive one in yesterday and wanted a picture of him as well.

Wowsers! What state are you in? I keep calling every 4 days or so in NY since they've hit and I keep getting told no one in the area has them.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Donde Esta posted:

Wowsers! What state are you in? I keep calling every 4 days or so in NY since they've hit and I keep getting told no one in the area has them.

Indiana. Guess on Fwoosh another Indiana Toys R Us had them out today too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'm also looking for the 2-pack and will shoot out money ASAP if someone comes across one!