Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fits my needs posted:

I have no idea what your post means but that sounds really loving boring and white if true :rznv:

The McElroys podcasts are the whitest podcasts. They seriously have at least 200 of them among them and the only one I can stand on occasion is Sawbones. For some reason it seems like every other episode of Sawbones ends up interesting enough that I don't delete it, but then the next week I really want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Yinlock posted:

The Democrat base has moved way further left than where the American public is and at a time we seem to be in a pendulum swing back to the right, that could hurt them. As they start challenging Democrat incumbents with more liberal activists and start winning primaries in swing seats with radical progressives, they risk their ability to win.

You can't risk what you don't have though

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fits my needs posted:

I have no idea what your post means but that sounds really loving boring and white if true :rznv:

they make a lot of bizarre stream of consciousness jokes instead of jokes about how so and so is a total fucker

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
McElroys are funny, talented, and extremely prolific. There is podcast content for years in those mines.

Adventure zone alone is worthy of a listen.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
baloogan did you do the terror

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i watched Edge of Tomorrow last night and it's actually a pretty good and funny movie with some sweet-rear end looking aliens

and then i learned it was adapted from an anime novel lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

The Democrat base has moved way further left than where the American public is and at a time we seem to be in a pendulum swing back to the right, that could hurt them. As they start challenging Democrat incumbents with more liberal activists and start winning primaries in swing seats with radical progressives, they risk their ability to win.

This take is so Cucknadian 🇨🇦

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

why listen to podcasts when i can just listen to my own anxious thoughts?

and liberals supposedly wanted diversity

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Bilirubin posted:

I'm the casually placed pencil

lol if you dont hide weapons writing instruments and drugs in your hair

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Yinlock posted:

yeah, the problem with the dems is that they aren't milquetoast enough

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!

Stinky Wizzleteats has issued a correction as of 19:15 on Jun 21, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

justin is good griffin is good with justin travis is a human slog

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Yinlock posted:

as opposed to now, where they are....also not winning

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Bert Roberge posted:

Mods please move this thread into Rapidly Going Deaf during day crew hours.

i find most podcasts try too hard even tho they are already scripted/pre-recorded...plus all the social media tie in shiet - and eventually it always becomes so apparently and u just stop caring

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
owned

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/877589301789212674

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ex post facho posted:

i watched Edge of Tomorrow last night and it's actually a pretty good and funny movie with some sweet-rear end looking aliens

and then i learned it was adapted from an anime novel lol

the best part of edge of tomorrow is that they said "actually tom cruise should not be a loving action hero lol" and made that the core of his character

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Griffin McElroy is some kind of internet anomaly — a white guy with a wide fanbase who doesnt turn into a defensive shithead when challenged and will apologize when he screws up

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

#theresistance

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

paranoid randroid posted:

Griffin McElroy is some kind of internet anomaly — a white guy with a wide fanbase who doesnt turn into a defensive shithead when challenged and will apologize when he screws up

also he puts amiibos in his mouth, as a job

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mariana Horchata posted:

hey my dad used to be a union organizer when he werked construction in the 60s :) 🌹🏗️🏙️👷🏻‍♂️
lol my dad was the culmination of centuries of modern medical technology

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mariana Horchata posted:

i find most podcasts try too hard even tho they are already scripted/pre-recorded...plus all the social media tie in shiet - and eventually it always becomes so apparently and u just stop caring

also they all have the same 5 advertisers

blue apron
meundies
seat geek
ziprecruiter
audible

that's it, that's the list

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if he feels threatened by this he's legally allowed to shoot them

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"i'm not owned!! i'm not owned!!" I continue to insist as I slowly triangulate into an ever-shrinking proportion of the U.S. congress

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i like them

in comparison last time i tuned into chapo it was the corbyn episode and they decided to use corbyn's victory to start talking about how their decision to not vote was 100% justified, because reasons

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Admiral Ray posted:

why listen to podcasts when i can just listen to my own anxious thoughts?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

the best part of edge of tomorrow is that they said "actually tom cruise should not be a loving action hero lol" and made that the core of his character
yeah com truise is a little too chill for all that shootin an fightin

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

the name mcelroy reminds me too much of wendy mcelroy so i associate him with her. it is not a good association.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Vertical Lime posted:

blue apron
meundies
seat geek
ziprecruiter
audible

blue apron
meundies
crunchyroll
casper
leesa

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ya the status quo in the Dem party is literally lose everything forever no matter what

literally anything else is good because the only thing that matters is winning

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Yinlock posted:

source your quotes

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yinlock posted:

i like them

in comparison last time i tuned into chapo it was the corbyn episode and they decided to use corbyn's victory to start talking about how their decision to not vote was 100% justified, because reasons

lmao

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Yinlock posted:

i like them

ah i see they had Joementum on that day as a guest

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Yinlock posted:

Better not risk the much renowned ability of democrats to win :ohdear:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

source your quotes

from the article in the tweet i quoted

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

fits my needs posted:

I'm guessing those podcasts and he chapo demographic overlap a lot

jesus loving christ

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

he got away with it though - he'll probably wear the jumpsuit at some event and republicans will eat it up when they see the photos

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

blue apron
meundies
seat geek
ziprecruiter
audible

i remember when every podcast was sponsored by adam and eve and people used to listen to marc maron

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

im tryna remember if i have ever listened to a podcast🤔
i dont think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Vertical Lime posted:

blue apron
meundies
seat geek