Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
NOT why I come to the suck zone :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that randy bryce has some good retweets

https://twitter.com/Cog_Dis/status/877489502369001472

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Suck me ossoff

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Darkman Fanpage posted:

loving BERNIE SANDERS

Go on... :fap:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

paranoid randroid posted:

small brain: MIC is good
normal brain: humanitarian intervention is good
awakened brain: interventionism is bad
galaxy brain: destroy the MIC
universe brain with Google Ron Paul spelled out across celestial firmament: reinstate letters of marque and reprisal

sid meier's pirates! was a good, if shallow, game and I hope some enterprising game dev takes another crack at age-of-piracy simulation

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SirPhoebos posted:

lol Orsoff lost. And democrats are all "well it was a good showing".

i bet they didnt react the same way to quist losing ~

deadgoon posted:

i call this forums posting disease

is that a preexisting condition?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
finally, the perfect fusion of Bernie (Not Even A Real)Democrats and Biden Democrats

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/877583856148336640

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

paranoid randroid posted:

small brain: MIC is good
normal brain: humanitarian intervention is good
awakened brain: interventionism is bad
galaxy brain: destroy the MIC
universe brain with Google Ron Paul spelled out across celestial firmament: reinstate letters of marque and reprisal

all that there ever is was and ever shall be brain: we should rent a blimp

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yglesias has found that trolling centrists on twitter is much funner than trolling lefties

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 19:06 on Jun 21, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

sid meier's pirates! was a good, if shallow, game and I hope some enterprising game dev takes another crack at age-of-piracy simulation

rear end creed 4 was excellent if you ignore literally everything besides floating around on your boat singing sea shanties and pirating English warships

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

yglesias has found that trolling centrists on twitter is much funner than the trolling lefties

I don't get how Matty can figure this poo poo out but Ezra is still trolling through panera breads

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SirPhoebos posted:

I was writing a post about how hope only exists in JRPGs not written by :yokotaro:, but got distracted by the idea of describing BadDems in the style of Drakengard/Nier weapon stories.

ff7 is twenty years old already :corsair:

Al! posted:

lol that basically nobody even wants to suggest raising taxes on the wealthy tho lol:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-pollin-single-payer-healthcare-healthy-california-20170621-story.html

single payer is doable!!!!!! (by raising sales and taxes on businesses)

loving hell, i'm moving out of WA to get away from loving sales tax. might just run off to germany or france in a few years

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Watching the scores of white, technocrat liberals on twitter squirming nonstop ever since the corbyn/labor surge has been very cathartic. This Ossoff loss was icing on the cake :discourse:

The Ol Spicy Keychain has issued a correction as of 19:10 on Jun 21, 2017

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
sales tax, particularly on food, is the most regressive form of taxation, so it figures that's why it's so popular amongst american pols

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

you might want to rethink france because macron doubling down on austerity like he promised investors will turn it into a hellpit real fast

germany at least knows how to gently caress its own citizens just enough for them to not actually notice and then give them bread and circus to make them happy

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Imagine spending $30+ million and getting less votes than a fake candidate that spent nothing.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm fleeing to the newly founded United Soviet Kingdoms personally

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/jonsnowC4/status/877175289960435713

wow, bad dem lanyards are completely useless at spending money and campaigneering?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

ex post facho posted:

but would single payer solve racism?

Yes.

I'm just going to say yes if anyone asks me that about anything. And then say well obviously we have to do other stuff too but it helps when they press me.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

I'm fleeing to the newly founded United Soviet Kingdoms personally
buddy, russia ain't soviet, it's hypercapitalist now

unless you mean corbyn leftism which putin is indifferent about in which case go nuts

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

unless you mean corbyn leftism

I'm not really sure how you thought I meant anything else

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

this picture is making me feel real bad though... :smith:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Imagine spending $30+ million and getting less votes than a fake candidate that spent nothing.

How many of the people in this photo did anything besides going to fundraisers/other parties?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Montasque posted:

he would have been loving crushed if this wasn't a special election, wouldn't he

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Montasque posted:

yeesh

this was not a stat I had seen

But it tracks. In elections where both candidates suck and you're basically picking for the one associated with fewer negative buzzwords in your head, the GOP will always win because old people are immune to low turnout.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

rear end creed 4 was excellent if you ignore literally everything besides floating around on your boat singing sea shanties and pirating English warships

Asscreed 4s story owned because the main character actively igored the main plot unless it got him paid somehow.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

jon ossoff was so greedy and money-hungry that in a campaign where he had $30,000,000 to spend, his 'victory' party had a cash bar

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Hello I'm here to #RESIST can you please direct me to #TheResistance

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Agean90 posted:

Asscreed 4s story owned because the main character actively igored the main plot unless it got him paid somehow.
the modern plot was great because you played an ubisoft tester with 72 less hours in a workweek

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zhulik posted:

https://join.labour.org.uk/

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

that said

https://twitter.com/Timbo_16_Slice/status/877349543934918657

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Montasque posted:

The Democrats!!!!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

I'm not really sure how you thought I meant anything else
kneejerk reaction when someone says "soviet" causing me to :spergin: and tell people that russia is now a kleptocapitalist nation, sorry

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zhulik posted:

seriously the whole #resist thing feels so fake. like its entirely twitter activism.

i agree w/ the message but i just dont get any sense of authenticity from it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Agean90 posted:

yeah i love how the game goes "eh i mean you can do assassin-y poo poo if you want, but also heres four flintlock pistols in case you cant be loving bothered"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i don't understand

like how fuckin hard is it for the dems to just mail a rando dem voter in that district and go HEY GUESS WHAT YOURE THE CANDIDATE!!!!!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

i don't understand

like how fuckin hard is it for the dems to just mail a rando dem voter in that district and go HEY GUESS WHAT YOURE THE CANDIDATE!!!!!!

democrats have total and utter contempt for the people, they only support elites

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

i don't understand

they may say things goldman-sachs won't like and we might not get the rear end pennies they won't give us when we lose anyway

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/Chemzes/status/877587659664875520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
for ossoff

• Locked thread