Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Nothing Cass said was untrue which makes him the best kind of heel, technically correct heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Like HHH would give away that prize

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/WWEGable/status/877576659683000320

:allears:

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Guys, I'm late to the party. Did anyone mention that, an ambulance on hand for his match with Braun, means that Roman will have a nice oxygen tank ready for when he gasses?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oldpainless posted:

Nothing Cass said was untrue which makes him the best kind of heel, technically correct heel.

has there been a heel recently who wasn't at least technically correct

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Mike and Maria theme owns owns owns.

The Tamina thing is loving hysterical and I love that the audience had the same reaction I did which was basically, "...zuh?"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Mike and Maria theme owns owns owns.

The Tamina thing is loving hysterical and I love that the audience had the same reaction I did which was basically, "...zuh?"

I hope her new gimmick is "repeat what the person before her said and hope no one notices"

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
So, Tamina was supposed to put emphasis on the "you", right?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Incessant Excess posted:

So, Tamina was supposed to put emphasis on the "you", right?

Even then it's dumb because the statement infers that by talking more she'll just morph into a turtle man.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tamina shouldn't be allowed to talk. Or wrestle. Or do anything, really.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Tamina works best as a platonic ideal.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a good angle could improve tamina, like a table's edge for instance. jimmy snuka killed a woman.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I have no idea who Mike Bennett is and all I know about Maria is that New Japan's cameramen loved sticking their cameras way up her butt.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dimebags Brain posted:

I have no idea who Mike Bennett is and all I know about Maria is that New Japan's cameramen loved sticking their cameras way up her butt.

You are 100% up to date.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dimebags Brain posted:

Mike Bennett was known in the indies as a guy who should be a WWE guy. This was a backhanded compliment, a way of calling him generic. Maria is his personality, and that has worked out great for him.

Maria was originally in the WWE, a model scouted for wrestling work back when they were hiring those in bulk. Improbably, after being fired for this or that she stayed in wrestling, going first to ROH and NJPW. I have no clue why.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maria's a solid old school heel manager who can draw heat on her clients. She's no Bobby Heenan or anything but she's solid in a time period where that role's really been deemphasized (although WWE seems to be bringing it back a bit with Heyman, Lana, and now Titus... and kinda Xavier Woods). She's at least as good as Lana.

Mike's just there. He's a fine enough hand and he doesn't seem to have any problem blatantly playing second fiddle to Maria, which is good because its his bread and butter. But he'll never be a star and without Maria would be hanging with Bo and Axel.

There's a shelf life for the gimmick, and as silly as WWE is they're not entirely wrong that its a little derivative of Miz and Maryse (although very much reversed). In the right doses, and probably giving Maria a larger stable or stick Mike in a tag team like ROH did, it could work. But its also really easy to ride into the ground as I think TNA did with The Miracle stuff. And WWE tends to ride things into the ground hard.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Long haired front row guy and his mother/ old lady girlfriend were at MITB but not together. Trouble in paradise?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Titus O'Neil's TED Talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE91Mu4b1CU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

So, it turns out that we’re not just getting some old school live events this month. In a WWE Network News exclusive, we can reveal that WWE are planning to drop what seems to be the first two years of ECW’s relaunch!

While the brand is understandably derided for its distancing from the original extreme promotion, the third, purple brand is actually the last major missing puzzle piece for following the weekly TV of the original brand split.

While it’s not 100% certain when these episodes will begin appearing, we can confirm that WWE already has some episodes within the Network’s system. We’ll obviously update you as soon as the show makes its official debut on WWE Network.
http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2017/06/21/exclusive-extra-classic-wwe-network-content-for-this-month-revealed/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

Daniel Bryan did an interview with Sports Illustrated discussing his return to Smackdown Live tonight. Some highlights:

A return to the ring: "I’m working on it. Wrestling is more of a creative outlet, and especially for somebody like me, I view it as my creative outlet. Not all WWE superstars and not all wrestlers view it that way, but that’s how I view it and that’s one of the ways my mind works creatively."

quote:

A return to the ring: "I’m working on it."

Remember when people optimistically assumed having a kid would change his mind

It's uh

It's not working

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

daniel bryan vs. cody rhodes at the tokyo dome next year is gonna be a 5 star affair

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

If Daniel Bryan insists on destroying himself, I guess I'm glad he chooses to do so in a way that is very entertaining for me.

"Destroyed himself via cirrhosis and wet brain" is a lot less cool than "Destroyed himself via 5-star wrestling matches"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if wwe wont allow daniel bryan to wrestle, then i will

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress it, if he's dead set on this then why not. Give me Bryan/Sabre.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'd gladly see Daniel Bryan slip into dementia if it meant a one more year of good matches

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I for one am looking forward to Daniel Bryan facing down opposing manager Kurt Angle in a first ever "I'm Dead" match

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

projecthalaxy posted:

Mike Bennett is a top contender for the Brutus Beefcake Award for Excellence in Hitching Your Wagon to the Right Star

Controversial take: I would rather have sex with Maria than Hulk Hogan, if given the choice

Michael Bennett is pretty cool and good actually so he made the right choice

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

magnum_valentino posted:

Long haired front row guy and his mother/ old lady girlfriend were at MITB but not together. Trouble in paradise?

They apparently just buy their own tickets to events, I bet sometimes they can't get two together in a good spot.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Remember when people optimistically assumed having a kid would change his mind

It's uh

It's not working

it's gonna change his mind alright.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope that Bryan wrestles A.J or Kurt Angle.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

still better than tna

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If he's gonna go out let us have Brock vs Daniel and give Brock a "Get out of Jail" free card so we can see a man get Apollo Creed by a Drago in the ring cause it's what he wants so his kid can look at the WWE network one day to see Vince call back to when his Dad died being F5ed and his mother cries when the kid goes "I'm gonna be like Dad and be a great sports entertainer WWE champion."

gently caress Daniel Bryan. He's a terrible human being.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Don't they always tape off the hard cam side for shows that aren't sellouts?

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Well, you see, we sent your father to live on a nice vegan farm upstate...

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

gently caress da haters, WWE's ECW was my favorite of the three brands when I last watched weekly. I'm down for this

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Wait, you're telling me they didn't sell out in Dayton, Ohio?!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

vince: dayton didn't sell out? punish bayley, damnit!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dayton, Ohio is a very low energy city for bums.

Phoenix is going to be hype for Raw and Smackdown on July 3rd and 4th. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonz posted:

Phoenix is going to be hype for Raw and Smackdown on July 3rd and 4th. :getin:

Isn't it literally 125 there and set to be even hotter somehow in the coming weeks

• Locked thread