Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ex post facho posted:

he would have, but sadly, the democrats were more interested in clearing the field for iron abuela who could not fail, only be failed #resist

does making posts like these start to feel obligatory after a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

(barely lifts head off of bar) ugh fuckin dws

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
its still incredible to me about the number of people still suffering from HDS where she ran god's perfect campaign making no mistakes and was only foiled by that dastardly comey, or maybe it was the russians, but it definitely wasn't not campaigning in michigan and pouring money and campaign resources into california and texas instead

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Al! posted:

when CC posts? ya

sometimes the goat bites back when u feed it garbage every day

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Don't forget the jewel trotted out with Hayek and the Choice theorists he inspired: Communism will make you work a job you are not suited to/hate/demeans you in the interests of some abstract concept.

bbbuuuuhhhh tell me about it

I wonder how many people in small towns etc across America are working at lovely chain stores creating wealth that flows out of their communities into the hands of metropolitan based capital holders with no investment in the nation's welfare, I feel like that sort of disparity is the root of a lot of problems

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:ok:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Matt Zerella posted:

they stopped me from voting for him in NY.

My friend who was am independent as well changed registration only to find out she needed to have done that before October 2015

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Oh Snapple! posted:

the "he lost open primaries" poo poo is p. disingenuous given that a large chunk of them occurred in the south

wheel on the bus goes fucken round lad

magic schoolbus goin to the vortex of the suck zone to better learn its phenoms only to instantly regret it as they're crushed into micropaste

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ex post facho posted:

when CC posts? ya

sometimes the goat bites back when u feed it garbage every day

i've heard that a goat is a v good replacement for a lawnmower

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
its true! they also produce good milk

i think my municipality only allows chickens and bees tho

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

i think neolibs posting here defending slavery is way more entertaining

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
If you're too lazy to mow your lawn, getting a goat is the opposite of what you want to do.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Oh Snapple! posted:

the "he lost open primaries" poo poo is p. disingenuous given that a large chunk of them occurred in the south
:agreed:

Lets open the NY primary
Also change registration to day of

But hey, primary disenfranchisement is perfectly normal, fine, and doesn't affect metrics because if people were serious they'd be democrat for years.

:rolleye:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Zhulik posted:

If you're too lazy to mow your lawn, getting a goat is the opposite of what you want to do.

personally i fuckin hate how ppl run lawnmowers sunup to sundown sat & sun during the summer so i think goats should be compulsory within city limits

and leaf blowers banned entirely holy poo poo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

*checks twitter*

yes?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Al! posted:

personally i fuckin hate how ppl run lawnmowers sunup to sundown sat & sun during the summer so i think goats should be compulsory within city limits

and leaf blowers banned entirely holy poo poo

While I agree entirely with the leaf blower ban, I would argue that we should be banning lawns, not lanwmowers.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ThndrShk2k posted:

:agreed:

Lets open the NY primary
Also change registration to day of

But hey, primary disenfranchisement is perfectly normal, fine, and doesn't affect metrics because if people were serious they'd be democrat for years.

:rolleye:

Eric Schneiderman's report has good rear end gently caress proposals.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

anime was right posted:

i dont believe in full communism, but ill fight for it because if we get 75% of the way there, poo poo will be pretty good

Full communism is really bad. I think the sweet spot is about 40% communism where most poors aren't dying in the streets but the rich can still buy as many new yachts and designer hand bags as they want and don't have to worry about being guillotined.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

ex post facho posted:

haha jesus loving christ the democrats really are as out of touch as republicans portray them to be

republicans are nowhere near in touch because they are all super rich guys, but they'll put on a cowboy hat and pretend to know how to farm so they at least try

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Like, just loving lol if you live in california and your front yard is anything beyond mulch + a few succulents.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

And furthermore the Democratic Party must be destroyed

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

when will the democrats run on the simple, time-tested, winning platform of "all power to the soviets"????

i wonder how far someone could get if they just replaced soviets with workers' councils

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Lastgirl posted:

wheel on the bus goes fucken round lad

magic schoolbus goin to the vortex of the suck zone to better learn its phenoms only to instantly regret it as they're crushed into micropaste
I'd rather have micropaste on my Phenom.

I need to upgrade to a Zen sometime this year though. Been waiting for it to be more established along with whatever they have for the Vega line to do a complete modernization.

edit: Wait, would micropaste have better or worse thermals than silver?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Nastier Nate posted:

Full communism is really bad. I think the sweet spot is about 40% communism where most poors aren't dying in the streets but the rich can still buy as many new yachts and designer hand bags as they want and don't have to worry about being guillotined.

Lol look at this impotent centrist

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Nastier Nate posted:

How about 60% communism where the rich can't have yachts nor designer luxuries until the poors are living comfortably with a reasonable standard of living so their minds can focus on higher pursuits than base survival

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Zhulik posted:

While I agree entirely with the leaf blower ban, I would argue that we should be banning lawns, not lanwmowers.

i think people should be allowed to kill themselves from heat exhaustion all weekend over a strip of lovely herb as long as they agree to cut it with scissors and water it with a dixie cup

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Taintrunner posted:

How about 60% communism where the rich can't have yachts nor designer luxuries until the poors are living comfortably with a reasonable standard of living so their minds can focus on higher pursuits than base survival
how about 69%

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep2pyvKTiG0

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Zhulik posted:

Like, just loving lol if you live in california and your front yard is anything beyond mulch + a few succulents.

just lol if u can afford a lawn here

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Nonsense posted:

And furthermore the Democratic Party must be destroyed

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nice

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Nice

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I can accept a broad tent with those who reject Full Communism as long as they Uphold Cuba.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

ex post facho posted:

In large part due to overwhelming institutional forces arrayed against him, but hey whose counting right, never mind that overwhelming popularity

Corbyn had more overwhelming institutional forces working against him, yet didn't have the same problem :shrug:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

paranoid randroid posted:

hot take but ive always liked Michael Moore

like yeah hes loud and obnoxious, hes a polemicist hes supposed to be loud and obnoxious

to this day i chuckle whenever i think of crackers the corporate crime fighting chicken

which is fairly often

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

to this day i chuckle whenever i think of crackers the corporate crime fighting chicken

which is fairly often

His version of Cops that is entirely white collar crime was very good stuff too.

Edit: wait was that the same bit?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i mean it's definitely more that the clintons spent literal decades building a machine that can ultimately win a democratic primary and nothing else, largely through favor trading.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

How can the dems possibly afford to compete everywhere? You say they actually have a fundraising advantage over the republicans? Curiouser and curiouser...

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

obama brought in a bunch of new voters using leftist rhetoric so i dunno, it does work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i mean he didn't follow through on any of that, which is probably why dems got toasted in 2010

• Locked thread