Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's a very pretty movie. At least wait for the Blu Ray rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

We Know Catheters posted:

Isn't SMG just a gimmick account?
Poe's Law. Nobody really knows whether he's been trolling CineD for years, or whether he really is that much of an insufferable, pseudo-intellectual idiot. Hell, some'll tell you that he was originally just in it for the laughs until he started believing his own hype. :iiam:

Mordja fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 21, 2017

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CelticPredator posted:

It's a very pretty movie. At least wait for the Blu Ray rip

I'll give it another try when its on on demand or something, it took me 3 watches to actually like Prometheus.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mordja posted:

Poe's Law. Nobody really knows whether he's been trolling CineD for years, or whether he really is that much of an insufferable, pseudo-intellectual idiot. Hell, some'll tell you that he was originally just in it for the laughs until he started believing his own hype. :iiam:

I fluctuate between "deep cover troll" and "failed film student" but the latter is just so much more likely.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's much easier and consistent to troll when you're just exaggerating and taking you real beliefs to an extreme. SMG probably believes a lot of what he says, but dials everything up to 11 and puts on the "and if you don't agree you clearly were not paying attention and need to stop posting" schtick on top.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wish I had sycophantic followers that would make threads about me in QCS whenever I got banned.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824447

:sigh:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If that's a gimmick the guy deserves a nobel prize for trolling for keeping it up so long

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

a bone to pick posted:

I'll give it another try when its on on demand or something, it took me 3 watches to actually like Prometheus.

I love AC but I totally get why people don't. At least you might enjoy it on a visual level, because there's some great stuff in there.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
AC was frustrating in how stupid it was.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Space Crabs posted:

If that's a gimmick the guy deserves a nobel prize for trolling for keeping it up so long

Maybe he's some kind of Film professor and it's a long con charade that's part of his teaching methods. "You see class, you can insert a really dumb idea into a discussion and have it be embraced very easily..."

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
He's Jay. Jay is a real prick online.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not true. Jay is very nice online except once when I said under the skin sucked he told me I was wrong and got mad.

He might be right.

Also he came to a Harold Ramis stream I did when he died, and that's when he started pointing out how similar GB2 is to the first and we were all ljke, on gently caress, how did we miss this!

Then they did the commentary track a bit after. It was a good stream.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Weird how telling gullible idiots that the stupid trash they love is actually good and smart will make you a heralded hero-figure in their mind.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think SMG is closer to Alex Jones where he has done it for so long it stopped being "Performance art".

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

oohhboy posted:

I think SMG is closer to Alex Jones where he has done it for so long it stopped being "Performance art".

Alex Jones is different though because Alex Jones is right about a lot of stuff.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

quote:

Without SMG classing up the place and making nerds salty, CineD is just another boring movie forum. Like, who else is gonna convince me to watch a movie like Battle Los Angeles?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

quote:

I think all that needs to be said is that Blockbuster Video exists if you want to post about movies without seeing a Zizek quote, and there's a reason nobody posts in it - it's because there's nothing even remotely interesting about a conversation that goes

"I like movie."
"I also like movie. I didn't like other movie."
"Yes."
"Yes."

smg is the only one on the entire internet who has worthwhile opinions :worship:

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Nine Lives was a masterpiece because in not subverting our expectations, it subverted our expectations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

I love AC but I totally get why people don't. At least you might enjoy it on a visual level, because there's some great stuff in there.

lol for a second I thought you were talking about Assassin's Creed

I genuinely think this has been the year with the worst bad movies I've ever experienced. Not saying it's the worst year for films but the bad ones have been SUCH stinkers:

rear end Creed
Pirates 5
Transformers 5
Resident Evil 6
Split
Rings
King Arthur

Like gently caress me it's only June

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's been a good year for me

I loved Split
Logan
Alien Covfefe
Guardians Vol 2
John Wick 2
Kong Skull Island
Wonder Woman
Get Out

The only thing flat out bad I saw was Pirates, and I deserved that because I was bored on a monday afternoon and should've known better

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Like gently caress me it's FOREVER

Justice League is coming out in November. It's gotta peak at one point right? Then slowly start to recede?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Yug posted:

Alex Jones is different though because Alex Jones is right about a lot of stuff.

Alex Jones is at least doing it for money.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I died laughing in the opening to Rings when ALL the in-flight movies turned into the ring VHS and crashed the airplane, I think I'm remembering this wrong but she crawled out of the airplane toilet which makes me giggle whenever I think about it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

vermin posted:

Justice League is coming out in November. It's gotta peak at one point right? Then slowly start to recede?

Dunno if I mentioned this here before but a friend of a friend is working on the VFX on JL and apparently (and unsurprisingly) he says it's an absolute mess.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

a bone to pick posted:

I died laughing in the opening to Rings when ALL the in-flight movies turned into the ring VHS and crashed the airplane, I think I'm remembering this wrong but she crawled out of the airplane toilet which makes me giggle whenever I think about it.

Holy poo poo, that movie came out this year? :stare: I had no idea. It really came and went, huh?

Mordja fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 21, 2017

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched Resident Evil 6 and enjoyed it because I was too busy laughing. That last 1/4 or so of the movie is amazing, then the ending happened.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hemingway To Go! posted:

smg is the only one on the entire internet who has worthwhile opinions :worship:

Imagine being so dumb you think there's an empty void of discussion possibilities between checking yes or no on a questionnaire and being so far up your own rear end you're recognized by everyone around you as an insufferable, self-gratifying nitwit that in their own mind is doing the mental version of complex ultra-ninjitsu but in reality you're the star wars kid.

Imagine being that Always Sunny episode where the gang thinks they're rocking out the high school reunion, but in reality it's 5 sweaty idiots gyrating to a tinny boombox as everyone else is cringing at the embarassing, delusional display. CineD is incredible.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Imagine being so dumb you think there's an empty void of discussion possibilities between checking yes or no on a questionnaire and being so far up your own rear end you're recognized by everyone around you as an insufferable, self-gratifying nitwit that in their own mind is doing the mental version of complex ultra-ninjitsu but in reality you're the star wars kid.

Imagine being that Always Sunny episode where the gang thinks they're rocking out the high school reunion, but in reality it's 5 sweaty idiots gyrating to a tinny boombox as everyone else is cringing at the embarassing, delusional display. CineD is incredible.

It's actually more like this scene from Always Sunny where charlie thinks he's become super smart but is spouting pure gibberish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNjJutK_4A

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
magic's in the airrrrr

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think past guardians, the only movies lately to try and approach science fiction along the lines of Star Wars have been the Riddick movies, of all things. Space prophecies, lots of bug aliens, galactic empires and chosen ones, and a lot of Frank frazetta influence over the visuals.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

I think past guardians, the only movies lately to try and approach science fiction along the lines of Star Wars have been the Riddick movies, of all things. Space prophecies, lots of bug aliens, galactic empires and chosen ones, and a lot of Frank frazetta influence over the visuals.

Jupiter Ascending was the best Star Wars prequel

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Baronjutter posted:

It's actually more like this scene from Always Sunny where charlie thinks he's become super smart but is spouting pure gibberish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNjJutK_4A

jesus i love this scene. i laugh everytime at "ive grown quite wear-ay"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Written by the two game of thrones writers oddly enough too. It's a really fantastic episode.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The only threads I really look at in CineD are the greenlight and movie posters ones. And that's every once in awhile.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
greenlighted thread feels less funny than it used to be

maybe we're accustomed to everything being ENDLESS TRASH that the bad adaptations and bizarre premises aren't as surprising anymore
there's poo poo that comes out and flops hard like the mummy and king arthur and chips but no one even noticed it to laugh at it before it splattered out

we just had an edgy mighty morphin power rangers movie and the fifth transformers movie and there's an emoji movie coming out, how are you supposed to pick something that stands out when everything is so crap

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

JB50 posted:

I disagree with you a lot, but that ban was some grade A bullshit.

I should have been a perma imo

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
You'll always be a perma donna to me.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dunno if I mentioned this here before but a friend of a friend is working on the VFX on JL and apparently (and unsurprisingly) he says it's an absolute mess.

Did he give any details on in what ways it's an absolute mess or would talking about it get him in trouble?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

vermin posted:

Did he give any details on in what ways it's an absolute mess or would talking about it get him in trouble?

He had to sign an NDA but I'm trying to get more gossip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Dennis's face of curiosity after Charlie pulls the fabric off his project is my favorite part.

• Locked thread