Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Apparently crapwagon finally died and no one told me. :rip:

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Fauxhawk Express posted:

And nothing of value was lost.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That place sucked.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Not gonna lie, I went there a bunch during the split, but after the merger there was no reason at all for it to continue. Then it went another 9 goddamn years.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Fauxhawk Express posted:

lol

might explain why all those same trash posters are in the racer comments now.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Holy poo poo that "never forget" statement. :stonk:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

dsriggs posted:

Not gonna lie, I went there a bunch during the split, but after the merger there was no reason at all for it to continue. Then it went another 9 goddamn years.

As did I when I was in high school/college.

Favorite crapwagon memory was a thread that started as a tribute to Greg Moore and ended as a slapfight as to whether he would've driven in the IRL since he'd signed with Penske.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
So that's like 2 hours a day of reading freed up in Fuzzy's schedule

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm well aware of the bitter CCWS fans but I was surprised that there are people that were diehard fans of the early IRL.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WindyMan posted:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2017/06/21/sebastien-bourdais-its-pretty-straightforward-simple-id-dead/412351001/

This is a fantastic article. Read it.

Kind of newsworthy bit:

Anyone want to share some examples of that era? Research, you know.

Quoting for the new page, because holy poo poo this needs to be read.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Crapwagoners were amazing because they thought the 2007 champ car season was good.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, re: Nashville:

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/miles-encouraged-by-nashville-interest-in-indycar-for-2019-920884/

Potential layout. Looks... plain? Dunno, will have to see how they plan on implementing it.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/141627-gateway-to-repave-before-august-indycar-race

Gateway gonna repave before the IndyCar race to address the cut tire issue in testing. drat. Thats pretty dedicated. The surface was definitely pretty torn up, but hopefully they dont ruin it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cygni posted:

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/141627-gateway-to-repave-before-august-indycar-race

Gateway gonna repave before the IndyCar race to address the cut tire issue in testing. drat. Thats pretty dedicated. The surface was definitely pretty torn up, but hopefully they dont ruin it.

Hopefully it doesn't lead to another Texas situation :gonk:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

iospace posted:

Hopefully it doesn't lead to another Texas situation :gonk:

Gateway has 11° banking for Turn 1/2 and 9° for Turn 3/4. TMS has 20°/22°, so I wouldn't worry about pack racing. If anything, it will be a lot like Phoenix, which is scary in its own way.

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

iospace posted:

Also, re: Nashville:

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/miles-encouraged-by-nashville-interest-in-indycar-for-2019-920884/

Potential layout. Looks... plain? Dunno, will have to see how they plan on implementing it.

Maybe they could just go back to Baltimore :/

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
That IndyStar article is amazing and it's now my goal to talk to Dr. Trammell and Mike Yates this weekend

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Human Grand Prix posted:

Crapwagoners were amazing because they thought the 2007 champ car season was good.
The Vegas race was good, since I got to go. Plus I think that was the race that Will Power pissed off SeaBass, and he was not a happy camper during the podium.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Man... Crapwagon closed, Mark Plourde retired... 2017's a bad year for ChampCar :ohdear:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm actually surprised Plourde didn't kill off his character.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

wicka posted:

What? And turn down a lucrative post-racing career in the broadcast booth? Please.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

wicka posted:

Yeah, I'd have expected something like the final scene of Senna with paper, Chief, RealRaceFan, and Ricardo Zonta carrying his casket.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I like how they liked it despite the whole field having identical motors and chassis, but when the merger happened suddenly that was all awful.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Yeah, I'd have expected something like the final scene of Senna with paper, Chief, RealRaceFan, and Ricardo Zonta carrying his casket.

Can we make fun of those assholes?

I don't understand that RealRaceFan guy.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I read the thing they put up and loving lol at them saying non of the tracks are suitable for racing. I've seen San Jose guys.

And also they still think Tony George is still in control of everything.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I admit I laughed at "Chip Fatassi".

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You misspelled "loving TONY GEORGE".

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tony George can drop off the face of the planet for all I care, but thank you for spearheading the gift from the racing gods in SAFER.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
On the flipside are people still mad at Vasser for dissing the 500?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I don't even recall that, but people are still mad at Emmo for drinking orange juice so...

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I don't even recall that, but people are still mad at Emmo for drinking orange juice so...

Milk somehow makes more sense to me than orange juice.

When I win the Indy 500 I'll be sure to chug a jug of Swiss Chalet's Chalet sauce.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What is in the Swiss Chalet sauce? A great mystery.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I admit I laughed at "Chip Fatassi".

Chip GanASSi.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wonder if SmackForum, the CrapWagon offsite forum for people too unsuitable for CrapWagon, is still around.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I wonder if SmackForum, the CrapWagon offsite forum, is still around.

there was a CW offsite forum? dont loving do this to me.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cygni posted:

there was a CW offsite forum? dont loving do this to me.

It was mainly Crapwagon except with posts calling the mods of Crapwagon morons, and with even more mental illness.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It was mainly Crapwagon except with posts calling the mods of Crapwagon morons, and with even more mental illness.

i loving found it. oh my god. http://www.smackedforum.com/default.php

also, get a load of this gif.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think Your Favorite Driver Sucks was a quasi-CrapWagon offsite too, though you could only get an account by asking them in person at the Road America race IIRC.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Even AOWR offsites went through splits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Cygni posted:

i loving found it. oh my god. http://www.smackedforum.com/default.php

also, get a load of this gif.