Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

NecroMonster posted:

what, if ok, so are you following me here? what if a lot, like, just a whole lot of that debt, isn't ever going to be paid back. Because it can't ever be paid back. Because the people who owe that debt will never be able to pay it back.

what is this :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

you might be interested to find that the hyperbole about everybody being in $100,000 student loan debt is not coming from the left but from the right which wants to dismantle higher learning even though they are the ones who drove tuition prices up by dismantling state funding of state universities!

you might be interested to find that the right is going to stay in power for the foreseeable lifespan of this country

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Joementum posted:

*nods sagely*

lolol

get rekt bald mccuck

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

NecroMonster posted:

what, if ok, so are you following me here? what if a lot, like, just a whole lot of that debt, isn't ever going to be paid back. Because it can't ever be paid back. Because the people who owe that debt will never be able to pay it back.

the average student loan debt for a graduate is around $30,000. if the majority of college graduates go into default over that debt then the economy is hosed top to bottom and student loans, which the federal government just eats, aren't really going to be a top priority.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

NecroMonster posted:

then the government garnishes your wages forever since they hold the debt and you can't bankruptcy it away

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

This is a troll, right

Right

Right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinesh_D%27Souza
i would describe him as a bad hombre

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol if lol

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Is CK1 worth playing if you want an inbred noble simulator but don't wanna shell out $40 for CK2 just yet?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fidel Castronaut posted:

the average student loan debt for a graduate is around $30,000. if the majority of college graduates go into default over that debt then the economy is hosed top to bottom and student loans, which the federal government just eats, aren't really going to be a top priority.

lol right on the money

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:hmbol:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how did ossof do?

oh lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jfc how bad at your job do you have to be when your opinions are so bad they overflow and roll back around to woke on accident

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Duder I'm struggling to pay on my 10k of debt

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
shits hosed all around.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

playing lotro it's good 👍

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

what percent of zero is the guvmental gunna take when they dress peoples wages?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

NecroMonster posted:

literal death panels for not paying their tithe

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Chunky Salsa posted:

Duder I'm struggling to pay on my 10k of debt

I never mean to be insensitive to people who are struggling with college debt and it is an issue but the idea that there is some bubble is simply not the case.

More people are suffering than should be but unemployment is lower and median income higher for college graduates. We simply aren't suffering as a population to the degree that scare articles make it out to be.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

euphronius posted:

how did ossof do?

oh lol

as it turns out a whitebread upper class centrist with no articulated platform isn't such a great choice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I am curious how much debt is held by private companies that are siphoning off the infinite free money hose that is federal student loans

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

playing lotro it's good 👍

lord of the rings ONLINE ????

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

NecroMonster posted:

hope you enjoy prison laboring.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

NecroMonster posted:

you might be interested to find that the right is going to stay in power for the foreseeable lifespan of this country
which isn't very long lmebo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

as it turns out a whitebread upper class centrist with no articulated platform isn't such a great choice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maybe he wasn't centrist enuff lol

lol the democrars

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

[democratishly] No, no it's the voters who are wrong

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:prepop:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i dunno maybe our fascist republican government will forgive the depdebdabwsabshaahahahahahhhahahahahaaha

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

euphronius posted:

how did ossof do?

oh lol

will they spend the same amount of money in the next 16.5 months

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Solarin posted:

[democratishly] No, no it's the voters who are wrong

broken clock etc.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I mean, keep in mind that the public narrative about college debt in our society is largely driven by Mike Rowe dickheads who beat off to the image of a history major working as a barista because it affirms that they are actually smarter than them and it's just a bunch of liberal indoctrination with no actual rigor.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I never mean to be insensitive to people who are struggling with college debt and it is an issue but the idea that there is some bubble is simply not the case.

More people are suffering than should be but unemployment is lower and median income higher for college graduates. We simply aren't suffering as a population to the degree that scare articles make it out to be.

the car companies and large appliance companies are already screaming about how millennials aren't buying new big ticket items and the realtors are only going to keep getting louder about how we've gotta buy all the boomerhouses

that debt is certainly already loving up the economy

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

euphronius posted:

maybe he wasn't centrist enuff lol

lol the democrars

in exciting news the dnc is backing bryce's primary opposition in Wisconsin so bryce's got a decent shot at unseating Ryan

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

a helpful bear posted:

im p drunk before i leave for trivia night and i just wanna say:

i have a sister that relies on ACA for medication to help her and these GOP fucks need to burn in the most firey parts of hell, especially the turtleman

Hold on, I need to summon the essential spirit of this thread:

LOL 💀DEATH CREW💀

Why can't you understand that Democrats are the same as Republicans, daycrew??

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

there is already like, a really loving big chunk of student debt that isn't ever going to be paid back and that number is climbing but man do i wish i could remember where i read this

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Quiet Feet posted:

Is CK1 worth playing if you want an inbred noble simulator but don't wanna shell out $40 for CK2 just yet?

no way

it was interesting and is better than ck2 in a few minor ways, but is also a million times less accessible

wait for the summer sale and buy ck2 cheap

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

BONGHITZ posted:

circumcision was the greatest trick the devil ever pulled
\

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

prefect posted:

gently caress Bloomberg.

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/877627606312472576

Why, again, did they let him speak at the DNC?

any idiot can speak at the national conventions my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

LOL I love it when the capitalist rich elite slough off their rubber skin and reveal the terminator death machine underneath.

• Locked thread