Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
the world's a cat and im the maus

ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

anime was right posted:

when i went to college in newark, there was a bank right across the street from the courthouse and like a block away from the police station.

someone robbed that bank and got away (at least for a little while)

Bank robberies are very rarely "exciting." It is MUCH more common that someone comes in with a note, the teller hands over the contents of their drawer, the robber makes off with under $5,000. They're caught (if at all) pretty soon after because every teller's drawer has a stack of lower denomination bills whose serial numbers are recorded and the cops track them through recent sales around town.

(Used to work at a Credit Union)

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xyo1hL7B1g

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mariana Horchata posted:

very nice

Just chillin here in the 505

(im actually in a gas station parking lot smoking but the 505 is a state of grace)

wish i was on the road w/u guv

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

also DPRK News is real enough for trump

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I'm a SJW

Social Jeb!stice Warrior!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fits my needs posted:

what happens at the end tho? it's just written off and the people that actually paid their loans are told to pound sand?

theyre told to enjoy the economy not being a blasted hellscape

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Hooray, I just got phone-polled. I got to give my opinion of my representative and of :smugdon:.

Only one question had slanted wording: how likely am I to vote for the Republican in the 2018 congressional elections "if they have not succeeded in passing any major legislation by then". Saying "not likely" might taken as either "I'm not voting for the red team no matter what" or as "Hey GOP, get cracking and take away my health care already!"

:thunk:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

lol this is loving hilarious

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i love the word cuck

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

That DICK! posted:

i love the word cuck

are you nate

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Squizzle posted:

theyre told to enjoy the economy not being a blasted hellscape

I too enjoy things that objectively won't happen

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

That DICK! posted:

i love the word cuck

its just the word gently caress with a c instead of an f, and i know u love gently caress

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Al! posted:

its just the word gently caress with a c instead of an f, and i know u love gently caress

I was told by a teacher once that the Japanese really like the word gently caress because of its asthetics, it's two sharp lined letters surrounding two curves

idk if it's true but lol anyway

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

That DICK! posted:

i love the word cuck

CUCK YEAH

JEB!

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5RDEXpc8OY

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Gringostar posted:

CUCK YEAH

JEB!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

:catstare:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Under some previous IKs the word cuck would get a 6er, I'll start handing them out if you don't say it enough.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pook Good Mook posted:

I know someone that works in downtown Cedar Rapids. He said he was walking by and someone in line asked him if he was there to see Trump. He said no. They said, "Oh, one of Hillary's snowflakes?" "Nope, just going about my life."

Politics of spite.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-rsquo-s-appeal-what-psychology-tells-us/

trump rallies are psychologically effective according to the authors ^ because of the long wait which puts the audience through various political rituals. it's not just the tight security but announcements given to the crowd on how to handle disruptions, which puts everyone on guard in an us vs. them mentality. same with the crooked bad media stuck in a cage in the back.

there's also a kind of sunk cost thing. if you're willing to wait for hours, then it must be important! same reason scams are so effective; if people paid a bunch of money then they will justify the expenditure to themselves.

your friend met the trumpists in a place where the fantasy/illusory world of the trump rally met the uncaring, meaningless real world; which produces cognitive dissonance among the trump supporters so they resolve by attacking the source.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

that feel when you encounter a wild :ancap: https://www.reddit.com/r/Political_Revolution/comments/6ik6f9/forget_jon_ossof_we_have_so_many_exciting/dj7jq8t/

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MaxxBot posted:

Under some previous IKs the word cuck would get a 6er, I'll start handing them out if you don't say it enough.

you have my cuck vote

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MaxxBot posted:

:hellyeah:

(cuck yeah)

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Weeping Wound posted:

both shoes are like that

he hasn't tied a lace in years :cripes:

It's the mashed-in tongue on the right shoe that really makes it

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yaliberty.org didnt mask their whois, lol

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-rsquo-s-appeal-what-psychology-tells-us/

trump rallies are psychologically effective according to the authors ^ because of the long wait which puts the audience through various political rituals. it's not just the tight security but announcements given to the crowd on how to handle disruptions, which puts everyone on guard in an us vs. them mentality. same with the crooked bad media stuck in a cage in the back.

there's also a kind of sunk cost thing. if you're willing to wait for hours, then it must be important! same reason scams are so effective; if people paid a bunch of money then they will justify the expenditure to themselves.

your friend met the trumpists in a place where the fantasy/illusory world of the trump rally met the uncaring, meaningless real world; which produces cognitive dissonance among the trump supporters so they resolve by attacking the source.

didnt read this but i think what you mean is

LOCK HER UP

LOCK HER UP

LOCK HER UP

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

I too enjoy things that objectively won't happen

really????? let me tell you about a good television program for that sort of thing, called the power rangers, it is full of the unbelievable and fantastical

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
student debt is kind of like the yeti from skifree imo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

lmao had to cancel my first real vacation in years because theres too much work to do

TRUMP!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
there's an aging ford expedition covered in trump stickers and lyin' crooked hillary stuff that i've found myself behind in various fast food drive-thrus at odd hours lately.

which says a lot about the dietary habits / dining hours of the local deplorables but also ... myself

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

MaxxBot posted:

jeb!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Al! posted:

wish i was on the road w/u guv

I like ur sig

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the deplorable is me

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
yer a cvck

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

MaxxBot posted:

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

MaxxBot posted:

what if i call jeb! a cuck?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

also the cop is america and the steamroller is trump

:wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015