Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Leperflesh posted:

It's a good thing I have a spare PURE BUTTER by my feet, because the PURE BUTTER on the top shelf with all the plates stacked on it is too hard to take out past my wooden water buffalo head decoration.

yeah but what is behind the narrow shiplap door? more butte? or the corpses of the owners of the house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I'm going to spend thousands of dollar on furniture and decorations to evoke a folksy, simple, "country life" like I'm dustbowl farmer Hollis Brown living on the outside of town

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

And yet it feels like open shelves would be a good answer for some kitchen items where mild dust isn't going to be a problem and you'd prefer not to have bulky cabinets crowding everywhere. Not plates or glasses, sure, but condiments? Cooking oils? Stock pots and food processors? All that stuff that otherwise takes up counter space or sort-of-not-quite fills your largest cabinets.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.
Why do the 3 faceplates have two different colors? And why are there so many wires running up (including some in a sock?) ?

Also, a security camera in the kitchen seems like a good way to have embarrassing footage of you eating straight out of the mayonnaise jar while naked. Why would people even have cameras inside their house?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Arachnamus posted:

Stock pots and food processors?

I put these guys, as well as my dutch oven and other such, on the top of the cabinets, just under the ceiling. They can be tricky to stow/retrieve, but I don't need them often and it keeps them out of the way.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

It's a good thing I have a spare PURE BUTTER by my feet, because the PURE BUTTER on the top shelf with all the plates stacked on it is too hard to take out past my wooden water buffalo head decoration.

It actually is PURE BUTTES

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I'm not gonna defend the design decisions, but the poo poo with words all over it can be had cheap at Big Lots. I shop for my mother in law there because it is exactly to her taste. No wonder that woman gives the worst possible gifts to everyone come Christmas time.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I noticed the house was off the market last week and thought somehow it had sold, but I just looked at the price and tax history, and I think what happened is they saw a lot more traffic than they expected, looked at the source, and unlisted it because we were making so much fun of it that I feel like I should send them a thank you card for all the good times we've had.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

canyoneer posted:

I'm going to spend thousands of dollar on furniture and decorations to evoke a folksy, simple, "country life" like I'm dustbowl farmer Hollis Brown living on the outside of town

So like 80 years from now home designers will be stealing our aesthetic of folding tables and cloth captains chairs with formica counters and yellowing white appliances? For that rustic hardscrabble turn-of-the-century look?

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I put these guys, as well as my dutch oven and other such, on the top of the cabinets, just under the ceiling. They can be tricky to stow/retrieve, but I don't need them often and it keeps them out of the way.

I'm in the beginning phases of doing a kitchen remodel and even the designers say the big stockpot typically is stored outside the kitchen.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Suspect Bucket posted:

So like 80 years from now home designers will be stealing our aesthetic of folding tables and cloth captains chairs with formica counters and yellowing white appliances? For that rustic hardscrabble turn-of-the-century look?

Yeah it will be pretty much like Elliot's house from E.T.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

YamiNoSenshi posted:

I'm in the beginning phases of doing a kitchen remodel and even the designers say the big stockpot typically is stored outside the kitchen.

y'all need to do more roast dinners

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:shrug:

I have like 3-4 stockpots of varying sizes and one of em is almost always simmering something on the stove

I cant reach on top of cabinets :smithfrog:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

The Dave posted:

Then there's some truly stupid applications...

Those are just really well fitted blinds covering the window in to the next room. The next room being the dimension where this is not awful.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 21, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

wesleywillis posted:

Those are just really well fitted blinds covering the window in to the next room. The next room being the dimension where this is not awful.

It makes me think it's a roll-up door allowing the kitchen to turn into a servery and people could line up and get food through it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, it IS a dutch door there.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

canyoneer posted:

Which is a hilarious contrast with the people who live 'folksy' and 'rustic' because they have to, who have normal-rear end houses. None of this stupid poo poo with words on everything or pallets turned into bookshelves.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Right tool for the job, what?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah usually when I need to get my nuts off the first tool I grab is my trusty axe.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

wesleywillis posted:

Sharing a fun new update at my house with you all today! It’s a shiplap display wall and I’m so excited about it! Remember when I had my carpenter put up shiplap in Kole’s new room? I loved it so much that I decided we needed a little more of it. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get enough white molding/planks in my life. :)

http://www.thesunnysideupblog.com/2016/08/shiplap-display-wall/

I had been going back and forth on what to put on the wall in this spot between my office and powder bathroom and then it hit me! That would be the perfect spot for some shiplap. I drew my carpenter a quick sketch and he got to work.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Choose happy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MisterOblivious posted:

Sharing a fun new update at my house with you all today! It’s a shiplap display wall and I’m so excited about it! Remember when I had my carpenter put up shiplap in Kole’s new room? I loved it so much that I decided we needed a little more of it. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get enough white molding/planks in my life. :)

http://www.thesunnysideupblog.com/2016/08/shiplap-display-wall/

I had been going back and forth on what to put on the wall in this spot between my office and powder bathroom and then it hit me! That would be the perfect spot for some shiplap. I drew my carpenter a quick sketch and he got to work.

:vomarine:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Don't sign my posts

Those words aren't actually photoshopped.

Modus Pwnens fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 21, 2017

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
I'm really confused because I can't find the "Live Laugh Love" mural anywhere in her house and yet I know it must be there somewhere.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

If you could get an aerial view, you'd see the entire house is shaped to spell it out.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

is a powder bathroom different from a regular bathroom and/or powder room
does it have a make-up vanity?
and the laundry room has one too?

nm now I'm thinking about how her kids will rebel against white, grey, and ice blue when they're older. maybe an obnoxious red and black rockabilly (or juggalo) ~formal living room~

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I knew what she looked like before I got to her picture, and I was right.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The powder bathroom is where they keep the ink pens, the forward slashes, and the automated teller machine machines.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I saw this sterile white void and thought of you, thread.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

peanut posted:

is a powder bathroom different from a regular bathroom and/or powder room
does it have a make-up vanity?
and the laundry room has one too?

nm now I'm thinking about how her kids will rebel against white, grey, and ice blue when they're older. maybe an obnoxious red and black rockabilly (or juggalo) ~formal living room~

http://www.thesunnysideupblog.com/2016/06/powder-bathroom-summer-refresh/
Looks like a normal half bath. :iiam:

See, perfectly normal. Shitter, sink, ugly ladder towel rack.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Modus Pwnens posted:

Don't sign my posts

Why does she have a dedicated murderroom?
Typical of all these renovation trends. They're never truly using it enough to justify a whole room dedicated to it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Facebook Aunt posted:

I loving love towel racks that fall over if you pull the towel off the wrong way.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

What's the point of even having quirky ceramics if no one can see them though.

Words go on everything. Everything.

This is the most beautiful thing.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why does she have full sized bath towels in a half bath?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

A powder room is nothing more than a pretentious half bath.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Why does she have full sized bath towels in a half bath?

Presumably they are just there for looks, like everything else in her house, and no one ever uses them.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Modus Pwnens posted:

Don't sign my posts

Is the perspective jacked or is that mudroom door like 4 feet tall?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

frozenphil posted:

Is the perspective jacked or is that mudroom door like 4 feet tall?

it's where the mudpeople live

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Just an autocorrect typo, that's actually the entrance to M'udr'üm, the underkingdom of the Darkitechts, the most craven and sinister of interior designers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Vintage 2017