Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Go ahead with your suggested team. I love how the game blatantly admits Weissmann is such a huge ham he couldn't possibly be the Lord of Phantasma because the mask would prevent him from stuffing the scenery into his mouth at a fast enough rate. :)

Erpy fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Your suggested team sounds perfect.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Erpy posted:

Go ahead with your suggested team. I love how the game blatantly admits Weissmann is such a huge ham he couldn't possibly be the Lord of Phantasma because the mask would prevent him from stuffing the scenery into his mouth at a fast enough rate. :)

I'm going to second (or third or whatever it is by the time this posts) your suggested team. As I recall, the story beats aren't particularly different based on party (though I could be wrong <_<) and there's no need to make you suffer (and to be fair, not many lovely characters to make you suffer right now. :v:)

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Julia and Mueller work best in the same team to double down on chain craft damage.

I like putting Kloe, Joshua and Josette on Ries's side. My strategy with the boss fight of Silver Road involves having Ries pull away the adds with Dark Matter Ex, and Kloe and Joshua sniping the opposition with arts and the occasional Flicker. Josette's S-craft is actually handy in the opening moments, then she can feed items to Ries because Dark Matter Ex is goddamn expensive at this point of the game. Julia and Tita have decent enough base ATS and STR that they can do decent work on the Golden Road side as well. If you want a more S-craft centric strategy, Kloe and Tita are better on the golden road side because they don't hit the entire field with their S-craft.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I just hate that you absolutely have to bring Josette along. Pretty much the only thing she's good for is being one more potential target for enemies to go after... and even that's almost outweighed by her support ability.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Well, that and Defense Down, which actually matters at this point since not a lot of bosses resist it yet.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Hmm, I've been seeing a bunch of broken images in your last couple of updates, is that just me?

Anyway, go with your team. I was tempted to suggest Joshua, Kloe and Josette for team Maximum Awkwardness but I remember silver road not being something to mess with.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Really Pants, I'd say to make things easier on yourself and go with your suggested team.

Erpy posted:

I love how the game blatantly admits Weissmann is such a huge ham he couldn't possibly be the Lord of Phantasma because the mask would prevent him from stuffing the scenery into his mouth at a fast enough rate. :)
Indeed, that was a nice touch. Also, I'm a bit surprised Ries doesn't know about Kevin's little showdown with Weissmann. I'm half-expecting that to become a plot point down the road.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

Indeed, that was a nice touch. Also, I'm a bit surprised Ries doesn't know about Kevin's little showdown with Weissmann. I'm half-expecting that to become a plot point down the road.

She knows, and was about to explain it, but Kevin shut her up with his interruption.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, because finding out the friendly traveling priest is actually a stone-cold killer is... Probably not gonna go well.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

^^^E: Fair enough.

Tamba posted:

She knows, and was about to explain it, but Kevin shut her up with his interruption.
Ah, whoops. Misread that line.

Wait, then why is Kevin being coy about admitting he killed Weissmann? You'd think he'd at least be able to say, "yeah, that motherfucker is like super dead".

AradoBalanga fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 20, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Because the biggest part of your group consists of law-abiding citizens, including some bracers, who don't like the idea of covert assassinations to deal with even scum like Weissmann.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

The Doomhammer posted:

Hmm, I've been seeing a bunch of broken images in your last couple of updates, is that just me?

Been getting that too. I can right click and open them and they work at least. Imgur links are fickle I guess.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Yeah, I occasionally get broken images too.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

AradoBalanga posted:

^^^E: Fair enough.

Ah, whoops. Misread that line.

Wait, then why is Kevin being coy about admitting he killed Weissmann? You'd think he'd at least be able to say, "yeah, that motherfucker is like super dead".

No one in the party (Ries excepted of course) ever found out that Kevin was a Dominion and that the whole reason he was even involved with them in the first place was to assassinate Weissmann. Keeping everything about that on the down low is pretty important as far as he's concerned.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Doomhammer posted:

It just seems like Imgur was randomly making GBS threads itself over the past couple weeks; I had some uploads that didn't thumbnail properly either. Everything should be in order now? knock on wood

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

Really Pants posted:

It just seems like Imgur was randomly making GBS threads itself over the past couple weeks; I had some uploads that didn't thumbnail properly either. Everything should be in order now? knock on wood

It's interesting but if you use view image on the broken ones and then go back they load just fine for some reason.

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013
When I was playing this on Hard mode, trying to beat Silver Road without Joshua was hair-tearing impossible. So your suggested team looks fine, although if I were to redo this part, I'd probably throw Tita into Silver Road too.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe the cannons in the boss fight use the CP to perform Hellish Four Shots. At the very least, they seemed to do it more often after being hit by a Sacrificial Arrow.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
That Moon Door... "pure-white radiance" could be Olivier. "proof of her scholarship" .... Tita?

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

So, I was looking through the Trails character art book (I totally bought both of the art books when I saw them in the SC thread, price be damned <_<) and I noticed something:

(or http://imgur.com/a/OgbNv if the embedded image doesn't work...)

Just an interesting little bit of insight into what that portrait was actually for.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

I believe one of the enemies in the Silver Road has a chance of dropping a very powerful weapon for Julia and Kloe. It dropped for me and woo boy was Julia quite powerful for this chapter and the next.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So I definitely didn't do what you did and had to fight through the bugged Four Shot version with the double Max Guard intact.

It was...difficult, to say the least.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I picked an absolutely awful party for the Silver Road (Julia, Josette, Kloe), considering I was on Hard difficulty, and certainly paid for it since even the regular encounters became really dicey affairs. Thank goodness for the new and improved (very very very improved) Sanctus Nova, that bailed me out hard against this boss.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

So, I was looking through the Trails character art book (I totally bought both of the art books when I saw them in the SC thread, price be damned <_<) and I noticed something:

(or http://imgur.com/a/OgbNv if the embedded image doesn't work...)

Just an interesting little bit of insight into what that portrait was actually for.

Oh, neat! I ought to move that to Star Door 1, then.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Where does her hair go? There's no way it all fits in that itty bitty hat

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Also, calling it now: Kevin's group will fight a fake Ries.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Wig technology seems to be pretty advanced in Liberl, considering Kloe's wigs, so it's probably just that.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

To be honest, the same is true for Tita.

Actually, the hair's probably a wig, just like Kloe used from time to time. She doesn't wear the hat while in her nun disguise and her hair's still the same military cut as usual.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

it is an ancient Zemurian space-folding shadow hat

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

Really Pants posted:

Taste Ries's pieces, evildoers!

Auuuuuuuuuugh. Really man? That was terrible. :(

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Erpy posted:

To be honest, the same is true for Tita.

Actually, the hair's probably a wig, just like Kloe used from time to time. She doesn't wear the hat while in her nun disguise and her hair's still the same military cut as usual.

I agree with this, based on the pictures. If desired, I can see if I can get a proper scan of some of these pages instead of a lovely phone picture. Once I'm not at work. :v:

Edit: Oh yeah. I just looked back at Julia's Day Off - if you're putting it in the LP proper, I'm definitely getting a scan of it. In a few hours.

Epsilon Moonshade fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 23, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Lynkericious posted:

Auuuuuuuuuugh. Really man? That was terrible. :(

Oh I can do worse. And now I will.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Really Pants posted:

Oh I can do worse. And now I will.

Of course you can. The pun could involve Weissman.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, I like how you can still get support abilities from people not in your current party, even if they are otherwise occupied.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

I guess that last bit answers... some questions about whether they were going to do something with the weapons found. I don't remember if they're brought up again though.

http://imgur.com/a/wq4HM

Actual scans of Julia's outfits. Use as you will. I included her nun outfit as well.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

I guess that last bit answers... some questions about whether they were going to do something with the weapons found. I don't remember if they're brought up again though.

http://imgur.com/a/wq4HM

Actual scans of Julia's outfits. Use as you will. I included her nun outfit as well.

Much obliged!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
No, I don't think the weapons are brought up again after this. They're just stuff to equip and eventually sell.

Neither the Golden and Silver Road end automatically when you defeat the boss, you have to manually walk through the exit to switch to the other team, which gives you the opportunity to unequip stuff. That means that, as long as you have enough hand-me-down stuff on your characters to survive the scripted battle at the start of each path, you can actually finish this dungeon with only one team's worth of optimal equipment and quartz.

• Locked thread