Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Oh god, best engine and entire car hoist ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBmMRSHx43k
If you want it I'll drive it east and meet you half way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

monsterzero posted:

If you want it I'll drive it east and meet you half way.

Pick me up on the way through IL.

I'm surprised kastein hasn't scrounged up a crane like that for the back of the 5T. I know he's got the front a-frame, but this poo poo is another level.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Oh god, best engine and entire car hoist ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBmMRSHx43k

Yeah it is. If I had property and disposable income, I could make use of one of those.

edit: were was that thing anyway? Chico, CA. Oof. Long way to TX @ a max of 65 MPH.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 16, 2017

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
As a coworker pointed out, you could put vehicle A in the trunk of vehicle B!

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6135073637.html
Cylinders: Other :haw:

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6169871575.html

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/rvs/6179345309.html

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

So would

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Heres a neato Concord wagon.
The matching hub-caps on thin white-walls make this.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-peugeot-405-mi-16/

I'm bidding on this. Wish me luck!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Ramp Truck anyone?

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/6158525769.html

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Wally Joyner posted:

Heres a neato Concord wagon.
The matching hub-caps on thin white-walls make this.

This is local? Sonofabitch, I wish I had money.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/6144398812.html

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Holy gently caress, how do you owe $12k on a 2011 Mazda2.

Also the car is garbage with that automatic.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

IOwnCalculus posted:

Still leasing. Probably the residual is insanely high missed payments or whatever.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
amazingly smoother

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

How do you still have $256/mo payments on a 6 year old car that only cost like $15k new? By this point they've already paid something on the order of $18,000 for it, and apparently have $12,000 to go.

I guess I don't understand leases at all:

Elephanthead posted:

Still leasing. Probably the residual is insanely high missed payments or whatever.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pham Nuwen posted:

How do you still have $256/mo payments on a 6 year old car that only cost like $15k new? By this point they've already paid something on the order of $18,000 for it, and apparently have $12,000 to go.

So he's spent $18k on it, and has $12k to go, and at the end won't even own the car? :newlol:

Yeah sign me right up for that, pardner :thumbsup:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

22% over 96 months, you know, the kind of loan they give people who don't have jobs.

Also known as a nissan loan.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Given that they're trying to sell it, I wonder if they even know the difference between "loan" and "lease".

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's really sad more than anything else

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I'm guessing that's a loan that they rolled a previous underwater car into.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Powershift posted:

I got that.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Raluek posted:

So he's spent $18k on it, and has $12k to go, and at the end won't even own the car? :newlol:

Yeah sign me right up for that, pardner :thumbsup:

could be worse... could be one of Uber's leases

effective 20%+ APR with weekly payments deducted automatically from the signee's Uber pay

super fuckin evil.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Network42 posted:

I'm guessing that's a loan that they rolled a previous underwater car into.

That would make sense, I've seen a few people do that thinking it will be cheaper and they get hosed in the end.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I really don't get the "have two kids, need a bigger car" mentality. It's a 4 door, you can fit like, 3 kids in the back.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Breakfast Feud posted:

I really don't get the "have two kids, need a bigger car" mentality. It's a 4 door, you can fit like, 3 kids in the back.

People looked at me funny when I told them a Golf GTI is a family car in Europe. It can have 4 doors and you get kids in the back what is not to like?

Also do we want to start throwing Facebook Market links in? It seems to have a better selection of sheds at least in my area.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BigPaddy posted:

People looked at me funny when I told them a Golf GTI is a family car in Europe. It can have 4 doors and you get kids in the back what is not to like?

Also do we want to start throwing Facebook Market links in? It seems to have a better selection of sheds at least in my area.

Pretty sure as long as it has a pic and a link it's all good.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Breakfast Feud posted:

We had a '13 Fiesta for a few years and me, the wife, our two kids and all our luggage comfortably did a 2,000 mile round trip.

That was a lease, too, and our payment was about that, but only for three years. Including what we put down (I think $2500), I think it was a good enough deal. How you even sign up for however long that 'lease' is without some part of your brain wanting to do the math...

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Powershift posted:

That makes sense, I always wondered why an Altima or Maxima is always the most douchebag driver on the road I see. Crappy wheels, tinted windows and lights, and poverty spec engines are all Datsuns or fullsize pickup trucks here.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

BigPaddy posted:

Sure but a Golf is Mazda 3 sized, going down to the 2 (which has less space than a Polo) causes issues if you have bulky capsules to worry about.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The 2 shares a platform with the Fiesta, and as a Fiesta owner I find it cruel to put anyone in the back seats who is over 5'5".

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

Breakfast Feud posted:

I felt that way too, and mostly still do but these new child seats are freaking huge and it is recommended to keep them rear facing as long as possible now. Even with a 5-series wagon I can only just get comfortable in the front with the seat pushing into the child seat behind it. The trunk fits a folding stroller and 2 suitcases nicely so going away for the weekend still works. I think we could make a compact hatch work but would need to shop specifically for smaller child seats and stroller. Eventually we might get something with 3-rows but right now all the 3rd rows face the wrong way, the middle seats need to be folded down to get to them and can't be folded with a child seat strapped in, can't use the child seats in the 3rd row because there is no access to get the kid strapped in. I bet all the Pilots and Highlanders driven around by new parents never see more than a gym bag in the 3rd row. I really just want a Transit connect with the third row cut out and welded in rear facing. Is that so much to ask?

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
That actually makes a ton of sense. I haven't been a kid for ages, and don't have my own. But I can totally see how a modern jogger style stroller and two huge car seats will make your life miserable in a tiny car. Still, that dude with the fuckoff huge lease should stop digging his hole some time.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I have a coworker who is paying $650/month to lease a base level golf 14 GTI due to rolling negative equity from their last three leases in their current one

This person is part of a DINK household that pulls 130k a year down so it's not a big deal for them but that sort of poo poo is endemic in dealerships

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It all comes back to education and the lack of it that lets people just get stuck in these situations. That and the whole short-term-gain slant that permeates our economy now.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

rscott posted:

I have a coworker who is paying $650/month to lease a base level golf 14 GTI due to rolling negative equity from their last three leases in their current one

This person is part of a DINK household that pulls 130k a year down so it's not a big deal for them but that sort of poo poo is endemic in dealerships

A friend of mine is a car salesman and he has to do this fairly regularly. He knows its dumb, but he's in the business of selling cars, not financial advice. If rolling over negative equity into a new loan gets the car out the door, it's a done deal.

The main problem is with people with bad credit or no income not being able to understand why they can't get a $50k new car. They get indignant when he steers them to the $3000 beaters.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Bibendum posted:

I felt that way too, and mostly still do but these new child seats are freaking huge and it is recommended to keep them rear facing as long as possible now.

This. We had a '12 Focus and when the kid moved from the infant bucket to a rear facing convertible seat, we couldn't sit in the front seat without our knees hitting the dashboard. If your kids still need a seat but are front facing (so around 3 or so) then just about any modern car will work fine, but if you have rear facing seats, you need to bring the seats with you and try them out. We just got a new Civic and I wanted the hatchback so, so badly, but the seats just didn't fit in it. The sedan had a larger back seat and they fit in there fine, so we went with the sedan.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Uber leases are company store level of evil. No wonder they drive passed out drunks 100 miles out of the way for kicks.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

KakerMix posted:

It all comes back to education and the lack of it that lets people just get stuck in these situations. That and the whole short-term-gain slant that permeates our economy now.

This type of rampant consumerism started way back at the advent of the credit card, monthly payment buyers just compounded the issue... And made it easier for them to be sold a good or service.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

beep-beep car is go posted:

This. We had a '12 Focus and when the kid moved from the infant bucket to a rear facing convertible seat, we couldn't sit in the front seat without our knees hitting the dashboard. If your kids still need a seat but are front facing (so around 3 or so) then just about any modern car will work fine, but if you have rear facing seats, you need to bring the seats with you and try them out. We just got a new Civic and I wanted the hatchback so, so badly, but the seats just didn't fit in it. The sedan had a larger back seat and they fit in there fine, so we went with the sedan.

That's weird, logically I'd have thought the hatch would have better space overall being a hatch and not a solid "This is back of seat, car ends now"

I'm still in the "Planning a year or two ahead on a new car purchase" stage so that's actually useful to know in advance, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

PCOS Bill posted:

That's weird, logically I'd have thought the hatch would have better space overall being a hatch and not a solid "This is back of seat, car ends now"

I'm still in the "Planning a year or two ahead on a new car purchase" stage so that's actually useful to know in advance, thanks

Autotrader says it's minus 1.3 inches from the sedan. Which does seem kinda weird.