Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Brandon McCarthy easily has the best twitter game in sports

https://twitter.com/bmccarthy32/status/245603427315486721?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

it's processed; what is the issue?
the blacks built this country, and are now saving the lives of racists too

how do people not know that this is how it works?

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 02:47 on Jun 22, 2017

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Travel ban take 69

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/877701255363166209

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

They're two of the good ones

Lesbo still goin to hell tho

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
they heard me rallyin and they told me to stop
quit these unpresidential things and just punch the clock
these days my life i feel it has no purpose
but late at night bad tweets swim to the surface

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/IlvesToomas/status/877703182922559488

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

:thunk:

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

so every Dem in the country should donate to a PAC that runs clips of Trump saying "I WONT CUT MEDICAID" around the clock on every network

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SKULL.GIF posted:

if the poo poo happening right now makes you depressed like sexual lorax then you're in for a loving ride over the next couple decades

climate change is going to force humanity into a bunch of really serious atrocities. everyone is focused on how bad it'll be for living conditions but significantly fewer people are thinking about the second-order impact of things

two major things I can think of off the top of my head:

1) food. it is so incredibly common and accessible in the west that we take it for granted and never think about it, but shocks to the agricultural system are going to have massive ripple effects on the rest of the industry. combine this with a potential economic decline or collapse where factories and farms stop producing (because it's "not profitable", an artificial construct that limits our activity even though we have 1. the manpower 2. the technology 3. the resources and 4. the will to continue to work and produce things. abolish money immediately) and you are going to see a sudden spasm of scrambling for food. venezuela is just a loving preview trailer of what might happen here. what do you think happens when huge metropolises experience a sharp decline in food availability? the famines in pre-revolution france led to massive rioting and eventually the actual revolution itself, it's going to be waaaaaaay worse now when we have like 50x the population because we refused to curtail population growth, in part because more people means more money for the rich

and

2) migration. we can already expect that climate change is going to drop an omnislash on the middle east and there's probably no way to stop it at this point even if we can address it everywhere else with heroic efforts from science and industry. these people aren't going to stay put and die. you think the syrian migration was bad? now anticipate what happens when it's not just one country, it's dozens of millions of people marching into europe and china. now combine that with the above potential food crisis and a healthy dose of racism (which I remind you is rooted in tribal resource competition) and you can probably guess what's going to loving happen. even if europe/china successfully avoids :killing:, an sudden influx of dozens of millions is going to strain economies and societies really loving hard and lead to things starting to burst at the seams. current predictions are that we're going to have ~200 million migrants worldwide displaced by climate change by 2050, with 1 billion (!!!) being the upper end. there are effectively no contingency plans being made right now for this poo poo

society is not robust. it is precarious and fragile.

Thank God I will be dead

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
MAGA'n in the sprawl
Dead Scalise balls fly off and bounce and keep on bouncin
and there's no wins on trade
i need the darkness someone cut medicaid

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
https://twitter.com/CherylRofer/status/877268327277633536

privatization of nuclear material handling led to a mishandling that put a facility on lockdown and could have been extremely fatal for the guy that was ordered to arrange the photo in this tweet

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

triple sulk posted:

hell yeah TRUMP

Awesome, tomorrow is the Irons Michigan Flea Roast and Ox Market kickoff parade.

http://www.flearoast.com/

HUGE PUBES A PLUS has issued a correction as of 02:51 on Jun 22, 2017

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
trump!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
ya'll watch this poo poo right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf6SMmGJHtc&t=7401s

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:eyepop:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
PEEPEEPEE

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

SKULL.GIF posted:

if the poo poo happening right now makes you depressed like sexual lorax then you're in for a loving ride over the next couple decades

climate change is going to force humanity into a bunch of really serious atrocities. everyone is focused on how bad it'll be for living conditions but significantly fewer people are thinking about the second-order impact of things

1) food. it is so incredibly common and accessible in the west that we take it for granted and never think about it, but shocks to the agricultural system are going to have massive ripple effects on the rest of the industry. combine this with a potential economic decline or collapse where factories and farms stop producing (because it's "not profitable", an artificial construct that limits our activity even though we have 1. the manpower 2. the technology 3. the resources and 4. the will to continue to work and produce things. abolish money immediately) and you are going to see a sudden spasm of scrambling for food. venezuela is just a loving preview trailer of what might happen here. what do you think happens when huge metropolises experience a sharp decline in food availability? the famines in pre-revolution france led to massive rioting and eventually the actual revolution itself, it's going to be waaaaaaay worse now when we have like 50x the population because we refused to curtail population growth, in part because more people means more money for the rich

and

2) migration. we can already expect that climate change is going to drop an omnislash on the middle east and there's probably no way to stop it at this point even if we can address it everywhere else with heroic efforts from science and industry. these people aren't going to stay put and die. you think the syrian migration was bad? now anticipate what happens when it's not just one country, it's dozens of millions of people marching into europe and china. now combine that with the above potential food crisis and a healthy dose of racism (which I remind you is rooted in tribal resource competition) and you can probably guess what's going to loving happen. even if europe/china successfully avoids :killing:, an sudden influx of dozens of millions is going to strain economies and societies really loving hard and lead to things starting to burst at the seams. current predictions are that we're going to have ~200 million migrants worldwide displaced by climate change by 2050, with 1 billion (!!!) being the upper end. there are effectively no contingency plans being made right now for this poo poo

what a time to be alive

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

HELL YES

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

all that meltdown tells me is America is uniquely positioned to continue owning the poo poo out of everyone

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

3 pee? oh,

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Der Meister posted:

all that meltdown tells me is America is uniquely positioned to continue owning the poo poo out of everyone

including itself

the big winners in global warming incidentally are the nordic states

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

SKULL.GIF posted:

and

one thing we know about humanity, is that we will not do the needful until the second it becomes the needful, and usually much much later

we are going to die

namaste

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Don't rain on the parade, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJhOaBelDsg

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

I don't know anything about baseball but this man has the power of the tweets

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
well poo poo, I guess I see like ten parades every day on my way home from work

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

one thing we know about humanity, is that we will not do the needful until the second it becomes the needful, and usually much much later

we are going to die

namaste

peace be with u (and also with u)

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
slow thread. the failing nite crew is in a complete DEATH SPIRAL. Very low energy! sad!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

let the storms of death wash over me like TRUMP

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

the word of the orb (thanks be to tromp)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
imagine thinking it's nite crew at 7pm pst lmao

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Flavius Belisarius posted:

well poo poo, I guess I see like ten parades every day on my way home from work