Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Imagine if the Lakers had a promising young point guard and weren't basically forced to draft a new one at #2

I'm so sorry Rick

Yeah you beat me to it. They had the pieces to fleece Phil yesterday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I am someone who enjoys when bad things happen to the Knicks but this seems too cruel.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/877696967119323136

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

[pic of isiah thomas with "MISS ME YET?" photoshopped on]

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Niwrad posted:

I am someone who enjoys when bad things happen to the Knicks but this seems too cruel.

:same: I've laughed at them plenty before, but this is the first time I've ever felt really bad for them. This is awful.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Jackson should just put his money where his mouth is and stretch Melo.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I don't hate myself enough to watch Knicks games, how sure of a thing is Porzingis? His stats look average, which honestly isn't a huge red flag for a guy that young on a team that bad. But he's also been injured a few times, correct?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be flipping my poo poo if I was a Knicks fan, but what are the chances this trade doesn't look totally terrible 5 years from now?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Rick posted:

Hey man, let's wait to see what Mr Big Shot GM does first

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

Stu Hart style

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Sheriff posted:

I don't hate myself enough to watch Knicks games, how sure of a thing is Porzingis? His stats look average, which honestly isn't a huge red flag for a guy that young on a team that bad. But he's also been injured a few times, correct?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be flipping my poo poo if I was a Knicks fan, but what are the chances this trade doesn't look totally terrible 5 years from now?

He's really good and a perfect player for a modern big, but I'm wary of his health. He sprints down the court and takes cuts that can't be healthy for someone who's 7'3".

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sheriff posted:

Athletic 7'3 Center who can knock down a 3. Kind of perfect for today's NBA.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

xbilkis posted:

If he turns his assets into an actual player he dies in real life

He's holding out for the deal worth dying for

lol

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Phil saw the vid of Kris strugglin with air squats and was like he got to go.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He's really good and a perfect player for a modern big, but I'm wary of his health. He sprints down the court and takes cuts that can't be healthy for someone who's 7'3".

i would bet that that could be improved if he goes to another team that isnt too dysfunctional to have any trainers that can teach players to move better and not derrick rose themselves to death

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the knicks' training staff is phil gives everyone a book to read

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He's a kid that hasn't grown into his frame or the NBA grind. I think he's made it clear he's not happy with N.Y. Cough Phil

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lmao yessss! Don't wave that no-trade clause Melo. Get fuckin' paid.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Rick posted:

Agreed. I'm sick of Jackson constantly poo poo talking Melo to the media trying to shame him and get him to be annoyed enough that he would agree to waive his no trade clause or whatever. You're the dumb rear end in a top hat that signed him to the contract.

It makes me really happy that Melo has just told the Knicks to gently caress themselves and smiled as he cashed his big rear end checks.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I hope Melo opts into his player option after next year just to spite Phil

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Can't wait for the Knicks to be forced to Waive Melo

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/KennyDucey/status/877702259697754113

-Asking price is "two starters and a pick"?
-Kristaps still hasn't talked to the Knicks other than via text?

3 + Crowder + Bradley get it done Danny

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
That Instagram model Porzingis hit on would be a better Knicks GM and owner.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

xbilkis posted:

Get outta here man.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

two firsts and a s&t of patty mills for zingis do it RC

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 22, 2017

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

I had to google this and it had the funniest preview image I've ever seen

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/KennyDucey/status/877702259697754113

-Asking price is "two starters and a pick"?
-Kristaps still hasn't talked to the Knicks other than via text?

Boosh! posted:

Get outta here man.

Agree with Boosh that's way too much to offer for a dude who is leaving.

AsInHowe posted:

Also agree.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Stu Hart style

Lmao.

Ancient Phil Jackson in his 1970s Knicks gear vs Melo in the 1849 Gold Rush Miner clothes that he got someone to stencil his name and number on that he currently wears in the squared circle would be pretty wonderful.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Wade had to opt in to his option so he could finally afford correctly sized golf clubs

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Today has been kinda slow but tomorrow is gonna amazing. I can feel it.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Outside of the possible Porzingis trade, is there anything else that could happen tomorrow?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Someone will drop a bench player for a late pick and the thread will lose its mind for some loving reason

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Paul George wackiness

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Niwrad posted:

Outside of the possible Porzingis trade, is there anything else that could happen tomorrow?

Portland has three non-lottery picks and a Meatwad they need to ditch

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Even as a draft fan, and a fan of watching the whole draft, the second round might be pretty rough this year since it's mostly the same teams. Although the Celtics literally making up names or prospects by the end might be cool.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Niwrad posted:

Blazers better do something with their 3 1st round picks and 2 awful contracts!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Niwrad posted:

Dwight howard got traded for a plumlee, anything can happen

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

bulls acquire three more point guards, none of whom can shoot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Niwrad posted:

https://twitter.com/AnthonyIrwinLA/status/877696765784334337

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

R.D. Mangles posted:

bulls acquire three more point guards, none of whom can shoot

By the way, incredibly amused that the Wizards got a way better point guard that can space the floor in Frazier for a 2nd rounder while the Bulls gave up almost everything for MCW and Payne

• Locked thread