Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Solemn Sloth posted:

Any suggestions for where to find round slottas for beastmen? They don't fit 25mm rounds without clipping, and even then I think they'd be quite top heavy

There's some 32mm slottas coming out for Blood Bowl soon, those'll fit if you don't mind having to green stuff/cover the little slot the ball pegs into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

SteelMentor posted:

There's some 32mm slottas coming out for Blood Bowl soon, those'll fit if you don't mind having to green stuff/cover the little slot the ball pegs into.

This sounds great, thank you

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Finished up my first of 3 Lord Relictors from the Howling Dracoths Stormhost.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I want a Bloodsecrator but hate watching auctions. What's a good bits supplier that can help me out?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

mango sentinel posted:

I want a Bloodsecrator but hate watching auctions. What's a good bits supplier that can help me out?

Buy it Now is your friend.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

I played my first game of AoS yesterday. I really enjoyed it.

I had the contents of the Skeleton Horde start collecting box (Mannfred, 10 skeletons, 5 black knights) + necromancer, 20 zombies and a cairn wraith. My opponent was a more experienced local tournament player but he spun up a 1000pt Stormcast list to play against me (2 5-man archer squads, 1 squad of basic hammer stormcasts, lord celestant on dracoth, 2 dracoth-riding Monster hunters and one more Lord-something on foot).

It was the scenario with 4 objectives (2 in the deployment zones and 2 on the midline).I was able to somehow tie up the archers the whole game with the black knights and cairn wraith and the zombies and skeletons occupied everyone else long enough for Mannfred to start killing everything without getting hurt too much at once. I cleared the board on round 5 but he won on objective points.

It was one of the better first game experiences I've had. The rules are easy to grasp and I understood why I lost (failed to account for possibility of him getting two turns in a row, should have sent the zombie tarpit to camp an objective, should have kept the skeletons in Deathless Minions range, etc).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Danimo posted:

I played my first game of AoS yesterday. I really enjoyed it.

I had the contents of the Skeleton Horde start collecting box (Mannfred, 10 skeletons, 5 black knights) + necromancer, 20 zombies and a cairn wraith. My opponent was a more experienced local tournament player but he spun up a 1000pt Stormcast list to play against me (2 5-man archer squads, 1 squad of basic hammer stormcasts, lord celestant on dracoth, 2 dracoth-riding Monster hunters and one more Lord-something on foot).

It was the scenario with 4 objectives (2 in the deployment zones and 2 on the midline).I was able to somehow tie up the archers the whole game with the black knights and cairn wraith and the zombies and skeletons occupied everyone else long enough for Mannfred to start killing everything without getting hurt too much at once. I cleared the board on round 5 but he won on objective points.

It was one of the better first game experiences I've had. The rules are easy to grasp and I understood why I lost (failed to account for possibility of him getting two turns in a row, should have sent the zombie tarpit to camp an objective, should have kept the skeletons in Deathless Minions range, etc).

Arkhan, Mannfred is a different big unit.

Unless you somehow got Mannfred instead.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 5, 2017

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Arkhan, Mannfred is a different big unit.

Unless you somehow got Mannfred instead.

The kit has the parts for all 3 so I built Mannfred (entirely based on Total War Warhammer recognition)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Danimo posted:

The kit has the parts for all 3 so I built Mannfred (entirely based on Total War Warhammer recognition)

Oh thats cool I did not know that.

Well now I know if I even want to get the Mortarchs, I should just buy the skeleton sets.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Anyone tried the Hinterlands skirmish at all? I'm hearing about balance issues with Skirmish and was wondering if I should just bypass it altogether and go to Hinterlands.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

berzerkmonkey posted:

Anyone tried the Hinterlands skirmish at all? I'm hearing about balance issues with Skirmish and was wondering if I should just bypass it altogether and go to Hinterlands.

There'll be a new Hinterlands overlay for skirmish.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
My slaves to darkness box came in.

So how do the equipment options work? Does the whole unit have to have the same weapons? And for example the knight standard replaces the rune shield, does that model not have a rune shield now?

I joined an escalation league, here's my current gameplan.

500 pts: Lord of chaos, 10 chaos warriors, 5 chaos knights
1000: Add sorceror lord, 10 warriors, chariot, herald of nurgle
1500: Add 10 plaguebearers, 3 plague drones, 5 putrid blight kings
2000: Add 10 plaguebearers, 5 putrid blight kings, great unclean one

What's a good way to nurglize my slaves to darkness?

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 7, 2017

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
We just recently had a discussion on the last page, but to recap: Unless stated otherwise, all models in a unit have to take the same equipment. Generally for infantry you want polearms since the 2" reach lets you get in way more attacks, but I think Chaos Warrior halberds are sold separately as an upgrade sprue because old GW.

Musicians and Standard Bearers are treated in combat as any other model in the unit, even if they're modeled differently AFAIK.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Any suggestions on third party sources for fantasy halberds like that in the US? Needs to be US because these have to be painted by the end of the month, and I'm not dropping $30 on finecast halberds.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Anyone who uses the AoS app, is there anyway to "forget" stuff I've downloaded and don't care about anymore? I downloaded the app when I learned about Skirmish, and I immediately started downloading basically anything for which I own or have ever owned a model. Now, the unnecessary stuff seems to be taking up a lot of space on my phone.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Sulecrist posted:

Anyone who uses the AoS app, is there anyway to "forget" stuff I've downloaded and don't care about anymore? I downloaded the app when I learned about Skirmish, and I immediately started downloading basically anything for which I own or have ever owned a model. Now, the unnecessary stuff seems to be taking up a lot of space on my phone.

I believe if you hold click it you can delete

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

chutche2 posted:

Any suggestions on third party sources for fantasy halberds like that in the US? Needs to be US because these have to be painted by the end of the month, and I'm not dropping $30 on finecast halberds.

For US I think the best bet would be Reaper https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Weapons/latest

Out of the US there are a fair bit of options that are way less expensive than Forge World, but that doesn't help due to your time constraint.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I just found someone selling 8 old halberd chaos warriors on ebay that I snapped up. The box comes with 12 and I planned on running 20, so including the standard and horn blower that doesn't need a halberd I'm set for next month since I just needed 10 for now. I also have 2 leftovers from my knight kit I can convert. So now I can look at some super cheap Polish places or whatever for some. Any you would reccomend?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
If you get real desperate: Give them Axes, cut and shave down some sprue into a lower haft, shave another piece of sprue into a spike to glue on top.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

mango sentinel posted:

If you get real desperate: Give them Axes, cut and shave down some sprue into a lower haft, shave another piece of sprue into a spike to glue on top.

I was actually thinking about putting axe blades onto some of my bigger thunder hammer shafts.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So you guys probably know the best for this question, but some guy is selling off a bunch of stuff and is asking $800 for it. He says it includes these:

(that's including the terrain table)

plus: 3 boxes of skeleton warriors & coven throne/ mortis engine box & terrorgheist /zombie dragon box, VC 8th edition army box, and death battle tome for AOS. He's asking $800 for the lot and I was wondering how much of a deal this is. I know lol GW prices but my friend and I might split this and use it for KOW or other stuff.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Chill la Chill posted:

So you guys probably know the best for this question, but some guy is selling off a bunch of stuff and is asking $800 for it. He says it includes these:

plus: 3 boxes of skeleton warriors & coven throne/ mortis engine box & terrorgheist /zombie dragon box, VC 8th edition army box, and death battle tome for AOS. He's asking $800 for the lot and I was wondering how much of a deal this is. I know lol GW prices but my friend and I might split this and use it for KOW or other stuff.

Yeah that is a pretty good deal

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

If you are splitting off and willing to ship I've been trying to get that center terrain piece for a while now...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

If you are splitting off and willing to ship I've been trying to get that center terrain piece for a while now...

It's a pretty nice set agreed.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

TKIY posted:

I'm mostly wondering how to store all of it if we do get it. I do want to keep big tower thing if that's what you mean. would be a nice centerpiece for a frostgrave map.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

I'm mostly wondering how to store all of it if we do get it. I do want to keep big tower thing if that's what you mean. would be a nice centerpiece for a frostgrave map.

It's called Skullvane Manse. The last NIB one I saw on eBay was $375.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Some recently painted stuff. The slaughterbrute isn't new (and looks like he needs a dusting), but the rest is. Closing in on 1000 points of painted Blades of Khorne.

Time to take a break from Sigmar and paint some space marines.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hard to say for certain, but it looks like a lot of really nicely painted stuff. id say 800 is a pretty drat good price

e:also those are some drat fine looking khorne boys you got there green marine

Kung Fu Fist Fuck fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 8, 2017

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Finished my Palladors.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Kinda want a soul grinder, how are they?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GreenMarine posted:

Finished my Palladors.

drat dude, very nice. I like the contrast on the front bird-horse. (I should know it's name, I play Stormcast, but I don't.)

What colors did you use for the skin/fur?

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

I looked in SA Mart and couldn't find a warhams thread. Thought I'd ask here if anyone wants to take a bunch of Orcs and Goblins off my hands, before I go to ebay. I bought all this stuff years back and only ever painted one squad of night-goblins, assembled a couple other things, and the rest is still on sprue. What I got:

All the night-goblin stuff from Battle for Skull Pass (apparently these guys are now called Moonclan Grots)

20 spearmen, painted, incl command trio(one speartip is broke off, and included to be glued back on, musician's gong is broke off, can't find it)
20 spearmen, unpainted, incl command trio
20 archers, unpainted, incl command trio
1 night-goblin big boss, unpainted
1 night-goblin shaman, unpainted
1 troll
9 goblin spider riders (should be 10, can't find the commander. do have the musician and standard bearer)
Misc terrain bits: Mogg war-totem, captured dwarf, 6 battlefield markers

Also have the following non-Skull Pass stuff:

35 Orc Boyz (Greenskinz). 15 of the leg pairs only have been cut from the sprues and glued down on bases. The rest are still on sprue. That's 8 srpues of basic boyz and 2 sprues of the command trio, plus 8 sprues of shields, incl. bases.
10 Goblin Spider Riders (Spiderfang Grots), still on sprue, incl. bases.
10 Black Orcs (Ironjawz Ardboyz), incl command trio, still on sprue.
1 Orc Warboss (Greenskinz), assembled, unpainted. I assembled it as a warboss mounted on boar, and a battle standard bearer on foot. One of the boss's arms fell off, but can easily be glued back on.
1 Orc Boar Chariot (Greenskinz), partially assembled, unpainted. A few bits are broken off, but are included and can be glued back toegether. The chariot is pretty much completely assembled, the crew are still on sprue.
Maybe also have 10 more Black Orcs, assembled and unpainted. Haven't been able to find them, but I got one more box to go through.

Also also have:

10 high-elf swordmasters, incl command trio. 1 painted, 1 with some paint on it that was just testing colors for something else, the rest unpainted.
5 high-elf White Lions, incl command trio, metal, unpainted.
A bag of all the left over bits from building 10 Black Orcs
A 5th Edition Dwarfs Army Book
A Sabol Designs ArmyTransport bag with all uncut pluck and play foam. 2x 2" trays, 6x 1" trays (a very small bit has been plucked out of one of the 1" trays, the rest are new).

Will entertain any reasonable offers, and I don't mind breaking it up into smaller lots. Feel free to PM me.

St0rmD fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 12, 2017

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

GreenMarine posted:

Some recently painted stuff. The slaughterbrute isn't new (and looks like he needs a dusting), but the rest is. Closing in on 1000 points of painted Blades of Khorne.

Time to take a break from Sigmar and paint some space marines.

Wow these are great. The skin and scarring effects especially are fantastic. Puts my khorn boys to shame.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
It's about to get spooky:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

The shape of those bases! What devilry is this!?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

That basing is incredible. it looks like actual windswept dunes!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nebalebadingdong posted:

looks like base toppers to me

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Dipped Oreos
Sugar Skellingtons

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
There's a leaked image of the General's Handbook 2 from a French WD Thunder & Blood starter booklet, so it looks like the release will be soon?

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

There's a leaked image of the General's Handbook 2 from a French WD Thunder & Blood starter booklet, so it looks like the release will be soon?

Looks like you were right.

• Locked thread