Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Lady Stoneheart is as dumb of a plot line as Farya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The show needed more flaming swords

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Trailer was good but was that really best line reading they could get out of Sansa at the end.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Sansa should have died 7 seasons ago

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So Danny and Jon bang the end

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

RC Cola posted:

So Danny and Jon bang the end

Truly, this was A Song Of Ice And Fire

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

A delayed season 8 is pretty much confirmed at this point. They want to film at the Dragonpit again and some other location in March 2018.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Honestly the last season should air in winter. Or at least the fall when it starts to get colder.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

In It For The Tank posted:

Trailer was good but was that really best line reading they could get out of Sansa at the end.

She's not a good actor so yes.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

How many episodes are gonna leak this time?

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
I don't know about the rest of you old salty fuckers but this late in the game I'm more exhausted about it than excited. Like, I'm glad I'll get to have a loving ending to a story I started fifteen years ago, so that's cool, but it feels more like an obligation than something I can't wait to see (like the first season).

Pretty good preview though.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Demiurge4 posted:

How many episodes are gonna leak this time?

None, because they aren't giving out episodes to critics ahead of time.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

3Romeo posted:

I don't know about the rest of you old salty fuckers but this late in the game I'm more exhausted about it than excited. Like, I'm glad I'll get to have a loving ending to a story I started fifteen years ago, so that's cool, but it feels more like an obligation than something I can't wait to see (like the first season).

Pretty good preview though.

I feel this way too and I never even read the books. I just want this poo poo to be over.

And so I am pissed that Season 8 will be delayed. loving bullshit that they want some unique locations just film everything in a studio backlot somewhere I don't care just get it done.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

A delayed season 8 is pretty much confirmed at this point. They want to film at the Dragonpit again and some other location in March 2018.

Jesus just cgi that poo poo and get this over with. Ita not like they dont have to add a ton of cgi to every location shot anyway.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

hanales posted:

Lady Stoneheart is as dumb of a plot line as Farya.

Grass is always greener...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha, people complaining about a years delay. My sweet summer children...

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ha, people complaining about a years delay. My sweet summer children...

:trumppop:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What? The production wants some elaborate sets that are going to take forever to prep? Thankfully we have these great actors and script writers we can just push some bottle eps onto.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

kater posted:

What? The production wants some elaborate sets that are going to take forever to prep? Thankfully we have these great actors and script writers we can just push some bottle eps onto.

From what I heard the main reason for the delays of both Seasons 7 and 8 were so that they were able to do most of the filming during the winter since that's, ya know, a pretty major plot point. #WinterIsHere

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

King of Foolians posted:

From what I heard the main reason for the delays of both Seasons 7 and 8 were so that they were able to do most of the filming during the winter since that's, ya know, a pretty major plot point. #WinterIsHere

That's stupid. Go film in New Zealand or somewhere where its Winter right now. Or do what a billion other big productions do to simulate winter without actually needing it to be winter.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Can you imagine being such poo poo gently caress hack writers that you cut 85% of what you're adapting to TV and still have poo poo filler plotlines and episodes

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
so apparently beric dondarrion is azor ahai :confused:

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Teikanmi posted:

I think he's just sorta an undead fighter/mage/cleric.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's not like he didn't do the thing in S3.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Teikanmi posted:

Pretty weird that they spoil that in the trailer.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Wheres hot pie, that wolf pastry is gonna look like a work of art by now

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Phi230 posted:

Can you imagine being such poo poo gently caress hack writers that you cut 85% of what you're adapting to TV and still have poo poo filler plotlines and episodes

You like Black Sails lmao.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

Wheres hot pie, that wolf pastry is gonna look like a workwarg of art by now

Come on man. Step up your game in the spoiler thread.

edit:
Also do you have link to what caused your red text? I've always wondered bout it.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I did the world's first kickstarter* to have a good time with a short girl.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

NomChompsky posted:

You like Black Sails lmao.

Black Sails is dope, suck my butt

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phi230 posted:

Black Sails is dope, play with my rear end

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

Lycus posted:

It's not like he didn't do the thing in S3.

Goons are bad at watching stuff.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Beric's definitely not Azor Ahai in the books since he's dead. I don't know why they included the whole flaming sword bit with Beric but didn't let Stannis have Lightbringer.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Thoros of Myr runs around with a flaming sword. Maybe Thoros dies/died off screen and now Beric is continuing the tradition for some reason whatever gently caress you flaming sword gently caress you dumbass

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Phi230 posted:

Thoros of Myr runs around with a flaming sword. Maybe Thoros dies/died off screen and now Beric is continuing the tradition for some reason whatever gently caress you flaming sword gently caress you dumbass

Thoros and Beric are bros, Thoros taught him the fire sword thing.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

And beric taught him how to love

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Goons, Beric magically ignited his sword in ASoS and S3. This is not invented for S7 or the show in general.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
D&D desperately want lightsaber fights

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Phi230 posted:

I've never read the books but I understand that they're more like 98% poo poo filler soooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

I've never read the books but I understand that they're more like 98% poo poo filler soooo

Not at all. At least 10% is dedicated to boiled leather.

• Locked thread