Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cythereal posted:

The first Zelda game I ever played had a tree propose to Link.
Oracle of... Ages, right?

Junpei posted:

Whenever I see Sidon, I automatically think "Believe in the fishman who believes in you!".
:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PMush Perfect posted:

Oracle of... Ages, right?

Yup. Much like Ruto, she basically proposes to you when she's a child, then when you come back later after a time jump, she expects you to honor it. :v:

But like I said, to me the whole every woman's in love with Link thing has gone from a funny joke to downright creepy.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Maybe it's just me, but somewhere along the line seemingly every woman in Zelda games having the hots for link (whether or not they're mammals, or in one case from my childhood, even an animal) went from an amusing joke to downright creepy.

I had a novelization of one of the games, and there was even a tree who wanted to marry him.

Beaten like a horse who wants to marry Link.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Prince Sidon is the best character in the game and no one else comes close. :colbert:

Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

It's like they hybridized Kamina with a shark.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
It was a neat idea to make the various Zoras have different fish-shaped heads. Muzu's a manta ray, Sidon's a hammerhead shark, the king of course is a great white. They do a good job integrating the various fishes to make that particular zora's facial expression have certain tone to it. Muzu looks droopy and sad while Sidon looks aggressive and heroic.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Completely forgot until just now when I started recording gameplay, but Spirit Orb results.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Completely forgot until just now when I started recording gameplay, but Spirit Orb results.
Nice.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
It's really nice that you can swap those at any time. Especially if you're like me and can never decide which one you should go for.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Mzbundifund posted:

It was a neat idea to make the various Zoras have different fish-shaped heads. Muzu's a manta ray, Sidon's a hammerhead shark, the king of course is a great white. They do a good job integrating the various fishes to make that particular zora's facial expression have certain tone to it. Muzu looks droopy and sad while Sidon looks aggressive and heroic.

It's a neat idea but it also makes a lot of sense? The human-readable parts of most of your aquarium all-stars are basically just a face and a haircut.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I love Prince Jojofish.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Mega64 posted:

You should definitely add a third option to not take an upgrade, because that is a good idea that will in no way lock you to your current health/stamina.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I can swap whenever I want to for a small fee, small enough that it's trivial to grind the cash off-screen if needed. I'm not going to worry about it.

Also I'm busier than usual so I'm slowing down the pace of updates for a bit. Hope to have the next one up tomorrow but we'll see.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

So last time, we got some backstory on Link's history here and also a plan to take on the Divine Beast Vah Ruta.

I'll be honest, not much of note will happen this update, as the majority will be wandering Zora's Domain and talking to the various residents. So if that doesn't interest you, you'll probably want to check out after we do this shrine.

This one is very easy to find, right in the middle of the domain, under the throne room.

Music: Shrine Theme

This one is kinda weird.

A ton of balls rolling downhill and constantly respawning.

At the top, this weird-looking ball. At the bottom-right of this area, a hole for it to go into. The trick is to find a way to guide the ball to that hole.

Also a chest here.

https://i.mega64.net/botw/u30/008.mp4

There's not really one particular way to approach this from what I've seen, though the best way to get the ball off is to push it off with Cryonis. I may not have realized that the first time I did this shrine.

That'll get the ball here, where another Cryonis block will push it along a path that will inevitably lead it to fall off. The idea is to lead it from the left side of the incline all the way to the right, where you can lead it to the hole to open the gate leading to the monk.

https://i.mega64.net/botw/u30/014.mp4

For this one, though, I opted to Stasis it at the end of the incline to push it into the hole. Luckily it worked first try.

This took me awhile my first time playing, but luckily it went a lot smoother this time.

Music: Zora's Domain (Day)

A lot of neat stuff surrounding the shrine.

More speed-boosting items.

More deadly weaponry.

And crabs.

We'll start on the right side, where the shop is.

This is where you'll find our general store, the Coral Reef. Our workshop, the Hammerhead, is also here.

Marot Mart:

Yep! The general store and the workshop... They're the best shops EVER! And together they're caaaaalled...

That's my theme song! Isn't it cute?!

The general store:

Our general store has been in business for over 100 years. It has a long and honorable history. The shopkeep, Cleff, is really serious. But his younger sister, Tona, is head over fins for Prince Sidon! Kee hee!

The workshop:

The old man in the workshop, his name is Dento... He's my grandpa!

There's two sections to this area. The front end is the general store.

We also carry arrows for travelers. If you see something you like, just go grab it from the table.

What is this place?

This is our general store, the Coral Reef. If you are in the market for fresh fish, you have come to the right place! I have already told you that we carry arrows, but you should know the only ones we can't sell are shock arrows. We Zora are a water-dwelling people, so we're weak to electricity...

How's business?

Not bad! Or...I'd like to say that, but it actually hasn't been that great lately. Our goods are mostly for travelers...but we haven't been getting too many of those around here lately. *sigh* At this rate, we may have to close our doors like the armor shop did...

There's a bit of variety here, including some fish, swift violets, and ice arrows. Nothing I particularly want to buy at this time, though.

Also of note is the lack of armor shop. Zora's Domain and Lurelin Village are the only non-Stables civilized areas that don't sell armor. For the other Zora armor, we'll have to look elsewhere (though rest assured I'll have both by the end of the next update).

What is this place?

The weapons workshop...

What are you doing?

Trident maintenance...

A trident?

The Lightscale Trident and the ceremonial trident...

There is no point in coming here if you do not possess the Lightscale Trident. Leave. Now.

Friendly guy!

Now for our first encounter with a Goron.

You're a Hylian, aren't you? It's rare to see your kind around here. As for me, I was roamin' nearby during my travels when Prince Sidon recruited me and brought me here. That's cuz I can touch shock arrows. But I also weigh...well, a lot.

That was kinda rude of him, wasn't it?

Poor Reagah.

On the left side of the domain is the inn, complete with cooking pot.

Wait...Linny?

Yes, I'm sure of it! You're Linny! Wow, it's been such a long time! Wait, but...I thought you and Mipha...fell to Calamity Ganon. And if you've been alive all this time, where have you been? What have you been doing? Please, tell me!

Has it really been 100 years? In a way, it feels like yesterday... We've both been through a lot, I'm sure. If you don't mind, I'd love to catch up sometime soon.

Almost every adult Zora here knows Link, it seems like. He must've lived pretty close to Zora's Domain to know everyone this well.

And if conversations with fish people aren't holding your interest, maybe this photograph of a torch will!

Not to brag, but I think it's an incredibly adequate photograph of a torch.

I need to go to the Bank of Wishes to send a letter...but Mother won't let me go because of that water monster. She treats me like I'm still a child. It's sooo condescending. It's really terrible to be at that awkward Zora age where I'm a young woman but I haven't had my growth spurt yet. Just my luck to be a late bloomer. I'll probably NEVER grow taller. Ugh, it's awful to be me sometimes.

Uh, thanks for all of that.

Letter:

Bank of Wishes:

The Bank of Wishes is halfway down Zora River. If you send a letter down the river from the Bank of Wishes and get a reply...that person will be yours forever! That's how the legend goes, anyway.

Who are you:

I'm Finley. All the other girls are head over flippers for Prince Sidon... But not me. I believe everyone has their own special prince out there, just waiting for them!

Finally, the innkeeper.

Wait... It can't be... Y-you're Master Link! From 100 years ago! *ahem* Sorry. Back to work I go.

Water bed?

You wish to know about our water bed? Well, as the name implies...it is a bed filled with water. It conforms to the shape of your body, so it's like being wrapped up in a cocoon as you sleep. Very calming. Oh, and its incredible cooling effect promises a level of sleeping comfort you simply can't find elsewhere.

Pass. Too many rupees for something food can do much more easily (and cheaply).

We're done on the lower levels for now. Let's go outward and then make our way up.

I don't think it's possible, but I'd better ask just to be sure...

...Zora?

You got me.

I knew it! The only people who know that password are members of the Big Bad Bazz Brigade!

Just taking a nap, no biggie.

As though you could sleep for that long. Hmph.

King Dorephan:

He is the father of Princess Mipha and Prince Sidon. Princess Mipha fell to Calamity Ganon...100 years ago. It has certainly been difficult ever since.

This option unlocks asking about Mipha.

Master Link... Do not tell me you have forgotten Lady Mipha... Lady Mipha was admired by everyone in the domain. She was the beloved princess of the Zora. But then... Do you really not remember? Lady Mipha was... Actually, I think it would be best if you heard this from King Dorephan.

So who are you?

Me? I am Bazz. A hundred years ago, you frequently trained me in the art of the blade. Remember? Thanks to that, I made great progress with my sword training, and now I am captain of the Zora's Domain guard!

All the elders despise Link since they blame the death of Mipha on Link's failure to stop Calamity Ganon, but the middle-aged Zora remember Link fondly from hanging out with them all the time.

It's certainly weird exploring a place where everyone knows who you are when you don't remember any of them.

There's a floor between the base where the Mipha statue and the commercial areas are and the throne room above, where King Dorephan hangs out. There's a few small swimming pools in the area, and of course more Zora hanging out here. This one in particular has a nice quest for us worth doing.

How did you guess?

Prince Sidon ran off through the eastern gate. He was shouting something like...

Sure are.

If so, I have a request that is...somewhat related.

I REALLY need a picture of a Lynel. It can be a picture of any red-maned Lynel. Not just the one on the mountain.

We're gonna come across it anyway, so what's the harm?

I am glad that was settled so quickly. See, there's this fool in the domain who goads people into jumping off of Shatterback Point on Ploymus Mountain. It's an incredibly dangerous jump, and this guy pressures people into jumping off by questioning their courage. He's a real bottom-feeder. If this keeps up, someone is surely going to wind up horribly injured! I need a picture of a Lynel to show everyone how scary they are. That way, maybe people will stop going up there. Does that answer your question, Link?

We'll get to this once we go up there to get those shock arrows. Why not kill two birds with one stone, right?

Hate this 48-picture limit.

There we go.

Wait a moment... You... You're Link! The perpetrator who forced Lady Mipha to join his crusade 100 years ago, only to be destroyed by Calamity Ganon! As though I could ever forget that face. You should know that the elderly here who loved Lady Mipha still remember...and they still resent you.

Link... I have retired from my role as a priest. I am now living my life free from the material concerns of this world. However... Ever since I retired, each day is more boring than the last... Spending day after day in idleness, only to pass from this world soon... Link... As I'm sure you are well aware, the afterlife lays claim to all. We never know when it will beckon.

Joining two souls is a true honor, one I shall stake my life on. Just one more wedding...and I shall be fulfilled.

Kapson's not that bad for an elder. Unfortunately we haven't met any engaged couples quite yet.

The name's Tona! I'm a member of Prince Sidon's fan club.

There's a whole fan club dedicated to wooing over Prince Sidon.

...Sounds about right.

Just a Hylian.

A Hylian?! Cool! But, ya know, Prince Sidon...is much cooler! Hee hee!

Oh? Oh! You're the guy from Inogo Bridge!

Of course!

That's the spirit! We can't touch shock arrows ourselves, so we're really counting on you!

Hmm... A traveler, eh? Upon this stone monument is the proud history of the Zora, as dictated by King Dorephan himself many years ago.

Must be difficult.

The Hylian...who stole away our Lady Mipha! And what's more, the Champion who...

Wait a minute-

Do you not understand the gravity of what you have done?! Not only did you Hylians fail to stop Calamity Ganon 100 years ago... But you went and stole our Lady Mipha from us!

Yikes.

This inscription is the same as we saw earlier.

I am the president of Prince Sidon's fan club. My name is Tula.

Sure do!

That's just what I'd expect from our Prince Sidon! His renown has even reached you, Hylian.

Oh! I'm sorry... *ahem* Anyway... Prince Sidon is a man with magnificent ideas. Oh, I know! Why don't you go and have a chat with Prince Sidon? Yes, do!

Last NPC for this update, I promise.

It's me! I'm the one Prince Sidon left at the top of the tower! The name's Gruve! In the end, I wasn't able to join up with Prince Sidon...

How so?

It is my observation that a person's true colors shine the brightest when they dive freely into the waves!

Wearing the Zora armor, even a Hylian like you can climb a waterfall and get back up here in no time at all. That said, if you don't mind me asking, would you please show me your true colors as you dive into the water?

To dive headfirst, simply be moving forward as you jump into water.

https://i.mega64.net/botw/u30/221.mp4

Like so.

Radiant beauty!

Easier said than done, right?

Well, now is the time to show off our newest trick.

https://i.mega64.net/botw/u30/226.mp4

When wearing the Zora Armor, pressing A next to a waterfall causes Link to automatically swim upon, ultimately flying above the waterfall to immediately glide to wherever he pleases. A great way to get some height!

You showed me something truly special! Thank you so much! Now then, come over here real quick!

All we have to do is glide back down to where Gruve is.

I saw your dive and waterfall climb with my own lucky eyes! And now those very eyes are flooded with tears of joy!

Considering the effort required to do this side quest, this is reasonable enough reward.

Oh! I feel emotionally ravaged after that! It's not every day I get to see a diving form as beautiful as yours, you know! I'll be looking forward to your next dive! I really will!

Gotta love easy side quests.

Finally, you guys voted for another Heart Container, so here we go.

Next time, we chat up the final several NPCs we run into, then we'll finally meet up with that Lynel. How bad could it be?

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 25, 2017

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
He's named friggin' Lionel! How bad could it be?

vdate fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 22, 2017

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
I love the implications of Zora domain and was very glad I hit upon it first...even if I put the dungeons off till SWORD.

The idea that link basically grew up in the zora Domain is pretty clear after all. NPCs in the region all know him and it's pretty clear that many of them were childhood friends of his. Including as demonstrated in the memory we have of Mipha, the way she was looking at link in that one memory, and straight up the armor; Mipha.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gotta say, I like Mipha a lot more the Ruto. The execution feels more fleshed-out, and a little less creepy.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

PMush Perfect posted:

Gotta say, I like Mipha a lot more the Ruto. The execution feels more fleshed-out, and a little less creepy.

That and her dungeon is much better then Ruto's dungeons.

That goddamn fish I swear next time the Zora can just get him an antacid

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The reason Link has such a good dive is probably because of all the time he spent with the Zora tribe a century ago.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that they put in a guy to tutorialize the diving and waterfall climbing and the excuse they gave him is that he's basically trying to cook off all the adrenaline after he dove off a tower into the river.

...I wonder if there's a place on the tower you'd be able to do that from, or if you'd need to have a little Zora air control.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Klaus88 posted:

That and her dungeon is much better then Ruto's dungeons.

That goddamn fish I swear next time the Zora can just get him an antacid

efforts to bottle Link for future use, while enthusiastically supported by Princess Ruto, ran into logistical issues

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Update should be today. Until then, here's a teaser.

https://my.mixtape.moe/ueaigc.mp4

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

WHAT DID YOU DO TO POOR GANONHOOF?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
This is why you never let Ganon ride your horse; he corrupts it into a creepy centaur-monstrosity.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

no maple you're supposed to dodge away from attacks not into them

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Three more NPCs and we'll get back to some gameplay. Promise!

Yeah, as a Hylian our heads aren't shaped like various aquatic creatures.

Hy...leon? Never met one of those before! If you're a Hy-leon, that means you came from really far away, right?!

Ever since the water monster went crazy, Mom hasn't come home... But, I mean, I bet she'll come home sooner or later... Hopefully sooner.

That's...probably not good.

One last side quest for now.

Thank you for coming so quickly! You listened to what King Dorephan had to say! Yes, so that is the cause of our suffering in Zora's Domain. It is all because of that beast, Ruta.

Materials?

Yes... Repairs require a large number of luminous stones. You can find plenty of them around Upland Zorana. Have you, by chance, already stumbled across some luminous stones during your travels?

We've already gotten quite a few, easily more than ten. Might as well complete this one while we're here!

Luminous stones?

Luminous stones were part of the raw materials used to build Zora's Domain. In the past, luminous stones were often mined from Upland Zorana...which is why Zora's Domain was built here. That's the story, anyway.

Fronk?

Fronk and I are Master Dento's faithful apprentices. Fronk and I are always striving to better ourselves in the workshop. Master always tells us, "Repairing the domain is part of your training." So that's what we're doing now.

Let's turn in the stones.

Thank you! You're really giving me 10 luminous stones?!

Yes, he really does count each individual one. I will spare you from reading it.

Oh, that's right... I must reward you!

And what's more, I'll give you one extra as a bonus!

You're a lifesaver! Truly! If you ever find yourself in possession of 10 luminous stones in the future, I hope you will bring them to me. But if that happens, know that I'll only be able to give you one diamond for them. I would be honored if you would accept it when the time comes!

This is a pretty nice way to gather diamonds, the rarest gem out there. It's not good profit-wise since you get 700 rupees for ten luminous stones compared to 500 for one diamond, but diamonds do have other uses, so it's still a good thing to remember.

Alright, time to harvest some Shock Arrows. We want to take the east path to the reservoirs, from which we can fly up the waterfalls to reach Ploymous Mountain.

At the end, another NPC.

...Oh! Well, if it isn't Master Link! Aren't you a sight for sore eyes? We...used to play together all the time. That was 100 years ago. My name is Gaddison. The Hylian that Prince Sidon brought here... Don't tell me that was you, Master Link! And what's more...you don't seem to have changed much in the last 100 years... Oh, but I shouldn't be making idle chitchat just now. I'm supposed to be fulfilling my officially appointed duty by keeping watch at the east gate. I must maintain my surveillance of the East Reservoir Lake. We can chat later.

Time to get to it!

More photos.

Climbing up to Ploymous manually would be a rather big challenge. It's pretty high up, so it'd require a lot of stamina, plus with the rain surrounding it we pretty much have to approach it from the north or west, which is a long way around.

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u31/061.mp4

But we got this rather handy Zora's Armor, which lets us climb the waterfall (at no stamina cost!) and then gives us an air boost to let us glide to wherever we need.

We've got three waterfalls to climb in this manner, until...

This must be the place!

Eventually, we make our way to this conspicuous clearing...

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u31/072.mp4

Ah, the Lynel. We've caught glimpses of them before, this is the first time we'll actually deal with one.

Lynels date back to the original Legend of Zelda, where they threw swords around in the more dangerous areas of the map. In this game, they're among the most dangerous enemies you'll face, with quite a few tricks that make them difficult to go against, especially early on.

Note that we actually don't have to fight the Lynel. Our goal is to get 20 Shock Arrows. We can sneak around and grab them around this area, or we can just find some elsewhere.

Music: Lynel / Yiga Assassin Battle

But screw that! Let's show just how dangerous this creature is!

First, gotta get its picture for a quest. I gotta say, that's a scary-looking picture!

You do not want to fight this thing at a distance. It will start shooting off shock arrows, and three at a time no less! Then keep in mind that it's raining, so we do not want to be on the wrong end of one of those.

So I leap off and after a couple pot-shots get ready for close-quarters combat.

This guy is rough, so I'm pulling out all the stops. Highest armor tier I have, and defense-boosting food.

Somehow, the Lynel disappeared.

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u31/081.mp4

It'll magically reappear if you trigger something weird though, so you can't just cheese these guys.

Close quarters is preferrable, but it's still not easy.

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u31/085.mp4

...I take a few licks here and there. I'd probably be dead if not for the defense boost.

Eventually I start getting some hits in. The main issue is Lynels have a lot of health, so it'll be a long fight and you will break several weapons in the process.

Really, Lynel fights more than anything test your ability to dodge and launch counter-attacks. Mastering this process is a key part in surviving combat with Lynels, as they're fairly predictable and easy to deal with close up, compared to their rushing/arrow attacks from a distance.

You'd think I'd be better at this by now!

If there's ever a time to chow down mid-battle, this is it. I at least try to hide away a bit to "pretend" to give Link enough time to eat the food.

This is why you don't want to be hit with shock arrows. Three hearts damage even with 15 defense and the tier-three defense boost.

As I said, this is a long fight.

Once it loses enough health, it starts shooting three fireballs, one after the other. Just keep running in a large circle to dodge.

Again, the goal here is just to get the Shock Arrows. The combat challenge is just a bonus.

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u31/100.mp4

The final attack is a giant ground pound.

Just keep your distance from it.

After breaking a second weapon, I switch to good old Thunderblade.

https://a.mega64.net/botw/u31/103.mp4

Elemental effects don't have much of an effect on Lynels, but the electric attacks in the rain look really cool.

https://a.mega64.net/botw/u31/105.mp4

I take a lot of hits and time, but I actually manage to kill the thing in my first try.

And now, the loot.

Lynel Bows are pretty nice. They launch three arrows at the same time, while still only costing one arrow to fire. Imagine raining Bomb Arrows with this thing!

Lynel drops. A good number of armor upgrades want these.

Apparently you can sort of use this thing as a weapon. It's not very effective, but still useful to know!

Finally, nothing special about this sword, but it still looks cool.

After that, getting the Shock Arrows is trivial. We're now ready to face Vah Ruta.

But not quite yet. Remember that Zora Helm? The lake it may or may not be in is up on the mountain region, a bit to the northwest. Might as well grab it while we're here!

https://a.mega64.net/botw/u31/123.mp4

Kinda took me by surprise there.

Moblins aren't anything special though.

Some nice weapons, at least!

Whatever it takes for the right photo.

Meh.

If we went directly north of Zora's Domain, we could've ridden the waterfall up to here.

I think this may be the place!

The ruins are mostly underwater, which means the Zora Helm would probably be under too...

You know what this means.

The Zora Helm unlocks the Spin Attack when swimming.

https://a.mega64.net/botw/u31/138.mp4

It's not very effective as an actual attack. Its best use is killing fish you're swimming past, honestly, and even then it doesn't do a great job at it. If you want to fish, use Cryonis and Bombs.

Oh hey, that Lynel's going to be back soon.

Luckily, the Blood Moon cutscene didn't cut me off mid-glide.

I miss the Korok. Next time!

Let's get this side quest finished up.

Here you go!

Oh, wow! Please show me!

*ahem* My apologies... That sound was not very dignified, was it? P-pardon me... I'm all better now. That Lynel... How terrifying! One look at this, and I doubt anyone would get any reckless ideas about visiting Ploymus Mountain!

Oh, right! Now for your reward...

The final piece of Zora gear! Not bad. They boost swim speed a bit.

These Zora greaves were once made by skilled craftsmen by order of an ancient Zora king. Now they're fairly common. As you may know, East Reservoir Lake was created in a collaboration between Hylians and the Zora. After East Reservoir Lake was finished, we made Zora greaves as a token of friendship for Hylians who came to visit. But over time, the number of Hylians visiting the domain dwindled, and my father had to close his armor shop. These Zora greaves here were the last pair left in the stock room when he closed up shop. Wearing these, even a Hylian can swim as well as a Zora. That said, these would be wasted on me. They are only useful for a Hylian like you. Please take good care of them!

One of the better rewards we've gotten so far.

It also means we've got all the Zora gear now!

Before we finish things off, let's upgrade our new gear. All the Zora gear requires three Lizalfos Horns, a trivial thing to pay. The Champion's Tunic is not so bad, but later upgrades will be more of a challenge...

Next time, Vah Ruta!

And since it's been a while, how should we dress? Zora's Armor is required for a bit of the next leg, but after that I'm fine with whatever you choose, including dye colors.

Mega64 posted:

CURRENT ARMOR

* Cannot be dyed

Head

Climber's Bandanna
Hylian Hood
Rubber Helm
Soldier's helm
Stealth Mask
Zora Helmer

Body

Champion's Tunic *
Hylian Tunic
Nintendo Switch Shirt *
Old Shirt
Soldier's Armor
Stealth Chest Guard
Warm Doublet
Zora Armor

Legs

Climbing Boots
Hylian Trousers
Soldier's Greaves
Stealth Tights
Well-Worn Trousers
Zora Greaves

-----

Dye Colors:

Blue, Red, Yellow, White, Black, Purple, Green, Light Blue, Navy, Orange, Peach, Crimson, Light Yellow, Brown, and Gray.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 25, 2017

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
So the way they were talking it sounds like the Zora armor is unique. Is it indestructible or are there ways to get more?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Go full Zora armor, no dyes.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

So the way they were talking it sounds like the Zora armor is unique. Is it indestructible or are there ways to get more?

All armor is indestructible. Only weapons, bows, and shields break.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Full Zora Armor, dyed whichever of red or crimson is closest to the Zora color.

Let's join the Sidon fan club.

Augus posted:

Full Zora Armor, dyed red to look like Sidon
:respek:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 24, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Full Zora Armor, dyed red to look like Sidon

Lynels are pretty much my favorite enemies to fight in the whole Zelda series. Once you get the hand of it they're pretty predictable and even exploitable, but they have a ton of poo poo to throw at you and the way they dart in and out at you makes for a pretty dynamic encounter.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
RED ZORA ARMOR

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mega64 posted:

Eventually I start getting some hits in. The main issue is Lynels have a lot of health, so it'll be a long fight and you will break several weapons in the process.

This seems like a good time to talk about the actual combat numbers, give folks a sense of scale. The Champion's Tunic lets you see hp of enemies, so this is all about as transparent as a game can make it without having some faerie show up and pause everything to explain it.

The attack value of a weapon is how much damage it does for each attack. Enemies don't have armor, they don't take reduced damage from anything, it's just "base attack damage, doubled if the weapon's thrown or breaks, extra damage for charge attacks [that I've never bothered to parse out]" plus some buff from whatever attack food you scarfed down (I would go parse this now but my WiiU is all the way on the other side of the room. :effort:). If your sword does 14 damage and the enemy has 60 health, it takes 5 attacks. For a sense of scale your starter bokoblins have 13 health, blues have around 70 and black ones have 240. That lynel has 2000 health. However you come at it, this thing is going to take some effort. On the other hand, Mega got a 24 attack sword from it instead of his 14 one, which would make going back and fighting it again substantially shorter.

The damage you take works pretty much the same way. It doesn't matter if a club is being held by a bokoblin, a moblin or a lynel, it has the same attack stat as if you picked it up. So if Mega had 9 armor (I believe that's what the gear has at that point going purely off memory), that 24-attack sword would be doing 15 damage every time it hit him, aka 3.75 hearts. So if you see a basic bokoblin with some nasty spiky club don't take it for granted; if he DOES hit you, that's gonna hurt.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think the Zora armor was the first set I completed. I dyed it red to match Sidon of course. So I'll just vote for that for now. Oh, and maybe go poke around Zora's Domain and see if you can find a nice sword and shield to go with it?

Also I started a quest to have Hylian Hoods in every colour. They seem to get restocked quite often so that's handy.

I can't really decide what I think about Lynels. They're fun to fight but take a bit too long I think.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Red Zora Armor I guess.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Well that was easy.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Sidon's fan club extends into real life, it would seem. I'd vote for the same but I think the Zora armour actually looks really good in blue and there's no 'un-dye' option.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

vdate posted:

Sidon's fan club extends into real life, it would seem. I'd vote for the same but I think the Zora armour actually looks really good in blue and there's no 'un-dye' option.

There is an option to return armor pieces back to their original color. If I remember right, it's an option before you choose to dye your clothes.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The dyeing process is just wonderful. Well, probably less so for the froggos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
so many hypnotoads.

• Locked thread