Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jimmy Buckets for 5+10 let's do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

zoux posted:

Wait did he get traded to the Bucks back to the Sixers and then back to the Bucks

No he played all of 15-16 for the bucks brah

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Bulls gave up two 2nd rounders, Taj, and essentially two first rounders for Payne

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I was curious what happened to the pick that Philly got for trading away the reigning ROY and it turned out to be... the pick they traded to Boston to get the #1 pick this year :stare:

(it ended up an unprotected pick because it didn't switch hands due to protection three years in a row)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Jimmy Buckets for 5+10 let's do this

gently caress your stupid picks

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'd do Jimmy for Jaylen Brown, #3 and that Memphis pick they have stashed. Doubt the Celtics would do it.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

zoux posted:

Wait did he get traded to the Bucks back to the Sixers and then back to the Bucks

No. He got traded February 2015 in that trade that got Philly the Lakers pick. Don't know what's up with that page.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

I was curious what happened to the pick that Philly got for trading away the reigning ROY and it turned out to be... the pick they traded to Boston to get the #1 pick this year :stare:

(it ended up an unprotected pick because it didn't switch hands due to protection three years in a row)

Jason Kidd still has a job after that trade

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Diva Cupcake posted:

This is fine. No Knicks fan wants him anywhere near the draft room.

I was hoping that tweet meant he would be performing AT the Draft

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tae posted:

Jason Kidd still has a job after that trade

Milwaukee only really gave up Brandon Knight for it, so whatever. The Suns got fleeced.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

kingcobweb posted:

Milwaukee only really gave up Brandon Knight for it, so whatever. The Suns got fleeced.

Milwaukee had a choice between Brandon Knight and the Lakers pick.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Milwaukee had a choice between Brandon Knight and the Lakers pick.

Oh then yeah that's insanely stupid

edit: wait... now I'm confusing myself. argh

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

someone steal zingzong's phone and tweet "how's it goink"

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
This is probably gonna gently caress some teams up

https://twitter.com/byjayking/status/877728710073368576

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

morestuff posted:

This is probably gonna gently caress some teams up

https://twitter.com/byjayking/status/877728710073368576

Lol this offseason never stops delivering.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/ianbegley/status/877725750413209600
https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/877728436575322114

2 + Ingram
3 + Brown
4 + Booker
5 + ...Buddy?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

3 + Brown works. Doubt Phoenix gives up 4 and Booker. Chriss would work. 5 + anyone on the roster if I'm the Kings.

Not sure that's a good deal for the Lakers.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/JasonLloydNBA/status/877730521127825408

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Congrats to Dan Gilbert for finally hiring a black Detroiter

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Skal and Zing would be quite a good inside outside combo offensively and I guess Skal can go chase the perimeter players so Zing don't have to

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/877734367640010752

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

There it is

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/albertnahmad/status/877732532237873153

gently caress you Kevin Durant

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

5 years is longer than Griffin has been as even acting GM for the Cavs

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Haha I commented on this to a friend, it also fed into the clear ref bias to extend the finals by 2 games. Fortunately golden state was so good, they only allowed that to overcome them for 1 game.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I know you're new to the game of basketball but Melo da gawd can't play the 1.

Nah, it was a dumb attempt to riff on melo & Kyrie's ballhog tendencies...1 ball, 2 hogs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wow GS breaks the league so hard that the cap lowers, making it harder for a new competitor to form. They really are light years ahead

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
chauncey billups...who does he think he is?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Wow GS breaks the league so hard that the cap lowers, making it harder for a new competitor to form. They really are light years ahead

A reasonable cap jump helps them maintain their team while it's simply unlikely any other team can put together a competitor

Not like CLE could add anyone period

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think the expected cap was 103 million. Does that make it harder for Boston to sign Hayward to the max or something?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

I think the expected cap was 103 million. Does that make it harder for Boston to sign Hayward to the max or something?

Yep, probably have to trade someone else away, which may make a big trade more likely

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Are the future cap projections factoring in ads on jerseys yet? Have to think that will give a decent boost.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is there any evidence that billups would be good at GMing

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

So they are hiring a GM less than 24 hours from the draft?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
this offseason is insane

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

is there any evidence that billups would be good at GMing

Good floor general ~ good basketball thinker

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I always thought Billups was destined for coaching. I remember reading when he got traded to Denver that he basically overhauled how that team functioned and was coaching it from the floor.

Looks like he's been a GM candidate a bit lately though, I wasn't aware of this: http://bsndenver.com/chauncey-billups-seems-destined-for-a-gm-job-but-it-wont-be-with-the-nuggets/

i was looking for an article about his approach when he got traded to Denver and found this NYT article... uhh

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/24/sports/basketball/24billups.html posted:

But added to a nucleus of the All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony, J. R. Smith and Kenyon Martin, Billups quickly cured the Nuggets. Unlike Iverson, he elevated the play of those around him. His maturity was contagious, demonstrated in everything from Anthony’s on-court effort to the team’s off-court makeover. Suits are the norm, not baggy pants and untucked shirts. Camaraderie, not individualism, is the cherished trait. Billups won the N.B.A.’s sportsmanship award this season. No more Thuggets.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 22, 2017

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

If Danny Ainge doesn't end up with Kristaps in the next 24 hours I have no loving idea what he's waiting for in terms of cashing in his assets.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can deals be officially made already, someone told me the transaction window doesn't open until July

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
go cavs

• Locked thread