Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's a loving huge world, even with the beeper you've gotta get close. i'm just checking out any areas that i don't have korok seeds in yet and looking for the beeps

plus one or two of them might be quest shrines. i know i've got like 2 shrine quests left but they could be for shrines that i found and finished without finding the quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can't wait to see my hero's path. Probably going to make a video of it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im so fuckin pumped to get to hang out more wth daruk next time i play the game

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

GameCube posted:

plus one or two of them might be quest shrines. i know i've got like 2 shrine quests left but they could be for shrines that i found and finished without finding the quest

I'm pretty sure it won't show a shrine quest if you've already found the shrine.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

re-bought this for switch on friday and thought i'd dick around for a bit, see how it runs compared to wii u

played for 10 hours

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I finally beat this. I insanely overprepared for the last boss

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

I finally beat this. I insanely overprepared for the last boss

i think thats everyones story, but this is def a game about the journey and not the end result. hope mastermode changes the bosses to be pretty menacing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

everyone who finished knows that the true end bosses are white lynels

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the end boss is learning to let go

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

everyone who finished knows that the true end bosses are white lynels

There's going to be gold ones soon

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

GameCube posted:

god dammit. poo poo

Same

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

an actual dog posted:

I'm pretty sure it won't show a shrine quest if you've already found the shrine.

nah what happens is you'll eventually find someone with a red exclamation point and they'll be like "hmm i wonder what that weird statue is all about. i bet there's some neat poo poo there" and you'll get the shrine quest, then immediately afterward it'll show SHRINE QUEST COMPLETED because you already did it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

omg i just shot an apple with an arrow on a whim and the arrow was stuck in the apple this game is so good

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

do we think this is the best nintendo launch title (maybe all-time launch title) since sm64? because i do

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

R. Guyovich posted:

do we think this is the best nintendo launch title (maybe all-time launch title) since sm64? because i do
That's a weird designation.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

R. Guyovich posted:

I feel like that's kind of diluted by it basically being a wiiu port. That's not a complaint, just that I bought the wiiu version instead of buying a new console for it and thw game was fine and I don't feel like I missed out on much yet

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

what other good ones are there lol. nintendo is a second year company for sure

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

R. Guyovich posted:

nah, Wii U launched with Blops 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

nah, Wii U launched with Blops 2

the multiplayer was tdm only cause thats where all 80 players would congregate

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

scary ghost dog posted:

what other good ones are there lol. nintendo is a second year company for sure

i looked up launch games for other consoles after making that post and can comfortably say it applies to all non-nintendo consoles, as well

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wasnt smash bros melee a launch title or launch window

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

wasnt smash bros melee a launch title or launch window

Yeah it came out like two weeks after the GameCube launch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Star Wars: Rogue Leader was an actual GC launch title and it was pretty great

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

those are real good games but sm64 and botw are better imo

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

are there even great launch titles on like any consoles besides smb, smw, sm64 and now botw? i guess soul calibur and rogue leader are pretty good but not on that level. i cant really think of anything else

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
House of the Dead 2

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Zas posted:

are there even great launch titles on like any consoles besides smb, smw, sm64 and now botw? i guess soul calibur and rogue leader are pretty good but not on that level. i cant really think of anything else

Halo 1 and SSX 1 imho

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HolePisser1982 posted:

Halo 1 and SSX 1 imho

agree with these being real good launch games. i liked sonic adventure back in the day, as well. i guess for me it's just weird for developers not to spend time working on a slam dunk title that gets people excited about the system but it seems most companies are content with putting out a bunch of subpar games and expecting people to buy the new thing. it's not like that strategy hasn't worked lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hell, Nintendo delayed the launch of the N64 by almost a year so they could finish Super Mario 64 and make sure it was really up to snuff

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wii Sports, unironically.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

R. Guyovich posted:

agree with these being real good launch games. i liked sonic adventure back in the day, as well. i guess for me it's just weird for developers not to spend time working on a slam dunk title that gets people excited about the system but it seems most companies are content with putting out a bunch of subpar games and expecting people to buy the new thing. it's not like that strategy hasn't worked lol

it's hard to make good game under any circumstances, least of all for new hardware with no wiggle room in the development schedule

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

one goddamn shrine left. not a shrine quest. gonna try to find it before hero's path comes out

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

GameCube posted:

one goddamn shrine left. not a shrine quest. gonna try to find it before hero's path comes out

Going to laugh if it's the one where the 120 shrine reward chests are

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Without spoiling can someone tell me if I'm missing something or if the orb in Impa's house is actually gated until like the end of the game. I thought for sure being able to take it would be my reward for finding all the memories but there actually wasn't a reward for that afaik.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Without spoiling can someone tell me if I'm missing something or if the orb in Impa's house is actually gated until like the end of the game. I thought for sure being able to take it would be my reward for finding all the memories but there actually wasn't a reward for that afaik.

its part of a hidden quest

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

the orb is part of a quest that you can do at any point in the game

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I found the spot you're obviously supposed to use the orb (the floor piece around the corner from the fairy fountain) but never actually found a way for those idiots to let me borrow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

Bill Barber posted:

I found the spot you're obviously supposed to use the orb (the floor piece around the corner from the fairy fountain) but never actually found a way for those idiots to let me borrow it.

a bunch of my friends were stumped by that quest too so heres the solution if you want: the book in the corner of impa's room that catalogues the villager's worries is actually a list of quests you need to complete to gain access to the heirloom

• Locked thread