Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The primary defense of SMG is that he's the least terrible and most interesting poster in CinD. That says a hell of a lot more about CinD than it does about SMG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Baronjutter posted:

It's actually more like this scene from Always Sunny where charlie thinks he's become super smart but is spouting pure gibberish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNjJutK_4A

nice touch that he spoke gibberish mandarin instead of just gibberish

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Baronjutter posted:

It's actually more like this scene from Always Sunny where charlie thinks he's become super smart but is spouting pure gibberish.

Thanks, thread, I'm finally watching this show.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Hollywood Cop BotW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PILodU2wXw

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

a bone to pick posted:

Jupiter Ascending was the best Star Wars prequel

But Vin diesel is a better lead than mila Kunis and I find it hilarious that he uses his huge payouts from fast and the furious to fund his super nerdy vanity projects.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oohhboy posted:

I hate SMG with the fury of an orb touched by Trump.

But seriously the guy is a bull poo poo machine made sentient. I don't know where he finds the time. He is one of the reasons I don't go in to CD, everybody laps his poo poo up.
The only time I've ever agreed with him is his analysis of Jurassic Park because it was actually pretty straightforward and made sense about the themes of corporatism being bad and deadly.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Is this the first time that Jay and Rich had any sort of significant beef with each other?

Everyday ends with a TUMS FESTIVAL

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Eh, SMG ain't so bad, you kind of know his gimmick at this point and it would be a bit of a laugh that's often fairly interesting and seems quite tongue in cheek if it weren't for the rest of CineD. That's the main problem, its the way his gimmick gets unironically, desperately copied by everyone else there that causes things to become truly insufferable. If he was just the one guy who had the 'ridiculous over-analysis' gimmick it'd be better, instead the entire forum utterly embraces ridiculous over-analysis while being really smug and self righteous about it.

I don't really think he deserved what he got for the thing he said.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Rich should know better than to argue with the editor of the video.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Jay needs to see if they can get some Tumsİ brand advertising money with that video.

TUMS FESTIVAL

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

achillesforever6 posted:

The only time I've ever agreed with him is his analysis of Jurassic Park because it was actually pretty straightforward and made sense about the themes of corporatism being bad and deadly.

His analysis toolbox only has a hammer and so the whole world looks like a bunch of nails. Sometimes it is appropriate to do a deep psychoanalytic reading of a pop culture phenom but they all apply Roland Barthes death of the author so radically that they become the mutant psudo-intellectuals of CineD. Like treating Michael Bay's hagiography of the US Army in Transformers as a critique of the military-industrial complex.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

khwarezm posted:

Eh, SMG ain't so bad, you kind of know his gimmick at this point and it would be a bit of a laugh that's often fairly interesting and seems quite tongue in cheek if it weren't for the rest of CineD. That's the main problem, its the way his gimmick gets unironically, desperately copied by everyone else there that causes things to become truly insufferable. If he was just the one guy who had the 'ridiculous over-analysis' gimmick it'd be better, instead the entire forum utterly embraces ridiculous over-analysis while being really smug and self righteous about it.

I don't really think he deserved what he got for the thing he said.

What did he say?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

bondster posted:

Is this the first time that Jay and Rich had any sort of significant beef with each other?

Everyday ends with a TUMS FESTIVAL

Why are you bringing that up now? They had that argument all the way back on the Terror in Beverly Hills episode.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

JB50 posted:

What did he say?

Everyday ends with a TUMS festival

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The Something Awful Forums > Main > GBS: The Place With the Helpful Hardware > Red Letter Media: The S'Mores of Racism

fake edit:

JB50 posted:

What did he say?

Mod says it wasn't a single post, he got banned for being a pompous dismissive piece of poo poo in every post he makes ever.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tums tums lol

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
If Jay and I got a room alone together it would be a CUMS FESTVAL.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

counterfeitsaint posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > GBS: The Place With the Helpful Hardware > Red Letter Media: The S'Mores of Racism

Everyone please present this or any other "funny" ideas to the gbs mods. This old title is so worn it's ripping at the seams.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Rich, you loving moron, it's a loving tums festival you idiot.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Baronjutter posted:

Burn Gorman was credited as Science Bitch 1# in this

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Burn Gorman was credited as Science Bitch 1# in this

Yeah they had just come off filming Pacific Rim together I think. Which is also I believe why Guillermo del Toro plays such a fantastic role as well.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Pre Rec is broadcasting right now, but they set the chat to subscribers only or something. I learned this by joining and immediately typing "Is tonight a tums festival Rich?" like a million others no doubt.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Ahhh, the S'Mores of Racism!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Rich Evans eat the tums!!

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
a powerful self-own from rich evans

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rich was right.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Rich was right.

WRONG

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Which episode of Best of the Worst had the movie with the shootout at a funeral where one of the actors was high as a kite and looking off into the distance?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Which episode of Best of the Worst had the movie with the shootout at a funeral where one of the actors was high as a kite and looking off into the distance?

I'm guessing the actor was probably Cameron Mitchell.

The BOTWs for both Killpoint and Raw Force are two recent ones I remember that are great.

I think Raw Force has a funeral shootout?

priznat fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 22, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

priznat posted:

I'm guessing the actor was probably Cameron Mitchell.

The BOTWs for both Killpoint and Raw Force are two recent ones I remember that are great.

I think Raw Force has a funeral shootout?

No it's not Raw Force, but searching that brought up the video I was thinking of. It's in Geteven where one of the actors was legit drunk at the bar and during the funeral scene. Wasn't a shootout but it was the one I was looking for.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

a powerful self-own from rich evans

The reactions from Mike and Jay are wonderful. Mike just drinks excitedly and when they cut to the footage, Jay has the :smug:est look on his face.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
SMG is an annoying prick and I'm glad he's gone even though it probably won't last.

People are defending his asshattery as "interesting" when he just hits copypaste on most everything, loving hell

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

HIJK posted:

SMG is an annoying prick and I'm glad he's gone even though it probably won't last.

People are defending his asshattery as "interesting" when he just hits copypaste on most everything, loving hell

He's already unbanned, one of his sycophants probably paid for it.

Uncle Wemus posted:

hes unbanned :woop:

smg i've been waiting a month for your wonder woman reading please come back

This is pathetic.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
they deserve the hell they post in

we all do

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

WampaLord posted:

This is pathetic.

In both price and shame, this is like a red text he bought himself.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tums festival might be my favorite thing I've ever seen on this show.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

How can Jay drink so much and Rich totally abstain yet Rich has the memory of Ronald Reagan?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Andro Dunos posted:

How can Jay drink so much and Rich totally abstain yet Rich has the memory of Ronald Reagan?

Obesity can trigger early brain issues.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Andro Dunos posted:

He's been right about plenty of other stuff, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Saw Wonder Woman. A bit confused by all the calls of it being the greatest movie ever. It's good, but fell somewhere around midtier Marvel movie for me. Like around Ant-Man or Dr. Strange level.

And yeah that ending was awful.

• Locked thread