Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've got every soul break for ramza at this point besides his defunct rock chucking one and between shout, chant, and history's truth i basically need to hack in some way of giving him both mako might record materias and a battleforged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Jump start!

(or just ace striker, lifesiphon, and a boss that doesn't hurt you much early on)

I don't have his USB, but I've had both his SSBs and Tailwind for a while now and really he's just a shout + breakdown bot 99% of the time.

I'd like his USB but dunno how much I'd fit it in compared to Shout. I RW the USB frequently though.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Cowcaster posted:

i've got every soul break for ramza at this point besides his defunct rock chucking one and between shout, chant, and history's truth i basically need to hack in some way of giving him both mako might record materias and a battleforged

I still use that defunct rock chucking one. I love that SB. I try to use that as my finishing hit on tough bosses whenever possible.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the thing is his USB boosts mage teams and has a nice instant cast feature, but doesn't provide haste. shout gives haste, but only boosts physical teams. chant only helps physical teams and not as much as shout, and doesn't even provide haste, but can play well with cloud's upcoming thing. all three of them can stack on top of each other.

ideally i'd roll them all up in a big fuckpile of "all the buffs ever"

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 21, 2017

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The one pull I can afford is definitely going to banner 1 because I still need better healing and Rosa USB, Yuna USB, and Asylum being on the same one is a pretty fine shot at a good one.

Between that and the Curaga Lucky, will I finally overcome my biggest teambuilding hurdle? Stay tuned......

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
So, who's gonna be pulling on the coming lucky draw banners? I've got enough mythril to justify taking a stab at the imperil and BSB-only draws. My imperil gaps are in water, ice, poison, and dark. There are very, very few water/ice/poison imperils to be had so that's a bit of a moonshot, but with 8 dark imperils I've gotta take a stab at it.

As for the BSB-only banner, I think you can justify a pull on it no matter how many you already own, given that every BSB relic will be on it, and thus the pool size is 192 relics.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

does the burst soul break banner include the burst soul breaks that themselves are imperils?

but yeah i'm probably chucking 25 at that because the pool is so vast, so i'm looking forward to walking away with all the final fantasy tactics bursts i already have

i only have about 125 mythril at the moment though and i want to toss at least 50 at cloud's USB when it rolls around so i can't really spend that much

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I'll be pulling on Imperil and BSB. I need imperils for every element but holy and fire, which means I'll be getting those again on this draw, but gotta take a chance at 25 mithril. And the BSB one is worth it for pretty much everyone. Lots of dupes, but so so many non-dupes and for only 25 mithril.

Depending on how those go, I'll then pull at least once on Banners 1 and 5. 2-4 all seem to have chase relics for me, but too many dupes to make it worth it. Even 5 has more dupes than I'm comfortable with, but not going to see a banner of this quality that also contains Wall for a long while.

After that, I'll likely draw once on the first 6 banner and at least once on the later Cloud banner.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

does the burst soul break banner include the burst soul breaks that themselves are imperils?

but yeah i'm probably chucking 25 at that because the pool is so vast, so i'm looking forward to walking away with all the final fantasy tactics bursts i already have

i only have about 125 mythril at the moment though and i want to toss at least 50 at cloud's USB when it rolls around so i can't really spend that much

The burst banner is actually burst and up, so it has all bursts, OSBs, USBs, CSBs. Although odds are against it there is certainly a possibility you can dupe across the Imperil and Burst+ banners.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

paperwind posted:

So, who's gonna be pulling on the coming lucky draw banners? I've got enough mythril to justify taking a stab at the imperil and BSB-only draws. My imperil gaps are in water, ice, poison, and dark. There are very, very few water/ice/poison imperils to be had so that's a bit of a moonshot, but with 8 dark imperils I've gotta take a stab at it.

As for the BSB-only banner, I think you can justify a pull on it no matter how many you already own, given that every BSB relic will be on it, and thus the pool size is 192 relics.

Wait, are those for sure coming? I only saw the fest banners up so far.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
looking forward to all the BSB1s from the burst banner

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I will never have enough imperils and BSBs so I'm pulling on both of those for sure.

I really want a pull on the VI banner for Celes' runic BSB and I'll probably pull on the upcoming X one as well. Kinda want to pull on Cloud's USB banner but I'm not gonna be terribly upset if I don't have enough since I can just RW it for most things. Might just throw one pull at the 4th banner + both luckies and call it a day as far as this fest is concerned.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

tinybee/11

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

paperwind posted:

So, who's gonna be pulling on the coming lucky draw banners?
I am because I always pull on lucky draws! Except the rematch one. That one sucked.

1st AD posted:

Wait, are those for sure coming? I only saw the fest banners up so far.
FFRKCentral mined the announcement so unless DeNA starts messing with us like they did the Men of the Hour (sausagefest) banner, the imperil banner will be up in ~11.5 hours from now

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i am normally a huge proponent of "never not lucky draw" but my mythril supply just can't keep up with how many lucky banners have been showing up lately

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to skip the Curaga one because I've been fairly RNG-blessed when it came to healing SBs and I have over half of what's available on that banner.

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 21, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Always pull.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Man, even a lot of those are worth having, either because they give longevity that 5 and 6* abilities can't in marathon fights or because they instantly make a character you like but can't really justify using feel immediately viable.

The idea of someone skipping the BSB lucky feels pretty incredible to me.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Counterpoint: Never pull.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

Man, even a lot of those are worth having, either because they give longevity that 5 and 6* abilities can't in marathon fights or because they instantly make a character you like but can't really justify using feel immediately viable.

The idea of someone skipping the BSB lucky feels pretty incredible to me.

I can see someone doing this if they've been lucky on past banners and have a set plan for every piece of mithril. There are some pretty awesome banners coming up, after all, and if you already have what could be considered the top prizes on this lucky, it could be worth skipping. There are so many banners in the future that don't have Tiny Bees and Arbiter's Apocryphas, to say nothing of dupes.

That said, it'd be pretty hard to avoid pulling as a FTPer.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

KataraniSword posted:

Counterpoint: Never pull.

*extremely south park voice* perhaps the answer lies somewhere in the middle

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cowcaster posted:

*extremely south park voice* perhaps the answer lies somewhere in the middle

I mean, "optimally" the answer is to have never pulled with mythril before G5, while still earning all the 5* accessories and mythril from events. That way you make the most effective use of dungeon/event mythril, which you then blow however you please.

God knows I regret how many empty 11s I got in the beforetimes.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Jesus Christ was Barthandelus easy compared to his recent event counterpart. I used the exact same team and I think the only move he got off on me after the first couple turns was each Dispel, then he was dead.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
For the first time I've ended up muting the game music entirely. Not for the chocobo remix we'll be hearing for the next 20 days, but for that lovely rear end loving BING BONG BING BONG BING BONG remix of FF7 Highway. They have to bring it back in some capacity for every festival, I swear they specifically used the Highway setting for this Mired in Crisis event just so they had an excuse to use this remix again.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Wasn't there supposed to be the first Lucky Draw tonight? I thought someone said "in 11 hours" like 11 hours ago...

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Midnight is when they pop usually.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The first LD isn't scheduled for the usual 9 AM (greens shop, daily rewards)/9 PM EDT (events) rollover time, but rather for 4 AM EDT (daily dungeon rollover). It's kinda odd but certainly not unprecedented.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Last time when we had Lucky Draws that only lasted 24h, it was the same deal.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cowcaster posted:

Good news! Ramza's new BSB2 that just hit in Japan is:

quote:

Ramza BSB2 - EnHoly, Party ATK+50% and Haste, Burst Mode
Cmd 1 - 5xST Holy/Non-ele physical dmg with no SB accumulated
Cmd 2 - Charge the user's Soul Break gauge a very large amount

Cmd1 needs to do a fuckton of damage for me to care, but command 2 is Wrath that lets him Shout/Chant/Shout endlessly or play the mother of all entrust bots. (He also gets an LM that is "start fight with full ATB and 1 charge of instant cast.")

The real question is whether Cmd2 is classified as a Knight ability though. I doubt it, but if it is...

quote:

Marche USB - 10xST Holy/Non-ele physical dmg, EnHoly, self EX Mode "Speed Combo" (ATK +30% and grant Front Row party members Physical Quickcast when using Knight abilities)

Yeah, that and Entrust would be real good.

So I read this wrong. Marche gives the whole front row quickcast when he uses a Knight skill.

So, yeah, Ramza can spam quickcast Wrath and entrust battery the poo poo out of your team as many times as you can hone entrust.

That seems real good.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 22, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Forbidden: Spending Mythril
Reccomend: Saving Mythril for FFTA Event

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Isn't that entry literally Shout with Enholy.

Wow.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Shout with Enholy, Burst, built-in Wrath without attack deduction, and a fun bonus attack.

So yeah, literally Shout but better. But 6 months or so away.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Shout Louder

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Even just the Ramza lmr seems really good, as long as you have at least one relic. That's a superior Dr. Mog rm. I wonder if it stacks.

If it does stack, he's also now an amazing entrust bot even if you have no other relic. Geez what an insane banner

Edit: can't read at night.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 22, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

iamsosmrt posted:

That's a superior Dr. Mog rm.

What? No it isn't. It does literally nothing that Dr. Mog's Teachings does.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I'm still reeling if that Marche USB is as good as it looks, especially if you pair it with imperil holy/holy weakness.

It gives him enholy for good damage with knight abilities (remember, we're getting a holy version of gaia cross too). And then each time he uses a knight ability, it grants everyone in the front row, including himself, quickcast. So he's quickcasting knight abilities himself, hitting a weakness to generate gauge quickly, and giving your whole front line quickcast. He could probably keep up his USB effect perpetually just from the quickcast hitting weakness. I just can't imagine having a physical team that is under quickcast effect all the time would not break the game. Now combine a Cloud USB RW with your DPS guys (frequently letting you do 100k+ damage every time they act), and... my god.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Schwartzcough posted:

I'm still reeling if that Marche USB is as good as it looks, especially if you pair it with imperil holy/holy weakness.

It gives him enholy for good damage with knight abilities (remember, we're getting a holy version of gaia cross too). And then each time he uses a knight ability, it grants everyone in the front row, including himself, quickcast. So he's quickcasting knight abilities himself, hitting a weakness to generate gauge quickly, and giving your whole front line quickcast. He could probably keep up his USB effect perpetually just from the quickcast hitting weakness. I just can't imagine having a physical team that is under quickcast effect all the time would not break the game. Now combine a Cloud USB RW with your DPS guys (frequently letting you do 100k+ damage every time they act), and... my god.

It also makes Squall BSB2 real good.

To say nothing of chase mode cheesers like Shadow/Edge.

And of course, there's what it can do for Ramza as an entrust bot.

It is a very very strong enabling piece.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Zurai posted:

It sure does go together with Dr. Mog's teachings like PB&J though.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Zurai posted:

You're right. That's what I get for reading really late at night. At is not sb. My b.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Schwartzcough posted:

It's even better than it looks.

It's high quickcast for physical damage abilities. Permanent Thunder God Mode for your entire front row, as long as they're using physical damage abilities and Marche is using Knight abilities.

• Locked thread